Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2021, 17:24   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
No way! I'm worried for my kids - they will not be happy in a modern sunroof-less car! It will be a deal breaker for us, and I'm sure for many others
For me, in all of 7+ years, I probably used the sunroof less than 20 times. For me, that sunroof being absent increases the car’s rigidity, makes it free of the rattling sun shade, reduces cost or replaces the cost with other features. For India it is always about packaging the product, in a strict budget, but honestly I was expecting it to have driving modes, DCC in place of a sunroof. Sadly thats not the case. Its only got the standard set of ‘features’ like adaptive LED lights, electric hatch, auto park, etc. But the overall package looks promising sans the alloy wheel design which I’m sure will be updated in a few months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Isn’t this button present in the Rapid as well as a mere boot release button? I really hope it gets an electric hatch though.
Yes indeed. But the Octavia’s hatch never had a button inside the cabin before this. So definitely this has been added for the electric release. Although positioning of it is not the best. Could have been accommodated in the center console like the Superb. Already I see two blank buttons on the console and steering wheel each.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 19:12   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Yes indeed. But the Octavia’s hatch never had a button inside the cabin before this. So definitely this has been added for the electric release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I really hope it gets an electric hatch though.
Quote:
I’m seeing a boot release button on the driver door, so finally Octavia gets an electric hatch.
It gets the Electric boot release. The "Set" Button on the centre fascia probably points to setting the limit for the height at which the boot could be opened.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-oct.jpg  

Last edited by 07CR : 1st June 2021 at 19:14.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 19:36   #288
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Nice car but again After Sales and expensive maintenance ruins it.
Old 1st June 2021, 19:41   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilicious View Post
Nice car but again After Sales and expensive maintenance ruins it.
This has improved a lot over the last couple of years. Maintenance is not expensive for the cost of the vehicle. Costs about Rs 12-15 k per year. Yes, spares are expensive though. If the Engine/DSG combo holds well, all other spare replacements are manageable.

Last edited by Karvel : 1st June 2021 at 19:46.
Karvel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 19:43   #290
BHPian

They gave it a clown face steering wheel...

I have no idea what it is with car makers and two spoke steering wheels. A steering wheel is literally the first thing a driver notices in an interior and they skimp on that.

If it's a chauffeur driven car like say, an S Class, it is acceptable. But you are going to drive it. If changing the steering wheel doesn't void the warranty or something, I'd definitely go for it.

And well the sunroof isn't something you'd miss a lot with our weather. Even if the family wants a car with a sunroof, they'll be excited about it for a week or a month and that's it. They might never even use it again.

Same thing with the headlight washers too. How long would it take to give the headlights a quick wipe using a soft cloth.

Hope the cost saved went towards something useful like better seat quality or something.

And ventilated seats would be amazing. I think most of us would agree. I am looking at a lot of cars including the Fortuner, Innova, Endeavour, etc... You get the idea.

Still even Skodà's own Kodiaq doesn't have them being a more expensive model. Maybe it's a bit too much to expect.

Last edited by OctYFAN : 1st June 2021 at 19:54. Reason: Added a few bits
OctYFAN is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 19:44   #291
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
This has improved a lot over the last couple of years. Maintenan is not expensive for the cost of the vehicle. Costs about Rs 12-15 k per year. Yes, spares are expensive though. If the Engine/DSG combo holds well, all other spare replacements are manageable.
Thanks buddy. I meant the spares. A lot of ppl still say that Skoda's after sales is horrific. I don't have first hand experience though.
Old 1st June 2021, 20:32   #292
BHPian

A video which we all were waiting for!

sampadroy is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 20:46   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=bwsKZnLB6uM&t=97s
Wow, the car looks amazing. Only grouse is too much of beige, as others mentioned hope there is a sportline with black interiors,
If this also drives and handles well as previous generations, personally would be my pick over any other cars or suv's, atleast until 3 series.
sunikkat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 21:01   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
It gets the Electric boot release. The "Set" Button on the centre fascia probably points to setting the limit for the height at which the boot could be opened.
Sorry to point out but that button is for TPMS. The actual boot release button is found on the driver door. That could be used to control the extent of the hatch opening and save that setting in memory. Extent of hatch opening can also be adjusted via the touch screen AFAIK.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 21:11   #295
BHPian

Quote:
I’m seeing a boot release button on the driver door, so finally Octavia gets an electric hatch. Rear window blinds are neat. Good that Skoda skipped the sunroof and offered more important and practical features throughout the cabin this time.
Cmon man, you are now just making excuses for Skoda. Sunroofs have been around for ages, its just Skoda who doesn’t seem to know how to fit them properly. So they just got rid of it all together.
nakul0888 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 21:22   #296
BHPian

Looks like Skoda wants to have some differentiation in features between the Octavia and Superb as otherwise it would be down only to the size.
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 23:20   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=bwsKZnLB6uM&t=97s
Wait, is there no sunroof?
Sunroofs are in trend and I think a car at that price point should have been offered with one. Although I am not a big fan of a sunroof, but I guess Indian buyers love it.
Old 1st June 2021, 23:44   #298
BHPian

The car looks absolutely gorgeous, specially with beige interiors and all that modern tech it's now loaded with. Headlight washer is a strange omission, however no sunroof is indeed a BIG deal breaker for us. For me sunroof is as important as any other window in the car and after being so used to, can't think of buying a 30 lacs car without sunroof.
Old 2nd June 2021, 01:57   #299
BHPian

I have always liked Octavia and seeing the new one in flesh makes me want it more. If the price the car right I am sure they will have plenty of sales.
Old Jetta/octavia owners want a new ride, polo/vento/rapid owners want to upgrade to a better car will definitely consider Octavia.
If the base variant is priced at 17-18L (ex-showoom) it would be a steal.
Jatin247 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 08:44   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Old Jetta/octavia owners want a new ride, polo/vento/rapid owners want to upgrade to a better car will definitely consider Octavia.
Well said. There is a substantial cross-section of potential buyers like what you've stated. Not everyone is gagging for a blingy crossover or massive SUV.

I'm a bit surprised why the omission of headlight washers is being looked at negatively. In my 5 year experience with my Octavia TSI, I find them useful only under very unique conditions, i.e. when it is not raining heavily and/or you're following vehicles closely on mucky surfaces. Maybe because it doesn't rain as much in BLR, I don't find it as useful like others in rainier areas or frequent highway users.

On all other occasions, it suddenly activates (I believe every 5th wash in Auto lights mode) and usually startles / irritates me (), showers a clean car with microscopic droplets and/or sprays following vehicles. Further, it really depletes the already smallish windshield fluid tank, which results in that irritating warning symbol on the dash.

Sunroof is a silly omission (if really omitted), and I suspect Skoda will bring it back in v2 pretty soon.

Again, too much beige for me plus piano black, both of which are tough to maintain.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks