Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2007, 12:40   #211
BHPian

Still no safety features like ABS and airbags available. The logan in the same price in Mumbai gives 1 Airbag and ABS.

Whats the problem with Ford, can't we have 1 single car with all options.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:05   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The logan in the same price in Mumbai gives 1 Airbag and ABS.
No ABS for the logan.

When the logan was launched we at team-bhp had been very critical of the logans pricing by mahindra,but they did well by introducing the cheaper intermediate variant and mahindra renault deserve credit for that.Now the logan looks a much better package.

Now its the turn of ford india to face the music,but one of their main considerations would have been that they had to ensure the fiesta was not hit by the fusion diesel.
Old 20th July 2007, 13:31   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
No ABS for the logan.

Now its the turn of ford india to face the music,but one of their main considerations would have been that they had to ensure the fiesta was not hit by the fusion diesel.
Well they should have discontinued the Fiesta 1.4 and introduced the Fiesta 1.6 Diesel, that way they would have more apple to apple comparison with the Verna. They should have kept the price down may be below 6 Lakhs for Fusion diesel and tried to get some Swift bookings diverted their way.
Old 20th July 2007, 14:59   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post

Assuring you of our best services and continuous support at all times.

Thanks and Regards

Customer Relations,
Ford India Limited.
Couldn't stop laughing! They have this sentence added to all their replies.
Old 20th July 2007, 15:02   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Well they should have discontinued the Fiesta 1.4 and introduced the Fiesta 1.6 Diesel,
Price for that car will be the moon and the stars! or may be equal to civic and octavia!
Old 20th July 2007, 15:39   #216
Senior - BHPian

May Ford India A.S.S rot in hell.
I will never ever recommend a Ford product ever.
Old 20th July 2007, 16:07   #217
BHPian

Ford Fusion is a nice car and now with diesel engine it can give a fight to many models but Ford have to reconsider the price becoz at 6.6 lakh no one is going to buy that car....u have swift diesel as a option which has a good refined diesel engine
Old 20th July 2007, 16:09   #218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
May Ford India A.S.S rot in hell.
I will never ever recommend a Ford product ever.

You have an ikon don't you.
Old 29th July 2007, 00:26   #219

Folks, I have a ford fusion+ as my second car and I am owning it from 2005. I have a good experience with the car so far. It is cheese smooth, exorbitant gear box, super smooth engine and acceleration with raucous sporty note at higher RPMs makes it a pleasure. However, the interiors , though were designed fairly, is very dull and insipid. The door rattles, suspension stiffness etc are the problems....Well, the confusion car for many is a great fusion for me for its practicality, the only thing i hate about it , is the price.

Now, coming to the point, I had a testdrive of fusion diesel and I should say that , the test drive left me disappointed. The overall quality of fusion has gone down. The interiors look like made up of a APE auto dash plastics, the dashboard instrument cluster is confusion in design, god, call it awkward, it failed to please whichever way i looked at it irrespective of the fact that i like FORD, and having been owning one of those variety for more than 8 years.

The company has to wake up to reality. I dont think they would succeed if they keep pushing fusion, with only one trump card, the engine. The engine,for one, is underpowered to carry the extra weight of fusion and is not at all encouraging.

Add to it , no music player, rubbery, designed in street pattern plastics, filthy steering wheel, gear knob, lousy back seet design with hinges and frames exposed, rickety door handles, the filth goes on, I better stop here.

Not sure what is in the ford's management's head. Better if they realise that indian market is in par with international market now and we indians are not the underdogs anymore to accept the second quality of anything.

They need to wake up . For its price, the car requires a posh interior, a pleasant design, good quality , long lasting spares, change of tyre treads to AT , would be an added advantage. No ABS, airbags, nothing. no power mirrors. Its a fools package... all in all.. and I did return disappointed after seeign the fusion in its latest avatar. Instead of improving, it has degraded..

Guys, there is nothing going for it in fusion diesel for its price and I sincerely advise you guys to stay away from it , for its price. This car is just worth not more than 6 lakhs on road.. even that is higher I guess..
I am sure... bye for now
Old 29th July 2007, 22:15   #220
Senior - BHPian

They way Ford is behaving in India it is a matter of time befor they get marginalised. I would not be surprised that they have to reconsider their decision to be present in the Indian market by selling out/ shutting down plants the way they are having to do in Europe and North America.

GM is doing better with sensible products like the Uva, Endeavour with the new heart and the Spark. With the Aveo also starting to attract buyers all they need to do is to introduce the Aveo with a decent Diesel engine & gearbox and PRICE IT AGGRESSIVELY ( LIKE THE OPTRA MAGNUM) and they will have a lot of worried competitors and happy customers.
Old 30th July 2007, 09:53   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
GM is doing better with sensible products like the Uva, Endeavour with the new heart and the Spark.
Now that shows how much you know the GM portfolio in India, because the Endeavour is a Ford product and not Chevy's.
Old 31st July 2007, 11:34   #222

The ford guy gave a call asking me to TD the fusion D.I asked about his reviews, he was all praise for it and said u can test drive and feel the difference,i can arrange both fusion P and fusion D TD for u and you can feel the difference,but i couldn't make it(working during the weeknd:( ).So senior guys we need a complete review from any one of you.
Old 31st July 2007, 14:58   #223
BHPian

yesterday on NDTV Profit Car & Bike show they TDed the Ford Fusion diesel -- its weight is more than that of the fiesta diesel by @ 40 kgs -- not sure why and thats why even the reporter mentioned that the FE for the fusion might not be as good as the Fiesta -- also the quality of plastics used is el-cheapo; no ABS, no Airbags -- no new features to make it stand apart from the fusion petrol model -- and a high price -- so it doesnt sound like a winner to me
Old 1st August 2007, 14:04   #224
Senior - BHPian

IMHO Fusion could have been a Great car but the pricing followed by horrid *** is surely to doom the product. maybe FORD India guys are not as well paid as their western counterparts and this is their way of getting back at Ford?
Old 10th October 2007, 19:44   #225
NIP
Senior - BHPian

in spite of this fusion-wailing-wall/sob-story thread, i booked a fusion diesel today it might not be a 115 bhp scorpio or like some other bigger suv's that are out there, but with a mileage of 16-17 with ac in the city and 22 on the highway, its a-maz-ing. yes, its not as peppy its the petrol sibling, but i'm not planning to go racing in it anyways. suits my needs perfectly and everyone in my family went fida over it when we saw and had a drive in it. and someone was talking about cheap interiors...u've gotta be kidding ! its got brilliant quality interiors...especially compared the the SX4 (uber cheapo !!! yuck!) and verna interiors i test drove today. i'm gonna use this one for daily commutes and relaxed weekend getaways...i have a scorpio to go mud-plugging with the guys anyway ! heheh

btw...7.72 lakhs on road in headbangalore and 2 months waiting period, no discounts, no acessories. boom ! i hope i can wait this one out !

Last edited by NIP : 10th October 2007 at 19:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks