Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What price do you expect?
15 to 21 lacs 191 20.34%
16 to 22 lacs 168 17.89%
17 to 23 lacs 177 18.85%
18 to 24 lacs 184 19.60%
19 to 25 lacs 219 23.32%
Voters: 939. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 01:06   #1576
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta View Post
Pardon my ignorance. If the spare wheel is a "space saver" one, how does a punctured tyre (non space saver) fit into the spare tyre well? It is just a cost cutting method as they don't save any space, in reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
Indian infrastructure is not ready for space saver tires yet. Also, I feel space savers are an inconvenience everywhere - even in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
'Ground Clearance Saver' may be
Found this News on Team-BHP : Customer Takes Carmaker to court over small-sized spare wheel.

Quote:
Consumer forum has ruled in favour of the customer asking both, the automaker and its dealer to pay up Rs. 20,000 in compensation with an additional Rs. 5,000 as litigation expenses.
As per the report, the consumer forum stated that the smaller-sized spare wheel would reduce vehicle control, rendering them almost useless if there is no workshop nearby.
The forum also ruled that under the Motor Vehicle Act, the price of the spare wheel should be included in the overall vehicle cost and it is mandatory for carmakers to provide the same.
Let's see what Mahindra has for us. Will they provide this tiny wheel in all models up to AX7 or just for the entry-level models only. All wheels shall be of the same size.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 17th August 2021 at 01:10. Reason: Added more lines.
rpmmachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 01:10   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
This is strange. To your questions, this is what I feel:
1) Plastics tend to crack and the metal deforms. I think metal performs better from the safety view point. Also, plastics can't be repaired and the entire part needs to be replaced even if there is small crack.
2) Plastics would definitely loose colour on continuous exposure to sun.
3) Plastic would be only for the cosmetic part and there should be a metal frame inside which actually takes the weight of the glass and important parts like hinge, locking mechanism etc. I think the overall set up will be still less 'abuse friendly' compared to metal.
Please do check the front fenders of XUV500 of old 2011/2012 models. You will be pleasantly surprised.

At the same time, quality of certain plastics inside the cabin of the same XUV is disappointing. Many interior plastic parts (gear lever knob, seats, locking mechanism of glove box etc) in my XUV500/2011 have turned brittle.
Pulse500 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 02:57   #1578
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This is strange. To your questions, this is what I feel:
1) Plastics tend to crack and the metal deforms. I think metal performs better from the safety view point.
2) Plastics would definitely loose colour on continuous exposure to sun.
3) Plastic would be only for the cosmetic part and there should be a metal frame inside which actually takes the weight of the glass and important parts like hinge, locking mechanism etc.

I also feel that it would be a challenge to match the colour/finish between painted sheet metal and moulded plastic part. They can paint the plastic part too but it is bound to wear and tear and soon you will start seeing the actual plastic beneath
I find these observations pretty weird when every car in the market has been getting plastic bumpers from more than two decades in India and we still are worried about losing colour, losing shape, colour matching, wear and tear etc.

Since I am seeing a lot of posts with this anti plastic sentiment,
1. How many car bumpers have deformed shape or lost colour over time?
2. How many XUV500 fenders have suffered the same problems?

Let's get over the idea of having a thick and heavy sheet metal panel all over the vehicle. What is important is the most monocoque structure of the car and as long as it's not compromised like how other manufacturers do, I don't think one has to worry about crash worthiness nor these plastic related issues. Especially for a 2 tonne SUV, its a good idea to shave off some excess weight. Today's injection moulding and plastic materials have come a long way and give a lot more flexibility to design panels that can both look complex and still be strong enough.

Given the sharp lines of the XUV hatch door, its quite tricky to punch that out of sheet metal. If that's the case then the metal should be thin enough to be formed into such a shape. Instead, the same part can be moulded in plastic and made to be able to absorb impact better(while cosmetic damage might be higher). Some more info on the background of this development https://www.plasticstoday.com/indian...plastic-fender
audioholic is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 04:00   #1579
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
I was surfing through their website and found something strange, the spare wheel is too punny for a car of its size.
This is my biggest disappointment with this car. The one saving grace of moving away from more premium cars and buying a rough road ready; abuse friendly; AWD equipped car is somewhat of its “go anywhere” (within reason, I’m aware this is not 4x4 Low equipped) ability.

Putting a puny space saver in this vehicle is really a dampener on one’s confidence of taking it anywhere. I don’t really care if its alloy or steel wheel but would have really liked it to have a full size spare. I really hope they can correct this asap.
Axe77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 06:15   #1580
BHPian

As per carandbike editor, T suffix stands for cars with Optional technology add-ons.

Awaiting his response on what L stands for? As noticed on other top end XUV700.

In some earlier post someone had mentioned L and T could be linked to no. of seats, but that isn't the case.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210817061301_twitter.jpg  

manpreetsj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 07:16   #1581
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
As per carandbike editor, T suffix stands for cars with Optional technology add-ons.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Awaiting his response on what L stands for? As noticed on other top end XUV700.
He says that right there on the tweet - L stands for Luxury Pack and T stands for Technology Pack.

Looks like AX7T and AX7L will be the top-ends but with slightly different feature sets. 360 Camera on the AX7T and 12-Speaker Sound on the AX7L? It will be a bummer if we can't option all the features to have to true top-end.
REN is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 08:08   #1582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

He says that right there on the tweet - L stands for Luxury Pack and T stands for Technology Pack.

Looks like AX7T and AX7L will be the top-ends but with slightly different feature sets. 360 Camera on the AX7T and 12-Speaker Sound on the AX7L? It will be a bummer if we can't option all the features to have to true top-end.
Damn missed luxury bit in early morning half awake state

After getting disappointed by Kushaq (for which I waited since January), this car has brought a new ray of hope in my next car upgrade plans. Super excited to know more about it.

Basis tentative pricing, optional price difference is ~50k. I doubt they can give so much optional in that price. Hence, may divide it between L and T. Hope there will be an option to click on "Select All".
manpreetsj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 09:38   #1583
BHPian

Video of Xuv700 doing 150+ at Mahindra’s new test track
IntoTheStorm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:01   #1584
BHPian

XUV7OO alongside the XUV5OO.

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210817095619.jpg

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210817095635.jpg

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210817095655.jpg

Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs-screenshot_20210817095709.jpg

Must say the outgoing car looks more butch and muscular.

Source: Gaadiwaadi
CapKoura is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:09   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoTheStorm View Post
Video of Xuv700 doing 150+ at Mahindra’s new test track
Thanks for sharing. The NVH at those speeds seems impressive.
Coyote is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:09   #1586
BHPian

I'm curious to see what a 5 seater version would look like. also wondering if the last two seats could be retro fitted.
Old 17th August 2021, 10:19   #1587
Senior - BHPian

With this kind of pricing, Mahindra has done what nobody really expected, including the car enthusiasts in Team-BHP! The overpriced competitors deserve to sweat and cry.

The specs are top notch, comfort and safety feature list is endless and the vehicle looks decent. As long as the NVH, ride and handling is sorted, they have a winner in their hands. Also, I hope they have managed to make a niggle free product.

BUT, I am amused by our forum members making a big deal out of the plastic tail gate. Come out of the Padmini and Ambassador era guys, plastic panels have no effect on the crash worthiness of a vehicle as others have already pointed out. If Mahindra has gone all out to make a safe car with all safety features including ADAS, do you think they will mess around by compromising with a single panel? Heck, even the Thar has a 4 star rating, so their flagship product wont be any worse.

By the way, I don't know if it has been shared, but the XUV7OO also gets the blind spot cameras in the instrument console when you switch on the turn indicators (similar to Hyundai and KIA flagships) -

Last edited by raj_5004 : 17th August 2021 at 10:21.
raj_5004 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:21   #1588
BHPian

On the speculative pricing matrix for XUV 700

My $0.02:

- Mahindra will disrupt the INR 10-20 lacs segment

- More features, lower price does not equate to higher quality or reliability

- Mahindra is trying to do an MG encore with a value-proposition product (akin to Hector launch); I really want Mahindra to succeed and turn things around with XUV 700 and sincerely hope the first lot buyers are not beta testers

- Long-term reliability of all the electronics/gizmos on XUV 700 remains to be seen;

- Comparing to segment leader on reliability -- Toyota -- one reason Toyota cars are reliable (IMO) is because they don't put much on the vehicles; the cars are scantily equipped kit-wise and whatever kit they do use is bullet-proof reliable;

- Today, Maruti announced a 40-50% production capacity cut due to chip shortage; it would be very interesting to observe how Mahindra keeps up with the expected flood of bookings (when they open) and not make XUV 700 ownership a year-long wait game

- I personally don't own a Mahindra vehicle so cannot comment on their booking/allotment process but hopefully, it is superior to Toyota's (Toyota dealers are the worst kind I have experienced in the Pre-Sales/Sales part of car ownership experience)

Last edited by t2k4 : 17th August 2021 at 10:30.
t2k4 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th August 2021, 10:29   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Here is the GC:

“Mahindra as a company really see opportunity in front of us. That’s what the sky between the twin peaks represents” — Pratap Bose, chief design officer
Wow, 160 is low for a SUV. Creta, Hector is 190, fortuner and endeavour at 225 !!
Old 17th August 2021, 10:30   #1590
Senior - BHPian

It's priced at a level that it will cannibalize XUV 300 sales. Wondering why it's so aggressively priced?? It has the most powerful engines and most features in this segment. If only Mahindra can deliver a niggle free experience XUV 700 will do what Jio did in the telecom sector. Pricing is nothing short of disruptive. One more question, how long will Mahindra be able to hold this price??

Last edited by Durango Dude : 17th August 2021 at 10:33.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks