Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 13:50   #391
BHPian

Re: Honda City Hybrid | Unveiled on 14th April 2022

We need to understand that the mileage shown of the car in the MID is of a showroom test drive car! Test drives cars are generally abused and driven hard. The car shows 19.1 km/l which is excellent I feel, the normal VTEC city showroom car will not have more than 10km/L on MID.

While people comparing that with Petrol city getting mileage upwards of 16-17 km/l on the highway is wrong. Every petrol gives good mileage when driven softly on the highway. My Brezza 1.5 gives upwards of 18km/L on highway when driven sanely. But all these fare poorly in the city and give mileage below 10km/L. This is where city hybrid will shine. If it gives a mileage of about 19km/L in city then I think it would be great and would the fuel costs to almost half
midazolam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 14:29   #392
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Circa 2008: In the absence of any Govt incentive, Honda launched the civic hybrid (proper plug-in) at a far higher premium compared to regular model; starting around 21L only to find few takers and burning their fingers by slashing the price by 7-8L within a year and liquidating the stock at 1-2L higher premium compared to regular model.

So IMHO, Honda won't repeat the same mistake going by these speculative 22-25L prices.

Fingers crossed!
ToThePoint is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 21:13   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
The Honda City Hybrid adopts regenerative braking technology. However, a quick google search yields lot of articles on motion sickness being connected to this regenerative braking technology. So, can someone who has driven such a car for a significant longer time comment on this aspect?.
There are no issues at all with regenerative braking. I have driven a Toyota Prius hybrid with similar braking for 9 years and now I have a MG ZS EV with regenerative braking. It doesn’t lead to any motion sickness. In any case, the Honda comes with adjustable regeneration levels and thus you can decrease it to near zero if it were to bother you.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 23:51   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Strange. From what Landmark Honda told me is that online is 5000/- booking and walk in to showroom is 21000/- booking both fully refundable without question and payment within few days of cancellation. I dont know why they asked you to cough up the extra 16000/-.
Not sure... Maybe the showroom wanted to lock me in , or maybe they just don't know. If it's the former, that's really slimy. I booked in Madurai, and I know that online bookings are rare here, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Old 2nd May 2022, 08:26   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
While people comparing that with Petrol city getting mileage upwards of 16-17 km/l on the highway is wrong. Every petrol gives good mileage when driven softly on the highway. My Brezza 1.5 gives upwards of 18km/L on highway when driven sanely. But all these fare poorly in the city and give mileage below 10km/L. This is where city hybrid will shine. If it gives a mileage of about 19km/L in city then I think it would be great and would the fuel costs to almost half
Look at differently, you pay about 22 lac OTR for a car you hope will give a mileage of atleast 20kmpl in city and 25 kmpl on highway. In the process you compromise quite a bit on boot space (less than the Glanza/Baleno). If you do the cost calculation, these two hatchbacks or the CSUVs will be much more cost-effective than the City for 4 adults, with similar or better tech and safety equipment. The main point is, that Honda City is a value proposition because it costs as much as compact SUV, offers slightly better seating, similar performance AND much more boot space, for the same price (12-16 lac). Anything more than that, with compromises on boot space, and it loses on the VFM front. Even if the cost-per km reduces by half in the HEV model, it is not enough to justify a potential 5-6 lac Rs price differential.
Old 2nd May 2022, 10:40   #396
Senior - BHPian

Isn’t the drive review supposed to be out today?
Old 2nd May 2022, 10:56   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Isn’t the drive review supposed to be out today?
Yes. I think its going to go live at 11 AM.

Mod Note: Our Honda City Hybrid Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd May 2022 at 11:15. Reason: Link to review added
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks