Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 11:55   #1606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
https://Youtu.be/GKNnUp957RU?t=635

^ Latest interview of Veejay Nakra on XUV700, CEO of Auto Div of M&M (starts at 10:30 minutes)

Key highlights:
1) Confirms new platform; no carryover from previous gen - hence new flagship name
2) MX variant created to target sub-4m and 4.2-4.3m sub-compact SUV segment
3) No difference in car dimensions for 5 seater or 7 seater
4) Pricing for remaining variants will be revealed gradually
5) Launch before festive season (October first week?)
6) Semi-conductor shortage will cause issues - hence can expect waiting period to be long
7) 3rd row is expected to be spacious and well planned compared to competiton, wherein 3rd row has been afterthought
8) Speaks highly about safety (comparable to higher segments)

Please point out if I missed something. Cheers!
++ The air conditioning system. He also talks about how the air conditioning is made in mind for a 7 seater layout. This should benefit the 5 seater too, and having experienced the cooling efficiency of the current XUV, am sure this will be even better.
07CR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 12:26   #1607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
I too noticed that, but assumed that they used the same airbag module in both versions. It is in my opinion great, as you can buy the 5 seater version initially and add the third row of seats later if the need arises. Which points to the fact that other features and holes to screw in the seats must be common across all variants.

Its not that simple:

1. this mod will be illegal, seating capacity of the car is changed. No seat belts also..

2. XUV5oo had the 3rd row as a separate AC compressor and not the second row onwards, so a 5 seater will miss out on that. Plus no AC for the 3rd row

3. the middle bench if it slides now will also needed to be changed

4. other creature comforts, in the side pannel - bottle holder, charger, lights, etc.
AGwagon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 12:29   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGwagon View Post
Its not that simple:

1. this mod will be illegal, seating capacity of the car is changed. No seat belts also..
Absolutely true, it is illegal. No doubt about that, will void insurance claims God forbid someone gets involved in an accident too. You are right, no point in me thinking in that direction.
Old 17th August 2021, 12:31   #1609
BHPian

Autocar India's interview with Rajesh Jejurikar - Executive Director, Auto and Farm Sectors, M&M.

In this interview, it's confirmed that the XUV700 is replacing the XUV500. Also, he adds that, since the XUV 500 is a strong brand, the brand name will be carried forward to another product in the future (maybe a mid sized suv).

If that's the case, what's going to happen to the resale values for the XUV500?
josethundiyil99 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 12:31   #1610
BHPian

Just was going through the below thread discussed in this forum. Whether it would be applicable to XUV700 space saver also???

Link (Customer takes carmaker to court over small-sized spare wheel)

Last edited by Vasuki : 17th August 2021 at 12:45.
Old 17th August 2021, 12:32   #1611
BHPian

Hi,
Any guess whether automatic options will be available in all variants including MX ? Is the automatic going to Torque converter(TC) based?
Old 17th August 2021, 12:59   #1612
Senior - BHPian

Spec sheet makes the Tata Harrier and Safari look positively obsolete in all departments, even the Koreans beware. All that remains is the test drives and ownership experience, if it is half as best as the Koreans then Mahindra has a runaway hit in it's hands..
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 13:15   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
This is my biggest disappointment with this car. The one saving grace of moving away from more premium cars and buying a rough road ready; abuse friendly; AWD equipped car is somewhat of its “go anywhere” (within reason, I’m aware this is not 4x4 Low equipped) ability.

Putting a puny space saver in this vehicle is really a dampener on one’s confidence of taking it anywhere. I don’t really care if its alloy or steel wheel but would have really liked it to have a full size spare. I really hope they can correct this asap.
My recommendation: Always carry a good quality portable tyre inflator and a puncture repair kit, whether you have a full sized spare wheel or the thin one. Tubeless tyres usually deflate slowly with regular or small punctures and a portable inflator saved me pains of replacing tyre several times on highways.

For SUVs, I suggest inflators with 40+ LPM capacity, so that SUV tyre can be inflated from 0-30PSI within 3-4 mins and doesnt take forever. Try to avoid using cigarette lighter for the inflator, as the current drawn by inflator gradually increases with pressure and could blow the not-so-easily accessible fuse under the dashboard. Ideally, one should extend the cable to about 15 feet, add 15 or 20A inline fuse and put crocodile clips to attach directly to the car battery.

During the last ~10 years of my XUV500 ownership, I had to use the spare wheel only once inspite of carrying the inflator in vehicle always. There may be others who may have faced replacement scenarios more often with tubeless tyres.

On Mumbai-Bangalore highway, I found the RR tyre deflated and threads of the stem damaged at a dhaba where I had stopped for food late in the night. Due to damaged threads, the nozzle of the portable tyre inflator I was carrying could not fit properly. The marks on the stem looked fresh when I inspected the tyre. A young guy approached me to provide help from a tyre repair shop nearby. However, the whole thing looked suspicious to me, so I just put on the spare wheel, continued my drive to Navi Mumbai and repaired the tyre the next day at a reputed shop in the city.

BTW, after the dhaba incident, I replaced the inflator's nozzle with another type, which can fit properly even if the stem's threads are bad or slippery.

Most insurance companies also provide Road Side Assistance (RSA) with the comprehensive plans and covers tyre replacement with spare wheel if you get a flat tyre. Not sure if using this RSA feature would nullify the No Claim Bonus or discounts.
Pulse500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 13:30   #1614
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
Almost nine years of XUV500 usage, what the heck even taken it to the inhospitable Ziro valley, till now I had not used the spare tyre due to puncture. Touch Wood.

Yes, I have been plain lucky, but I believe too much hue and cry is made about the puny space saver. I believe if we can cruise at about 80Kph to the next puncture repair shop, it is more than enough. Most of the luxury segment vehicles follow the same policy. Yes, definitely we would have loved a proper size spare tyre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse500 View Post
My recommendation: Always carry a good quality portable tyre inflator and a puncture repair kit, whether you have a full sized spare wheel or the thin one. Tubeless tyres usually deflate slowly with regular or small punctures and a portable inflator saved me pains of replacing tyre several times on highways.
Most insurance companies also provide Road Side Assistance (RSA) with the comprehensive plans and covers tyre replacement with spare wheel if you get a flat tyre. Not sure if using this RSA feature would nullify the No Claim Bonus or discounts.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5127232 (Customer takes carmaker to court over small-sized spare wheel)

Just cross linking my post from this thread which is likely the more relevant place for this discussion. Don’t want to derail XUV discussion but to your point, I do in fact carry a Michelin tyre inflator at all times and have used it as well on numerous occasions.

RSA of course is an option but its not the perfect answer. Sometimes you want the flexibility to just deal with it and carry on. Also, the whole idea is peace of mind. There is always a sliding scale of luck of people who may never have faced a puncture to those who were outright stranded. All said and done, at least on one occasion I have had to take a taxi onward on an intercity trip (mentioned at the link above).
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 14:11   #1615
BHPian

Mahindra XUV7OO's Autonomous Emergency Brake in action

Moto_Bear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 14:22   #1616
Senior - BHPian

M&M need to clearly define waiting periods for prospective customers in order to ensure they do not mess this up like say Jawa!

This is a great product with even better pricing, but realistic expectations must be set beforehand or all of it could backfire. I am sure 99% of prospective XUV700 customers already own a vehicle for daily use. So there is no issue in giving them an approximate waiting period whether that is 6 months, 10 months, 1 year whatever, it means that they can simply postpone their deadlines.
Old 17th August 2021, 14:26   #1617
BHPian

I have had the worst experience of waiting for xuv300 and the point where they mentioned about semiconductor shortages will make the waiting periods really go higher. Mahindra doesn't give price protection and in my experience in my waiting period they revised prices twice. That's the only disadvantage I can think of currently. And Mahindra in their first year always have some niggles or the other. Apart from this kudos to them for atleast starting with the best pricing where other brands unnecessarily inflating prices for some useless add-ons.

Last edited by motorlover : 17th August 2021 at 14:27. Reason: Additional note
motorlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 14:55   #1618
BHPian

It seems Mahindra is using technology and chip for latest ADAS (Autonomous Driving) from Mobileye, one of the pioneers in camera vision technology which also provided technology to Tesla for their so called FSD.Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-20210817_145008.jpg
It also seems to be first one with advanced features in driver assistance. Will come to know more once vehicles are out in reviewer's hands.
OffRoadFun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 15:25   #1619
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josethundiyil99 View Post
In this interview, it's confirmed that the XUV700 is replacing the XUV500. Also, he adds that, since the XUV 500 is a strong brand, the brand name will be carried forward to another product in the future (maybe a mid sized suv).

If that's the case, what's going to happen to the resale values for the XUV500?
It is their old playbook.

Price it attractively, gather a huge initial lot of booking. Then stop booking, deliver all those vehicles at the initial launch price. Next booking lot will see increased prices, which is perhaps the profitable price for making that vehicle.

Now they have created huge demand, some of it will have to be met by used car market and ideally 5OOs prices should go up. The model is discontinued - not XUV, so it will be treated as an older model, not a discontinued brand.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 15:47   #1620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
It is their old playbook.

Price it attractively, gather a huge initial lot of booking. Then stop booking, deliver all those vehicles at the initial launch price. Next booking lot will see increased prices, which is perhaps the profitable price for making that vehicle.

Now they have created huge demand, some of it will have to be met by used car market and ideally 5OOs prices should go up. The model is discontinued - not XUV, so it will be treated as an older model, not a discontinued brand.
I think it will be reversed, with low MX prices the higher varients of 5OO will face more wrath in the used car market while lower will face less burnt. My cousin's XUV 5OO prices went down by 1 L, it's W6, he was quoted 8L by dealers now it's around 7L. He said that dealers saying prices fall further if 5OO production is completely stopped. He has decided to keep the car for now. Prices always tank when a new model is introduced with few exceptions. One such exception was Ertiga IDesel Varients.
The best way to gauge the effect on prices is to note the increase or decrease of model listing on OLX. If model listings increase, prices are expected to fall furthur.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks