Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2022, 12:10   #286
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Thanks rahulraag. I am getting an different answer from Raja Skoda. Can you please let me know who from the dealer your brother is speaking to?
I spoke to Raja Skoda. It seemed that the have not received any official information on price hikes. Also the Skoda website for booking online still seems to have the old price. Unless there is a official annoucement from Skoda, I think they should and will uphold all bookings at the launch price. BTW Raja Skoda, Bangalore alone has made more than 40 bookings so far. Will tweet Zac as well.
BlackRaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 13:04   #287
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
Thanks rahulraag. I am getting an different answer from Raja Skoda. Can you please let me know who from the dealer your brother is speaking to?
I got the same quote from Raja Skoda but was told that the price indicated is applicable only for bookings done till 11th Jan.
Old 13th January 2022, 13:18   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
I spoke to Raja Skoda. It seemed that the have not received any official information on price hikes. Also the Skoda website for booking online still seems to have the old price. Unless there is a official annoucement from Skoda, I think they should and will uphold all bookings at the launch price. BTW Raja Skoda, Bangalore alone has made more than 40 bookings so far. Will tweet Zac as well.
This is the information I got from the Ahmedabad dealer as well. I confirmed with him yesterday even when booking it and he had no idea about the price hike and the price is 37.5L (L&K). I would be really surprised if they retrospectively charge more to customers without any official announcement. I booked my car yesterday, but will definitely not pay a penny over 37.5L (ex-showroom), infact would probably have paid 39L but if this is how Skoda will deal with the situation then it would leave a sour taste.

That said, I am going to assume the 37.5L (L&K) price till anything is conveyed to me by the dealer or Skoda and give the benefit of doubt (rumours) to the company.
kartavya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 13:40   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Please let us know how much of a difference there is as far as ride quality goes when it comes to driving in normal and comfort mode. I am sure there will be significant difference between comfort and sport mode. But I would really like to know the difference between normal and comfort mode. I checked with the local dealer here ar Aurangabad, Maharashtra and they dont have the car yet.
Please note that basically this is a VW-Skoda platform which is true to it's traditions , a stiffer platform. So like the Tiguan , this Skoda will be stiff in it's nature and won't offer you the superlative comfort which you are looking for in any of the modes. The ride will be stiff and jarring to some extent in any case . So if you are looking for an comfortable ride for lower backpain and some off roading, please look elsewhere.
Old 13th January 2022, 14:33   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
Please note that basically this is a VW-Skoda platform which is true to it's traditions , a stiffer platform. So like the Tiguan , this Skoda will be stiff in it's nature and won't offer you the superlative comfort which you are looking for in any of the modes. The ride will be stiff and jarring to some extent in any case . So if you are looking for an comfortable ride for lower backpain and some off roading, please look elsewhere.
Completely wrong. Even last-gen Rapid had better setup compared to the same car as Vento. And my Kodiaq experience has been nothing like what you say.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 14:42   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Completely wrong. Even last-gen Rapid had better setup compared to the same car as Vento. And my Kodiaq experience has been nothing like what you say.
I drive a Tiguan, the diesel one that is. It has solid rock hard suspension and I can feel every single bump inside the car. I tried the Kodiaq (diesel) and felt the same. But then it never had DCC, so I'm wondering if the Comfort mode in the new Kodiaq makes any difference. I'm not expecting it to be as comfortable as the Duster or C5 Aircross, but at least something bearable specially in city filled with potholes. I have 2 disc bulges in the lumbar area (L4-L5-S1) and it hurts like hell specially when driving German SUVs. For some reason the sedans hurt much less, its probably due to less body roll.
Old 13th January 2022, 15:04   #292
BHPian

Quote:
I drive a Tiguan, the diesel one that is. It has solid rock hard suspension and I can feel every single bump inside the car. I tried the Kodiaq (diesel) and felt the same. But then it never had DCC, so I'm wondering if the Comfort mode in the new Kodiaq makes any difference. I'm not expecting it to be as comfortable as the Duster or C5 Aircross, but at least something bearable specially in city filled with potholes. I have 2 disc bulges in the lumbar area (L4-L5-S1) and it hurts like hell specially when driving German SUVs. For some reason the sedans hurt much less, its probably due to less body roll.
I do find this issue could be because of lower tyre pressure. Had the same with my previous Santa Fe and my current Octavia as well. The recommended tyre pressure is not comfortable which it should be. I drive the Kodiaq at 36-38 psi and its a noticeable improvement. I went to Ladakh in my Kodiaq in Sep where i drove over mix of good/bad/worse roads and the car comfort was much better than i expected. So much so that i drove the whole trip on my own even when there were 2 other drivers with me.

Agree about Duster which i have tried, it has amazing suspension setup. Can't comment about C5.

Last edited by AnandB : 13th January 2022 at 15:06.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 15:44   #293
VND
BHPian

Quote:
For some reason the sedans hurt much less, its probably due to less body roll.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Agree about Duster which i have tried, it has amazing suspension setup. Can't comment about C5.
I drive my Tiguan Allspace at 35 PSI most of the times and find it quite comfortable to be honest. Not bone jarring at all, though you can't compare that to a C5 aircross for sure.

P.S. The OEM recommend tire pressure is 38 PSI!
Old 13th January 2022, 17:37   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
I drive my Tiguan Allspace at 35 PSI most of the times and find it quite comfortable to be honest. Not bone jarring at all, though you can't compare that to a C5 aircross for sure.

P.S. The OEM recommend tire pressure is 38 PSI!
In the Menu options under Tyres, I see Comfort, Standard and Fully loaded. The Comfort recommends 33 psi, Standard recommends 35 psi and Fully loaded recommends 38 psi.

I've tried nitrogen ranging from 33 psi to 45 psi, tried the same with regular air as well. None of them gave me any comfort since day 1. just for the heck of it I drove around 20 some kms at 26 psi and that helped just a little with the comfort. I repeat just a little. Didn't want to take any risks with the rims so changed it back to 33 psi. I also asked the service guys to check the suspension and its all good.

I try to sit as low as possible and I made a custom cushion so that my knees are not too high than my waist and I also keep the seat reclined around 120 degrees, this has helped to some extent.
Old 13th January 2022, 17:41   #295
BHPian

Safe to say the price hike talk was rumours? I am sure Skoda would have atleast made the effort to update on their website by now atleast for the new bookings through there.

Not to say there won't be one soon or speculate but as of now, it should be safe to assume the 35L starting point?
Old 13th January 2022, 18:48   #296
Team-BHP Support

Saw the Kodiaq briefly today. Its a lovely car, spacious boot etc.

My one standout gripe with it is that I didn’t like the amount of underthigh support in the second row. I recently sat in the back of a Compass and while it clearly lacks width, the back seat was more comfortably designed and contoured from an underthigh support perspective. I’m hoping the Commander in its effort to be three row doesn’t lose out on this qua the Compass and if anything improves it further or at the very least remains at least as comfortable.

My recall from a recent drive in a Tucson is that even the Tucson rear seat felt more comfortable than the Kodiaq middle row. Bit of a bummer but otherwise such a spectacularly well appointed car. It will do decent numbers I hope - we do need more value luxury offerings as well for a more well rounded market.
Axe77 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 19:34   #297
BHPian

Will the facelifted 2022 Karooq be launched in India. Suddenly new Karooq looks as good alternative. Its got good interiors with a frugal and powerful 1.5 TSI which becomes a compelling product to buy at a price point which is affordable also. I am assuming Skoda will not increase the price like what they did with Kodiaq
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 19:52   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Safe to say the price hike talk was rumours? I am sure Skoda would have atleast made the effort to update on their website by now atleast for the new bookings through there.

Not to say there won't be one soon or speculate but as of now, it should be safe to assume the 35L starting point?
While this is my first post, just wanted to thank this forum for the informative posts and useful reviews.

Understand launch price is being honoured only for bookings done till 11 January. Checked on this with multiple dealers. My booking (L&K) was done on 12 January. Not healthy for the brand to revise pricing within two days of formal launch, but it’s a seller’s market currently and the narrative is that the product is strong and generating bookings. Believe the ex-showroom pricing is expected be revised formally in next few days, unless of course there is another review of stance by Skoda. Hope this helps.
ashishan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 21:37   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Will the facelifted 2022 Karooq be launched in India. Suddenly new Karooq looks as good alternative. Its got good interiors with a frugal and powerful 1.5 TSI which becomes a compelling product to buy at a price point which is affordable also. I am assuming Skoda will not increase the price like what they did with Kodiaq
Zac has made it clear that Skoda has NO plans to launch the Karooq or the vRS version of the Kodiaq in 2022.

Maybe later they will review.
Old 13th January 2022, 23:48   #300
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Safe to say the price hike talk was rumours?
Price hike is confirmed. When I booked today, L&K has been quoted at ex-showroom 38.98L. So, on-road 44.92L in Gurgaon.
AKB is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks