Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 20:29   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti sleeping at the wheel | Where are the new car launches? | Why is Maruti missing new trend

Maruti Suzuki the giant, finally wakes up.

With all plans for the product offensive for 2022/23, the duo, Toyota and Suzuki gears up for the launching the first BEV by 2025.

Will be a Global product with manufacturing facility at Gujarat.

Link (Maruti-Suzuki to launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2025)

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th February 2022 at 20:36.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 13:07   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti sleeping at the wheel | Where are the new car launches? | Why is Maruti missing new trend

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki the giant, finally wakes up.

More details revealed on its EV plans along with Toyota: aim to leapfrog rivals with global EV skateboard, latest battery tech. Global debut in Europe around October 2024, before the India launch, followed by Japan in the first half of 2025.

Maruti sleeping at the wheel | Where are the new car launches? | Why is Maruti missing new trends?-00a3.jpg

Link (Maruti-Suzuki to launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2025)

Last edited by volkman10 : 14th February 2022 at 13:13.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 13:17   #183
BHPian

Quote:
More details revealed on its EV plans along with Toyota: aim to leapfrog rivals with global EV skateboard, latest battery tech. Global debut in Europe around October 2024, before the India launch, followed by Japan in the first half of 2025.
So India is being considered over Japan? Interesting! Also, glad that they are still considering electric sedans when most EVs in India(including upcoming ones) are just SUVs and crossovers!
Old 14th February 2022, 16:10   #184
BHPian

Quote:
That's great and it will be a game changer for the Indian EV market. I am planning to get my first EV by 2027 and looks like a lot of options will be available by then.

Also, my guess is that Maruti could spin off a separate dealership brand just for their EV offerings. They can sell it under NEXA as well but many of the NEXA showrooms I have seen are developed in a small real estate. Let's see. Exciting times for sure.
Old 19th March 2022, 20:18   #185
BHPian

With all the general Maruti bashing, I still think Maruti has the hybrid trick up its sleeve.
More so now, with Toyota backing them with a tried and tested hybrid technology.

I hope, they just don't continue to to roll out mild hybrid versions of their existing line-up.
Really looking forward to that day when we will have a Wagon-R hybird giving up 30+KPML.

Hybrids are long overdue here and the Indian markets deserve a better treatment.

Cheers!!
Samegoodkid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 01:38   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Where are the new Marutis? Their line-up sure is looking awfully dated + uninspiring. Other than a new-gen Celerio (which will really be more of the same thing...yawn), I don't see anything fresh in the near future. The company had better watch out as its long-term position could weaken. Sure, Maruti has been enjoying good sales (September aside), but those are the fruits of the previous years of labour. I'm talking more about the coming 5 - 8 years and the company looks dangerously unprepared.
Quote:
Wake up, Maruti! In terms of long-term strategy, Maruti is as weak today as it was in the late 90s when it experienced its last major challenges. Blindly banking on Toyota for future tech isn't really a solution. To me, it seems like Toyota buying into Suzuki has made Maruti even more complacent!
In light of the new launches at Maruti with the Grand Vitara, the new Brezza, and the upcoming SUV's, I thought it was interesting to revisit this thread.

I noticed that so much has changed at Maruti since this post. Maruti seems to have been working hard, while we were wondering if they were sleeping. Also their hybrid tech seems to be working, if the sales of the new Grand Vitara are any indication. The tie up with Toyota seems to have benefited both. Their cars seem to be priced higher as compared to the previous price points, so improved margins, better features, (sunroof, cruise control, better mileage) while retaining the reliable tag and easy availability of parts across the country.

Seems like we at Team-BHP were too quick to point out MSIL's flaws, while they've been quietly working at fixing the gaps in their lineup. I so wish they launched a diesel engine too, but I guess their hybrids and eventually EV's will help fill that gap.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thank you.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th August 2022 at 07:49. Reason: See Mod Note in post.
Lalvaz is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks