Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2022, 07:52   #331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Traffic & DSG:
Given your travel routes, and since this car (I presume) is generously chauffeur driven too - how do you get comfort with DSG which notoriously doesn’t like heavy stop / go traffic conditions.
We used to be a little particular about shifting to neutral with the Superb. However, the Allspace has an Automatic Parking Brake - and if I am not mistaken, the gearbox shifts to neutral when the APB engages (at least one cannot notice the vehicle straining to move against the brakes), so I believe (and I could be wrong) that there is no need to physically shift to neutral. Am sure there is some risk with this DSG gearbox as well - and it is much too early for problems to start showing up; so will just have to wait and watch on this.
Hayek is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 08:10   #332
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Any updates on the delivery? It was supposed to start from 15th but I don't see any news nor update.
Old 17th January 2022, 10:16   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Any updates on the delivery?
Skoda India has commenced deliveries of new Kodiaq

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-smartselect_20220117101511_twitter.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 10:29   #334
BHPian

Did anyone manage to TD Kodiaq from Raja Skoda, Bangalore?
Old 17th January 2022, 10:34   #335
BHPian

I have noticed that you can't book the Kodiaq anymore through the Skoda website (for now atleat).
Old 17th January 2022, 11:43   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
I have noticed that you can't book the Kodiaq anymore through the Skoda website (for now atleat).
Yes, also I have been advised by the SA that if we book now, there is 6 months waiting!
Old 17th January 2022, 11:45   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post

1. Unflatteringly large size

7. Terrible mileage

So, where does this leave me in the search for a compact luxury SUV? I am back to considering the Volvo XC40 - I have to sacrifice some driving pleasure to have a more well rounded car.
Skoda should really consider bringing back the Karoq in India. I really don't understand why they pulled the plug on the Karoq. Like Solaris007 there are many people for whom the Kodiaq is a very huge car to drive around the city. Also the 2L engine is a very thirsty engine. The Karoq is a car that will satisfy those people who want a very premium car which is not so huge but can seat 5 comfortably with good luggage space. The 1.5L engine is better in FE also when compared to the 2L. Currently there is a big gap between the Kushaq and Kodaiq. The top end Kushaq is 22L and base Kodiaq is 45L (on road prices). So the Karoq at 30L hits the perfect sweet spot when it comes to quality and size.

Solaris007, If you have the budget to go for an XC40, you should definitely go for that vehicle. It is a great car !
Mr.Perera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:05   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007
So, where does this leave me in the search for a compact luxury SUV? I am back to considering the Volvo XC40 - I have to sacrifice some driving pleasure to have a more well rounded car.
Volvo designs are unique and they stand out. If budget permits, XC60 is the one to go for. Otherwise, Kodiaq L&K with 3rd down at all times to use it as 5 seater is way better option. Some of the issues you highlighted are not really a deal breakers and takes time to get used to them.
hondafanboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:34   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
Also, Jangra we seem to be in the same boat - considering the same cars. I am actually growing partial to the Sportline variant day by day now - hoping it shows up in the showroom soon.
I have zeroed in on Tiguan and booked it. Considering 9lac difference with Kodiaq L&K, beige interiors, unusable 6th & 7th seat which I wont use anyway, laggy infotainment, seems to me that Tiguan is better value for money.

I never considered Style variant as I feel Tiguan has better features like Digital cockpit, TPMS, Hill Descent Control. Sportline variant - I'm not into those sport seats and alcantara interiors. Could be difficult to maintain.

For the reasons I mentioned above in my earlier post of why Tiguan over Kodiaq, Tiguan it is for me.
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:37   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Volvo designs are unique and they stand out. If budget permits, XC60 is the one to go for. Otherwise, Kodiaq L&K with 3rd down at all times to use it as 5 seater is way better option. Some of the issues you highlighted are not really a deal breakers and takes time to get used to them.
That’s my thought as well. The likes of X1 and XC40 may be in the same price bracket but the Kodiaq would be a far superior product as a family car. These Germans can be a great choice as a secondary car for self driving to those who can afford them.
novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:46   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda India has commenced deliveries of new Kodiaq

Attachment 2261323
Well, I don't see any update on customers taking delivery on social platforms. Usually there will be photo's on the dealership FB or similar pages. Pune dealers still don't have TD cars, forget delivery.
Old 17th January 2022, 12:54   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
This is my train of thought as well. I started my search for a car thinking the Compass/X1/XC40 size would be enough, but these cars are really short on space in the rear. I had to go a segment up and check the Q5 and XC60, which did not work out for budget issues and hence had to settle on the Kodiaq for now.

I had seriously considered the X1, had a decent deal as well. The car looks good on the outside and we arn't a family that really cares about too many features. However every seat in that car felt cramped, including the driver seat.
If self driving is going to be the primary use then the X1, XC40 and likes would make sense, but for a regular chauffeur driven car, the XC60/Kodiaq size makes sense.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 12:59   #343
BHPian

Guys, this is strictly my opinion. A diesel is a diesel. A turbo petrol cannot match the comfort of frugal diesel nor it can match the efficiency whether in the city or on the highway. Paying 40 lakhs for a Kodiaq? I would prefer going the preowned way. If somebody is looking for off-roader that is a feature loaded & fantastic cruiser, I would recommend the Ford Endeavour in 3.2 Titanium guise - maybe from the 2018-19 period. Believe me, it's one of the best 4x4s I own - fantastic OEM sound system, comfortable cruiser, panaromic sunroof etc. Ford service cost is below 10 K and even after Ford exiting, we are happy with the service center experience.

This is the best time to own a V6 or a V8 diesel of yesteryears. We recently bought a W211 E280 CDI from 2008 and it is one of has the best suspension which provides comfort as well as stiffness as needed. Recently, I did a trip from Mumbai to Nathdwara with 4 people onboard and a trunk full of luggage. Still, the car was creamy smooth and efficient as well. I will post some pics of the same.

These are strictly my views.

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220117-12.32.28-1.jpeg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220117-12.32.28.jpeg

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220117-12.32.27.jpeg

Last edited by Sheel : 19th January 2022 at 08:13. Reason: Edited for readability
LEOMAN is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 13:18   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOMAN View Post
If somebody looking for off-roading , feature loaded & a fantastic cruiser i would recommend the ford endeavour in 3.2 titanium guise , maybe of 2018-19 model. Believe me one of the best 4x4 i own , fantastic oem sound system, comfortable cruiser ,panaromic sunroof etc. Ford service cost is below 10k and even after ford exiting , we are happy with the service center experience .
Sorry for going off-topic here..

Big burly SUVs aren't my thing but I get tempted wherever I see an Endeavour on the road. It does look good. But the thought of lugging around a 2.5 ton behemoth on crowded city roads scares me. I would like to know your take on driving the Endeavour vs a typical German sedan on normal roads (City and Highways)? I understand the driving experience wouldn't be the same but like to know how bad it can be compared to a Sedan.
Old 17th January 2022, 13:46   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
I had seriously considered the X1, had a decent deal as well.
One of the forum member had purchased X1 and within few months ( I think) he sold it due to the lack of space inside. He went for a white Kodiaq L&K and changed the wheels. One of the best looking Kodiaq on this forum. You should search for it to read his thought process on why he made that decision. These are real world scenarios and should be considered rather than small screen, beige interior etc. If you are considering Kodiaq, you may want to reach out to him and see if he has any other feedback to share. In the price range that it is in , coupled with great design and solidly built, and for safety and practicality that it offers, nothing comes closer to Kodiaq. Yes, 3rd row is not adult friendly but it is what it is.

Last edited by hondafanboy : 17th January 2022 at 13:47.
hondafanboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks