Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2021, 13:45   #346
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Spotted this Octavia mule doing 'high speed runs' on Palm Beach Road, New Mumbai-

I have a remapped Figo 1.5 TDCi. So I do know a thing or two about high speed runs.
Great catch! I love the sweeping indicator. Was it the L&K with the fancy new alloys or the lower trim?
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 13:51   #347
BHPian

So can the new engine propel Octavia from 0 to 100 under 7 seconds?

Considering the same engine takes less than 8 sec for Superb, 6.xx could be possible for Octavia due to lower weight.
Old 4th June 2021, 13:55   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Spotted this Octavia mule doing 'high speed runs' on Palm Beach Road, New Mumbai-

Attachment 2163833
The more I see the pictures the more I am liking it. Last year I was in the borderline of upgrading my 2016 Octavia TDI MT, but then decided against it and went for few mods (including remap), rather than losing more money on new car depreciation.
But those minimalist interiors and overall look and features of the new car is very tempting. I need to stay strong now
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 14:23   #349
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Great catch! I love the sweeping indicator. Was it the L&K with the fancy new alloys or the lower trim?
It was the L&K.

It seems like I am in the minority here, but I absolutely love those fancy L&K alloys.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 15:23   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
So can the new engine propel Octavia from 0 to 100 under 7 seconds?

Considering the same engine takes less than 8 sec for Superb, 6.xx could be possible for Octavia due to lower weight.
Yes, you're right! The 2.0TSI Octavia (non VRS) in a 4x4 drivetrain does 0-100 in 6.8 seconds.

Source- Skoda Czech Republic
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-speed.png  

akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 16:33   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Few more
2 Spoke steering wheel
Full sized alloy wheel spare?
Skoda Logo projection on ground when opening doors?
Electronic auto hold, maybe.
Matrix Led Headlights?

And what's not there definitely.
Sunroof
Headlight washers
Didn’t consider headlights as the previous ones were also adaptive LED and so are these. They look like matrix LED but they are not, just like the Superb’s. Same goes for steering wheel. Full size alloy spare is doubtful considering Canton. In fact this time I expect there to be a space saver steel wheel. Previous car had a full size steel spare if I’m not wrong. A 17” full size spare wheel just wont fit.

Octavia logo projection is a possibility.
EPB and AUTO HOLD are standard, I mentioned in the list. Look at us like a couple of psychics guessing the feature list

May be they even consider the use of capacitive controls for media and AC also as one of the 20 add ons over the previous one.
Old 4th June 2021, 17:20   #352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Yes, you're right! The 2.0TSI Octavia (non VRS) in a 4x4 drivetrain does 0-100 in 6.8 seconds.

Source- Skoda Czech Republic
As per this article (scroll down to the bottom), it's 7.3 seconds. Add a few milliseconds for the RON91 fuel here and we are looking at ~7.5-7.7 estimated. The outgoing 1.8TSI was ~8 seconds.

AWDs usually launch quicker due to the massive grip available, so no use in comparing to a FWD.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2...t-132094.html#

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th June 2021 at 17:21.
itwasntme is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 17:23   #353
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the UK Skoda site the 2.0 litre TSI is available only in the vRS. I am curious to see how this will translate to the price of the Octavia in India. Would it be closer to the prices of the RS 245 than a regular Octavia?

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 4th June 2021, 17:34   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Looking at the UK Skoda site the 2.0 litre TSI is available only in the vRS. I am curious to see how this will translate to the price of the Octavia in India. Would it be closer to the prices of the RS 245 than a regular Octavia?
No no, there is no link at all. The UK is a market driven by the usurious taxation on cars driven by engine size and emissions. The 2.0 being brought here is also different than the 2.0 in the RS.

The price will be close to the outgoing 1.8.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 18:13   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvanceStarter View Post

Not to mention, the soon to be launched Kushaq's top variants with the 1.5 TSI are also expected to be priced around 15-20 lakhs. Nevertheless, hoping against hope that we get to see the Octavia with 1.5 TSI + manual soon.
I am in the same boat, If I am not wrong Octavias in Europe come with even less sized engine so 1.5TSI with around 150 HP should be more than adequate.

Coming to the price and cannibalization, I dont think the one who is going for car with complete list of features will be interested in bare bone Octavia.

Just cherry on the top, I have been seeing in Carwale website that estimated price of Octavia would be 15L. Though it seems unlikely whats wrong in celebrating till June-10th when the actual prices will come out
Old 4th June 2021, 22:20   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Zac Hollis has himself confirmed that it won’t be getting a sunroof even as an option.

Attachment 2163673
I cannot believe what Mr.Zac is saying, I can find Panorama Sunroof as an option in Switzerland ! Or may be because what i am seeing is an estate model ? Not quite sure.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-panorama.jpg
Old 4th June 2021, 23:57   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
The more I see the pictures the more I am liking it. Last year I was in the borderline of upgrading my 2016 Octavia TDI MT, but then decided against it and went for few mods (including remap), rather than losing more money on new car depreciation.
But those minimalist interiors and overall look and features of the new car is very tempting. I need to stay strong now
Ha ha. Trying not to take the same bait. 2017 Octavia TDI AT SP. While the car is great, new car is tempting. The mileage is fantastic 18-20 kmpl, drives like a dream. And that's what is keeping me sit tight. 2.0l petrol is going to be max 12-13 kmpl. And plonking another 15 lacs after exchange. Hm. Thats what is holding up.

Last edited by Karvel : 5th June 2021 at 00:00.
Karvel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 01:53   #358
BHPian

29L Ex Showroom Mumbai for the L&K is the price that a dealer has confirmed to me. Have been invited to the showroom to have a look at the car tomorrow. Will try click some pictures and get more details to share here.
vvb8530 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 02:02   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvb8530 View Post
29L Ex Showroom Mumbai for the L&K is the price that a dealer has confirmed to me. Have been invited to the showroom to have a look at the car tomorrow. Will try click some pictures and get more details to share here.
That’s equivalent to or slightly more than the OTR price of the previous-gen. Good bye to the Octavia, if true!

Last edited by Aditya : 5th June 2021 at 21:05. Reason: Grammar, punctuation
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 04:55   #360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr_Autobahn View Post
I cannot believe what Mr.Zac is saying, I can find Panorama Sunroof as an option in Switzerland ! Or may be because what i am seeing is an estate model ? Not quite sure.

Attachment 2163965
Yes, available globally only in the estate version now.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks