Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2022, 14:50   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

On-road prices in Pune, 44.9 lakhs for the L&K variant.

Just about right, given the very good features - primary ones being the damping suspension + 360 degree camera - don't think the competition (X1, GLA, Fortuner, Compass, Citroen et al) offers at this price point.

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-screenshot-20220110-2.44.33-pm.png

Source:carwale
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 14:59   #152
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Comparison across variants from the official brochure for quick reference;

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-seats.png

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-colors.png

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-ride.png

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-feat3.png

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-feat2.png

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-feat1.png
sarathlal is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 15:24   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

EvoIndia review out, except the driving impressions:

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 10th January 2022 at 15:27.
Old 10th January 2022, 15:27   #154

Really good pricing in my opinion. Definitely a better buy for anyone who is looking at Tiguan or Q2. Although, I think they could have priced the Sportsline at 34.99L and kept the variant lineup tighter instead of getting flak for one colour option on the Style variant. Not sure why would anyone try to save 1L at this price point.
Old 10th January 2022, 15:37   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
Continuing on my earlier post and food for thought:

Taking example of a person who is looking at options below 45 OTR SUV and is cross shopping segments, SUV to be used as a primary car (occasional 6seater) and will be expected to serve at-least 9 years. The person rejected Xuv700 due to waiting period and the lack of perceived quality in its interior ambience (His take, not mine)
The options and analysis game look like this :

For top AUTO models:on road Lucknow
Kodiaq Petrol only : 43.6
Gloster: 45
Fortuner:45.35
Legender: 50.18

Points to ponder:

Gloster is the most equipped and the largest of the 4 by a fair margin

Fortuner is larger than kodiaq and it’s a diesel like gloster. Fortuner of course comes with legendary brand and resale value. Best looking IMO.

Kodiaq is the least powerful of the four but it is nicely equipped with unique features like DCC.

190 vs 205 vs 215 hp
320 nm vs 500nm vs 480 nm
Awd vs 4*4 plus low range plus diff lock control vs all time 4*4 drive mode plus low range plus diff lock control

Upcoming Jeep Meridian will bring a new combo in this segment: Monocoque + 6/7 seat + diesel auto

Remains to be seen what delights cross shoppers the most. In the absence of Meridian, Kodiaq will rival Gloster the most, as they both offer Features and Interior quality/ambience as one of their major value proposition. Good times for buyers I say.

Side note- Discounted A4,Q2, X1 can also be a massive pull for Kodiaq buyers since all of them offer interior quality, drive experience and brand image as their main value USPS

Last edited by AMG1 : 10th January 2022 at 15:38.
AMG1 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 15:45   #156
BHPian

Something tells me this Kodiaq is going to do well ( at least in comparison to the outgoing model’s sales figures as we last remember it) despite the lack of a diesel motor.

It’s a luxurious car. Practical and spacious option which looks like a value proposition with its correct pricing. And DCC! Nice!
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 15:48   #157
BHPian

Skoda just killed VW's Tiguan with its pricing with what is essentially a better packaged Tiguan. What's VW's game here? Are they even interested in the Indian market? What are thoughts of fellow BHP'ians here? Cant understand the VW/ Skoda game plan here.
@PetrolheadASH is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 15:58   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

For top AUTO models:on road Lucknow
Kodiaq Petrol only : 43.6
Gloster: 45
Fortuner:45.35
Legender: 50.18

190 vs 205 vs 215 hp
320 nm vs 500nm vs 480 nm
Awd vs 4*4 plus low range plus diff lock control vs all time 4*4 drive mode plus low range plus diff lock control
Even though these cars are in the same price point, they are not targeting the same customer base in my view. Gloster and Fortuner are sort of the same target audience, people who want the biggest and boldest one on the road. Kodiaq is more about a refined offering with better quality and driving dynamics. Kodiaq does fall into a no mans land since X1/Q3 are better brand value but overall its a lot more car for the money. Only niche segment will go for Kodiaq but certainly appreciate it over the rest.

Engine power in numbers is not enough to compare the cars. We have to look at real world figures. It may be lowest in power, but it will surely leave likes of gloster and fortuners behind by few seconds due to lower body weight, DCT gearbox etc.
supertinu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:11   #159
BHPian

This is great pricing and trims from Skoda. If I were looking in this segment Kodiaq would be my prime vehicle of interest. Fortuner might get the resale, fuel option and brand, but looses out on ride, interiors and price.

The only other comparable vehicle in market is Gloster, but then MG does not have the brand or ASS presence of Skoda. Also, unlike Kushaq, this isn't a new platform and should not have that many niggles.

With Ford Endeavour gone and Fortuner overpriced, I think Skoda has made a smart decision to stick to sensible pricing and amazing features for a 6/7 seater. I expect this to be a surprising success for them.
astrodex is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:24   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarp View Post
Hi,

Few questions regarding fuel:

1. Seeking advise from current owners of TSI: How difficult is to always look out for RON 95 fuel as against normal petrol ? Particularly if one were to travel outside the city ? Is required fuel available from all oil companies or restricted to a few ?
Even my GT TSI from 2013 comes with a recommendation for RON 95 but that fuel was launched by IOCL only last year! The car has been running fine on 91 octane for years now.

Having said that, now I exclusively fill xp95 for both my cars and IOCL has done a commendable job in ensuring availability even on highways. Just last week, I filled up xp95 in the middle of nowhere on an NH. So you don't have to worry either about running the car on other fuels or about the availability of RON95.
cpabhijit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 16:27   #161
BHPian

Unlike Tiguan, it does not say "Introductory" pricing . Looking at the way other manufacturers are hiking prices, by the time discount phase comes up (which is maybe 9-10 months down the line, prices might have gone up which would make it back to the launch price with discount.

Walk around video by Overdrive:
Old 10th January 2022, 17:04   #162
BHPian

Saw a white L&K on display in the showroom. It looked elegant and understated in white color. White metallic looked way better than I expected.

The interior leather seem to be a grainy one unlike the fine grained soft leather in Superb. But I think it would age well.

Legroom at the front and middle rows appear to be slightly lesser than Superb. So if the primary use would be only 5 seat config then Superb may be a better choice unless buying an SUV is the primary goal.

I hope Kodiaq’s handling isn’t too compromised compared to Superb.
Old 10th January 2022, 17:05   #163
Senior - BHPian

I would assume the mileage would be low single digit - under 5kmpl in our busy city roads. Does it have start/stop or is a mild hybrid?

Note that the A4 with the same engine (no Quattro of course) delivers superb fuel efficiency!!

Why dont manufacturers throw in a small battery and achieve decent figures without compromising on the drive or anything else - beats me!!
Equus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:48   #164
BHPian

Quote:

Side note- Discounted A4,Q2, X1 can also be a massive pull for Kodiaq buyers since all of them offer interior quality, drive experience and brand image as their main value USPS
I am actually one of them - I was waiting for the Kodiaq and causally checked the discounts on X1 in December. Ended up getting a Tech Edition for less than what the Kodiaq L&K costs.

Last edited by karan85 : 10th January 2022 at 17:48. Reason: typo
karan85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 17:59   #165
BHPian

Booked the Kodiaq L & K.

I am confused between Lava Blue and Black.

I have always heard black cars are high maintenance and do not age gracefully as other lighter shades.

Anyone with experience in owning a black car please guide me.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks