Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 12:24   #1501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambadan View Post
Is 160mm too low for an SUV?
It is typically the laden ground clearance that gets quoted, i.e., when the SUV is fully loaded to capacity in terms of passengers and luggage. The unladed one will probably be closer to 190mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTigor View Post
Wow the pricing has undercut not only rivals but segments! A Harrier base variant starts at 14.5 lakhs, similar XUV700 base variant in diesel starts at 12.5 lakhs, a huge 2 lakh difference. Add to that the bling Mahindra will add even to the base variant it will surely be more tempting then the bare bones base Harrier. Harrier - Safari twins are staring at a substantial reduction in numbers in the coming months.
Harrier and Safari are the mainstays of the TATA SUV onslaught and my bet is that TATA will do anything to protect the volumes. Expect a substantial variant and feature re-jig in the coming weeks. I have always maintained that TATA is clustering the pricing of the Harrier variants too closely towards the top of the overall price bracket to maximize profits. The auto variants XMA/XTA+/XZA/XZA+ for example, are all placed within a 3-4 lakh price bracket despite the massive differences in features. TATA was able to get away with it since it was competing mainly with the over=priced Korean twins. Now with the arrival of the XUV 700 things are different.

At the top end of the range (XZ/XZ+/XZA/XZA+), I think the equivalent XUV variants will end up being priced pretty close to the Harrier/Safari, but at the lower end, the XUV is priced very aggressively. TATA will need to load the XM/XMA trims with a lot more features and cut the price. In order not to infuriate the existing buyers, I think TATA will have to do something like drop the XE and introduce a decently loaded XC trim and price it in the same range as the MX trim of the XUV. Then, up the features of the XM to compete head-on with the AX3 of the XUV. Similarly, XT has to be repositioned and re-priced to take on the AX5 and so on.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 16th August 2021 at 12:35.
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 12:30   #1502
BHPian

Saw this on Twitter.
Bossman seems to be ok (happy?) with the butterfly interpretation for the new logo
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210816122525.jpeg  

UltraViolence is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 12:41   #1503

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 16th August 2021 at 13:24.
Diesel4959 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th August 2021, 12:50   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Killer pricing by Mahindra for sure but I have my own doubts.

Firstly, petrol Mahindra is out of question for me. They are not experts in that and it is not their forte. If I am in market, I will never buy Mahindra Petrol. 200 HP Petrol will return 5-6 FE in city for sure. I think they are targeting Honda CRV customers here.

Coming back to diesel, looks very promising by numbers declared. Base model costing 12.49 Lacs ex showroom also has same engine? Can someone please confirm? Also what all features it has in base model? I am sure it will have very limited set of features. The one with all loaded features will cost more than 17-18 Lacs at least ex showroom. Diesel is the one which will be very interesting.

All the best Mahindra. Eager to see first hand report by T-BHP.
aniketi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 12:58   #1505
BHPian

I am excited to check out the ADAS features of the XUV700. I test drove a Volvo XC 40 and was impressed by the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. If this is anywhere close to that (though unlikely) I will surely upgrade my XUV500.
These are features that are sorely missing in my BMW X1.

Safety is my number 1 criteria when buying a car.

So the disappointment for me is the number of airbags in any variant below AX7. I have 6 airbags in my XUV500. So from that perspective the AX7 is the only possible upgrade for my XUV500.

Also the lack of ESP in lower variants (which again is something even my 6 years old XUV500 has).

ESP and a full suite airbags should really be standard safety fair in all variants in this day and age.
Old 16th August 2021, 13:11   #1506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
I am excited to check out the ADAS features of the XUV700. I test drove a Volvo XC 40 and was impressed by the adaptive cruise control and lane keep assist. If this is anywhere close to that (though unlikely) I will surely upgrade my XUV500.
These are features that are sorely missing in my BMW X1.
I think the ADAS would be as good as the best in the market. They have been developed by Mobileye - an Israeli firm well known in the industry be one of the leaders in ADAS and Autonomous Technology. Some time back they were bought out by Intel.

Mobileye was part of Tesla's initial development of Autopilot and now acts as a competitor in the race for commercialization of self-driving technology.

Here's an interesting article about them

Tesla’s main self-driving rival isn’t Google—it’s Intel’s Mobileye
avishar is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 13:16   #1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Coming back to diesel, looks very promising by numbers declared. Base model costing 12.49 Lacs ex showroom also has same engine? Can someone please confirm? .
I believe the engine on the base variant is detuned version which will output 155PS/360Nm whereas variants AX3 above the same engine will be tuned for 185PS...
As for the feature list across variants you may checkout https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...plained/42991/
Old 16th August 2021, 13:22   #1508
Senior - BHPian

Dashcam is a good feature, and much demanded by customers, at that. Problem is the 'fisheye lens'. These are mounted on the ORVM. How useful are these, remain to be seen. If they give a dashcam socket embedded in the IRVM, I would be happy. Been to the Mahindra Showroom (Palace Orchard), this morning. The receptionist asked me to return in September (second week) when they would have full details, and possibly, the display car. Not sure if she knows much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Dashcam recording feature in XUV700

Last edited by Sebring : 16th August 2021 at 13:23.
Old 16th August 2021, 13:25   #1509
BHPian

Superb job by Mahindra & Mahindra. The entire team must be congratulated for bringing out such product at a mouth watering price tag (atleast for now). However, I wish certain styling elements were a bit subtle though (the grille and the rear tail lamp unit).
Old 16th August 2021, 13:27   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
I was talking about this.
All Plastic Tailgate is hard to digest. Few questions in my mind.
1) How will it Perform in case of a rear collision. (Plastic vs Metal)
2) How will it hold in such hot sunlight and hot weather in North India.
3) How will it perform in the Long run? How well it will hold the tailgate from hinges. Suspect soon it will start making sound, Specially in Mahindra where we all know about its build quality.
Its not a big deal. Its not like the chassis rails are made of plastic. Its not a load bearing structure of the car and we dont even have to cite examples of Nissan or other cars. XUV500 currently uses plastic for front fenders!
extreme_torque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 13:37   #1511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Here are some close up detail shots of the XUV700.

Link
Very nice pictures, sir. Front grille looks much better in this white one.
I checked the Mahindra web site about AdrenoX - not much information available, other than a few photos. Could someone please share any detailed information about the AdrenoX in XUV700 ? It will help us to make an informed decision when we are on the lookout for an SUV in this class.
Old 16th August 2021, 13:59   #1512
BHPian

Is this the quickest way to kill a competition even before its born (Taigun) :-) ?

Nevertheless I hope this product makes other players to add some more basic features to
their base variants.

A nice way to differentiate the base and other variants in Diesel by changing the power ratings.
Old 16th August 2021, 14:17   #1513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Plastic Tailgate - If this is indeed true, I wonder how it will perform in a rear ending. After having a recent experience with a truck rear ending our Brezza, I can very well say that if the tailgate is made of plastic, better to use it as a 5 seater ALWAYS.
The tailgate has less to do during a rear impact except get cosmetically damaged. Since the tailgate is attached to the frame only by the hinge, it gets deformed easily. The frame around tailgate as well as the area behind the rear bumper is what should be strong to be able to retain the structure during impact or absorb some of the forces.

Having a plastic tailgate saves a lot of weight since it is one of the largest panels which contributes least to the structure. The plastic panel can be designed to have lot of reinforcements behind the skin without adding much of weight compared to having a thick metal structure. Hence, there is no disadvantage to this nor does it affect the crashworthiness.

The XUV500 was the first Indian vehicle IIRC to get plastic Fenders. That trend is further carried on in the 700 and extended to more parts. In all, I see a lot of innovation done at M&Ms end right from the infotainment to the structure itself. If they can manage to somehow provide a niggle free product, then this vehicle can be a benchmark of Indian automotive engineering.
audioholic is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 14:27   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Heck, what's life without a gamble. I have taken it. Paid booking amount as of now Rs.51000\- for the top end model (Diesel AX7 AWD AT). It's refundable. Let's see how it pans out.

Till now I had zero niggles with my XUV500 W8 2012 year model( that was top end during that time, then came plethora of W10, W11 ....). So frankly speaking it is not a gamble as such. Finger crossed.

Seems booking started before launch itself, and now today morning there has been numerous bookings.
Will look forward to your initial impressions and short term review on the vehicle. I personally would love to see the Indian brands setting the sales charts on fire. Good luck.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2021, 14:42   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
XUV700 2.0T petrol - 200ps/380nm/1800kg
Thar 2.0T petrol - 150ps/320nm/1750kg
I have been in a big dilemma of diesel vs. petrol. I prefer petrol but I was concerned about the probable low FE figure. But now looking at the torque curve and the comparison with Thar, FE may be similar to Thar or even better. Looks like this car doesn't need to be revved hard to get going.
Guna is online now   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks