Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2005, 00:31   #61
Senior - BHPian

Havind owning a Civic in America, I hope the new one doesnt have an over servoed power steering. Thats the only thing I didnt like in my Civic, that the steering was very light. Other than that, I think its about time, Indians get cars like this and are not limited to Ikons on the lower end and Accord at the higher end. With Ford coming up with Focus, it will be interesting to see how things shape up in this unexplored segment.
Old 26th July 2005, 16:28   #62
BHPian

well, here they are guys...the spy shots of the US versions of the 06 Civic: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.p...&postcount=148

The coupe looks great..but i dunno about the sedan, im not liking it that much, but maybe it might look better in person.
Old 26th July 2005, 17:26   #63
BHPian

The 2006 Civic pics somewhat are not that appealing...but the Civic thats heading to India might raise a bit of competetion in the class. The Corolla and the rest in that pack may have to start thinking out of the box.
The Civic is going to be like the Swift...taking the competetion to another level.
Old 26th July 2005, 22:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

Now I see two different versions of 2006 civic. Which is the correct one????
Old 11th August 2005, 10:18   #65
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20

See this for Civic 2006 pics. looks like a merge of Accord + Honda city.
Old 11th August 2005, 10:42   #66
Senior - BHPian

going by the interview published in this months autocar, with the honda head, the Civic does not seem to be on the priority list of honda .. might take a long time to land up here ..
Old 11th August 2005, 17:02   #67
BHPian

Its a great news.. but I thot Indian City is the American Civic..

In any case I am not sure how Civic is in the same league as Corolla;Elantras (D segment)..

To me it looked much worse than the current City here.. cramped for space, less width and not so great car.. owners are new Desi's and lower income group.. bcz American students settle with Accords and Camrys..

--
Old 11th August 2005, 17:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cramped for space, less width and not so great car.. owners are new Desi's and lower income group.. bcz American students settle with Accords and Camrys..
dude..american students first preference is a civic ! its a fill it shut it forget it car..
15bucks/week worth of gas is all you need for daily run arounds ...
also the civic and the OHC have the same dimensions ..a mm give or take ..
Old 15th September 2005, 11:56   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...c+Coupe&bhcp=1
Thats the new civic coupe... looks like a blend of the euro accord (acura) and the NHC.... i prefer it to the current civic design

The 2006 accord too gets minor changes... The good news - the 4 cycl engine now pumps out 166bhp! and the v6 is at 244bhp...LED rear headlamps...minor interior changes make it smarter looking. The bad news- The rear end is hideous!! Looks a little mondeo-ish now.... some of the pics make the lamps look better but I have seen this car on the road and the rear end is a big disappointment.Lets hope it launches here with a few lighting changes in the rear for the orange turning light and reverse light may make it better.Check it out...
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...e=Accord+Sedan
Old 22nd September 2005, 11:30   #70
BHPian

Check this article...

BS Motoring Link

Old 22nd September 2005, 12:17   #71
BHPian

wowie! well, waitin for the Civic! i hope they launch the latest version in india! i heard they will be launching the version that is currently prevailing outside india, but Outside india they are launching a new version in some time!

Honda Honda Honda! Go! Go! Go!
Old 22nd September 2005, 14:37   #72
BHPian

[quote=Sahil]
The bad news- The rear end is hideous!! some of the pics make the lamps look better but I have seen this car on the road and the rear end is a big disappointment.[quote]

Well sahil you ve really shattered my dreams cos i ve been waiting for this new babe to arrive in our showrooms but by the way i would like to ask you how sure you are about it cos in the pics it looks quite beautiful(except for the rear bumper) .
I know its altogether a different feeling when you see the car in persn but i ve my doubts and could you please put some light on the revised suspension cos i ve read that they 've worked a little on the above ....
Old 22nd September 2005, 19:18   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

[quote=Beemer][.
Quote:

Well sahil you ve really shattered my dreams cos i ve been waiting for this new babe to arrive in our showrooms but by the way i would like to ask you how sure you are about it cos in the pics it looks quite beautiful(except for the rear bumper) .
I know its altogether a different feeling when you see the car in persn but i ve my doubts and could you please put some light on the revised suspension cos i ve read that they 've worked a little on the above ....
I havent driven the car man so I cant really comment on the suspension. Just saw it parked and I am sorry to break your heart but it looked awful.I think the new sonata even looks better than this accord.
Old 22nd September 2005, 22:50   #74
BHPian

The all new Civic also falls in the category "love it or hate it". The interiors look funky! At least they could have spared the sedan!
Old 23rd September 2005, 00:02   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a better look at the 2006 civic http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...me=Civic+Sedan
The rear tail lights look verrry similar to the new Audi A4 tail lamps. Love speedo/techno layout, looks really conceptish but i hope the indian version gets the same setup. Interiors besides that is very basic but still nice enough compared to the corolla. The steering wheel sucks! Two spoke... what were they thinking?! This is not a maruti van! I think one more spoke can add all the excitment back to the steering.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks