Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2021, 10:16   #391
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
Maybe a bit off-topic but wanted to look at the pricing from a different angle for those who believe it should be priced real cheap or at par with the older gen model. For reference, I have a Octavia Onyx 1.8 TSi bought in Jan 2020.

. If L&K was 24.6 L ex showroom for the last gen, there is very slim chances of Skoda not charging a 2-3 L premium over that for the new model (not factoring in any discounts that they might give).
Understand your point about the high taxes in India. But, isnt it applicable to all the companies? Any car has the same split up percentage wise.
Old 8th June 2021, 10:55   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudno19 View Post
This worries me, as this may mean that Tiguan 5 seater (that I am waiting for) would be around 31L Ex Showroom if not more . Suddenly Superb L&K with discounts might look like a better deal against Octavia and Tiguan (5 seater).
Suddenly realizing- postponing buying decision (from end of last year) due to Covid is resulting in 3L-4L deeper hole in pocket.
Very similar dilemma for me last year, I ended up biting the bullet and getting the superb. Still think about the 5 seater tiguan or the Octavia though. Grass always seems greener
manku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 11:04   #393
Distinguished - BHPian

All New Octavia:

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-1.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 11:21   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

White Octavia spotted before launch.

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-31df7834615647ad9015dc455d25051c.jpeg

Scoop Pics! 4th-gen Skoda Octavia showcased in India-15ce5e95aaf345d18cbe75a846a4732d.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP2Q_vwK...dium=copy_link
CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 11:39   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Understand your point about the high taxes in India. But, isnt it applicable to all the companies? Any car has the same split up percentage wise.
Totally agree and thats what I mentioned in my post as well. However, purely looking from the companies bottomline point of view, they are not wrong in the prices they are charging. Other companies are able to charge cheaper due to inferior quality of materials (Skoda could probably go down the same route but they choose not to) and by selling more (something which Skoda is hoping for). In any case, I feel we are getting a quality product for what we are paying for. Its been 1.5 years since I own one and its as tight and perfect as it was on day 1.
praveen789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 12:39   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
All New Octavia:

Attachment 2165211

This car is such a beauty. I drove many automatics but never got confidence for a quick overtake on highways on most gearboxes, except this one! Drove my friends 2016 Octavia with DSG TDI. Absolute beauty to drive.

Not complaining, but the beige interior is not for my liking. I hope they bring in a sport/style variant with black interior
rahulvv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 17:07   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Really? How does it matter? Its just one day. It is still better than launching the car in March and announcing the prices in June, no? Lets enjoy the reviews on 9th, absorb all the goodness the Octavia has offer, carefully review the downsides, sleep over it and embrace the pricing next day. Perfect, I think.
Exactly it really does not matter because like companies many of us are also not sure what we want in terms of launches. Everyone is entitled to their own view. Going forward some of us may find sense in such launches spread over 7 days...like on day 1 you show sketches, day 2 you show pictures, day 3 show the factory where it is made, day 4 show the car, day 5 show accessories on offer, day 6 show media drives and then declare prices on 7th day.
That will be really sensible with all the time for absorption, for some...I guess .
Old 8th June 2021, 17:48   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enginesoul View Post
I have already mentioned it multiple times in this thread that Carwale has estimated the price of new Octy to be around 15L. Even now, they are quoting the estimated price to be around 18-21L for 2.0TSI engine if Skoda decides to launch 1.5TSI in near future, won't the 15L estimated price make sense, would it ?
Impossible at 15lakhs. They have to slot another sedan between the current Rapid and this new Octy and if the Octy starts from where the Rapid ends it won't work for the intermediate sedan.
Old 8th June 2021, 18:25   #399
Senior - BHPian

Okay, so what are we expecting tomorrow (9th June)? Is the embargo getting over and will we have the first drive review being published? Excited to see the initial review atleast for the India model.
Old 8th June 2021, 18:44   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Impossible at 15lakhs. They have to slot another sedan between the current Rapid and this new Octy and if the Octy starts from where the Rapid ends it won't work for the intermediate sedan.
By that logic, current RAPID Monte Carlo version(MT) is priced at 12L ex showroom which gives 3-5L of margin to slot one more sedan in between. I am only hoping 1.5 TSI with MT and some basic features like Non-leather seats, smaller touch screen and basic lighting can be priced around 15-16L ex-showroom.
Old 8th June 2021, 19:24   #401
Senior - BHPian

I think only the Russian and Indian models get the 2.0 TSI with 190 ps option on the Octavia A8. Just checked the site, the package that we are gettin branded as L&K is actually a Style Plus in Russia more or less. Attached brochure, in Russian, but you’ll get the gist of it. [ATTACH=octavia-catalog-2021.pdf]2165470[/ATTACH]

Not only that, if you try their configurator, it not only gives you an option of all black interior, but also of sports seats and three spoke steering wheel like in the new Superb Sportline.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf octavia-catalog-2021.pdf (14.49 MB, 436 views)

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 8th June 2021 at 19:30. Reason: Added details
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 19:59   #402
Senior - BHPian

For the value it offers, 19.9L onwards ex-showroom seems like a fair price.
Elantra isn't cheap at 17.8L & a 2L premium is very aggressive pricing IMO.
L&K at 23.99L with the whistles is neat as well.

Most eagerly awaited launch alright!
Equus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 22:39   #403
BHPian

Hope they price it right and bring some life into the D segment.

That green color though! wow!

I am unable to get in terms with the nose. Is it the chrome lining or is it just that it's too weirdly low slung? I am not able to place why but definitely, for me, it's the most undesirable design in an otherwise lovely car. Maybe it will grow on me once I see it in the flesh.
Old 8th June 2021, 23:44   #404
BHPian

A friend heard from someone very reliable that L&K pricing is 24L ex-showroom. Fingers crossed that it’s true.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2021, 00:19   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I think only the Russian and Indian models get the 2.0 TSI with 190 ps option on the Octavia A8.
Very true. Almost everyone here thought that it's only the Indian market that is getting this combo. I checked the website using Google translate and could make out many of the specs. The kerb weight is 1420 kg for the 2.0 TSI with 7 speed DSG. That for 1.8 TSI automatic Octavia was around 1376 kg. It seems that the build quality has not been compromised. The timing for 0-100 kmph is 7.4 s. The average mileage with mixed city and highway use is around 14.3 kmpl.

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th June 2021 at 08:48. Reason: typo
axe_deo is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks