Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2022, 16:54   #16
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Price hikes are never welcome, yet this is roughly in keeping with the competition.

Better vehicle than the Fortuner and bigger than the Tiguan. Sensible luxury seven seater.

Skoda is a well admired but also feared (service and reliability issues) brand in India. Toyota Fortuner just exemplifies reliability and all the premium is for that plus the absence of any ladder on frame competition.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 17:14   #17

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

In Canada, where I currently am. The Tiguan comes with 4Motion as standard and optional 3rd row seats. I don’t know how big the Kodiaq is to be so much more expensive than the Tiguan in India.

Looks very handsome though !
BullBoy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 17:26   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

We've also been told that Volkswagen will be increasing the price of the Tiguan from January 1, 2022. The SUV is expected to cost Rs. 33 lakh (ex-showroom).

Thanks to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Link to Team-BHP News
If VW was to increase the pricing on the Tiguan from 1st Jan 2022 , I haven’t seen it in any news as yet. Anyway, maybe they’ve had a change of heart ;
The pricing for the Kodiaq seems to be in line with the pricing of the Tiguan i. e about 2 lacs more for each model than expected. But I guess the VAG group isn’t interested in the volume game in this segment. In fact my experience is, the SA’s at VW when asked about the Tiguan, lack any enthusiasm, to put it mildly!
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 17:53   #19
BHPian

The demo vehicles are reaching/reached dealerships. (Logo and other markings are covered). Saw a white L&K model in flesh. It is missing message seats but has ventilated seats and all other gizmos promised (No RADAR) including 360 camera.

It is still carrying MRF tires but a different alloy design than the previous diesel L & K.
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 18:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by troika View Post
If VW was to increase the pricing on the Tiguan from 1st Jan 2022 , I haven’t seen it in any news as yet. Anyway, maybe they’ve had a change of heart
I do believe the price hike with Tiguan is a possibility. The SA mentioned that if I were to go ahead with the booking via the leasing route I have to wait till as they are yet to receive official confirmation on pricing from VW as the current one shared is subject to change. They apparently cannot raise a performa invoice based on the current pricing shared with the dealers. They are expecting clarity on the pricing by 10th January, possibly earlier. But the whole thing does sound strange, why share a pricing if they are not sure and if it might increase it in 30 days!

Last edited by SR-71 : 1st January 2022 at 18:29.
SR-71 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 19:07   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Overall Skoda is planning to charge 3.5 lkh more for petrol engines than diesel engines.
Do not think we can put it as simply as that
The situation in early 2022 is very different from the situation in 2020, when the Kodiaq was last available. Since then-

1. Input prices have gone through the roof.

2. Indian auto market is experiencing the fastest ever shift to SUVs.

3. Luxury brand prices have steeply gone up, so there is a big gap in the 30-40 lakh segment, which currently is being services by the Fortuner, and discounted A4s.

4. We have also seen that with the pricing of the new Octavia, that Skoda will hold on to the value luxury positioning, volumes being secondary motive.

In fact, Skoda and VW will make you believe that they are giving you a far better engine with the 2.0 TSI. True that it will rarely touch double digit fuel efficiency, but maybe that actually does not matter to its target audience, given that Skoda remains the only value-luxury brand in India today.

Having said that, to me the prices seem about 2 lakhs more than what i expected. I had thought that since the Tiguan sells for 32 ex showroom, the Kodiaq will start at 34.Think discounts will start soon.
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 19:45   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
(I know it's shopping across categories) but the Innova Crysta ZX AT at 30 lacs OTR in Bangalore seems to be value for money!
That’s one of the major reason it continues to sell 6000 units a month!! No competition and the smaller 5 seater SUVs though much more feature-loaded, have gone well into the other side of the 30L mark.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 02:53   #23
BHPian

Quote:
(I know it's shopping across categories) but the Innova Crysta ZX AT at 30 lacs OTR in Bangalore seems to be value for money!
Believe me. There is no comparison between an Innova and a Kodiaq. Both are in different worlds altogether.

Setting aside the price difference for a while, just a short back to back drive in both cars will easily show the obvious. The Innova will feel like a crude, unrefined, noisy, notchy, cheap Bolero in front of a Kodiaq. A Fortuner might feel even cruder thanks to the bouncy ride.

I own a Crysta myself. Have driven it for over a lakh km but won't ever dare to compare it with the German Kodiaq. Kodiaq is a proper premium and posh car. Crysta is a wild BOF truck that read some issues of some random magazines on how to look rich and sophisticated. (If you search you will learn that Innova and Hilux share platforms as well).
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 06:14   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Believe me. There is no comparison between an Innova and a Kodiaq. Both are in different worlds altogether.
I actually ended up test driving the Innova and the Tiguan Allspace back to back - since I was shopping across a wide range of products in Jan / Feb last year. The rest as they say is history. There is clearly no comparison between the two - no offence to Innova owners and I recognise that there is a value to that car - but the Tiguan Allspace is an infinitely superior product. The same applies to the Fortuner.

There is a smaller population of urban affluent Indians who can afford to pay for the refinement afforded by cars like the Tiguan and Kodiaq. Most of these folks can also afford to trade up to the entry level luxury brand segment. Hence the market for the D sedans and SUVs will be a limited one - at least until India reduces import duties. (CKD duties are high too - and setting up an assembly plant makes sense only if the manufacturer captures the bulk of the difference with import parity prices). The Kodiaq is not for everyone - but those who can afford it should take a close look.
Hayek is online now   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:59   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
From a practical standpoint, this comparison does make sense. Two things set Kodiaq apart. Driving pleasure and ride/suspension. If you are a bit of an enthusiast and intend to use the car for highway drives, etc. then Kodiaq would be far superior to Innova. OTH, if you intend to use the car mainly chauffeured for the urban traffic of typical home/office/school/shops commute I wouldn't mind a petrol AT Innova. Kodiaq can do urban commute also better than Innova but the compromise won't feel that bad as a trade off. It also depends on what your current cars are - typically someone used to European cars (suspension and NVH) can immediately find Innova underwhelming.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 10:25   #26
Team-BHP Support

The Innova and Kodiaq is like comparing chalk and cheese but there is some merit. Let me elaborate on this being a Kodiaq owner.

The Kodiaq is miles ahead in terms of feeling premium, luxury, drive quality that is more car like and dynamics that are like a cross over and not a body on frame stiff and rudimentary feeling Innova.

However both cars have different use case. If you want a car that can traverse bad roads without you having to worry about the abuse and don't mind the compromises mentioned above, the Innova is a more practical and abuse friendly car.

The Kodiaq can take abuse but you have to be a little careful and you are always weary of breaking anything in a complex European car.

If you are mainly using it for long drives and self driving the Kodiaq is the best pick. If you are using it for daily commuting and chauffeur driven more and occasional self drive highway trips, the Innova might be a more practical option.

The Kodiaq does not like traffic and the DSG is never comfortable in stop go and slow moving traffic. It's brilliant on the highway but not in town. Also the Kodiaq is very wide and in narrow roads needs watchful driving.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 3rd January 2022 at 09:31.
Vid6639 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Of course! And in comparison to BMW X3/x5 the kodiaq is solid value for money.
The XL6 appears value for money in the other direction-compared to an Innova.
Value is in the eye of the beholder?
sassid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 12:33   #28
BHPian

What is the fuel economy expected?

I almost decided on a Kodiaq 2 yrs back, but for some reason, had to put off the plans. Now that it is only coming in petrol variant, will it still be as VFM luxury as before?
Old 2nd January 2022, 14:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The Innova and Kodiaq is like comparing chalk and cheese but there is some merit. Let me elaborate on this being a Kodiaq owner.
Keep it classy gentlemen, A Crysta owner making the case for Kodiaq and a Kodiaq owner appreciating Crysta is why we come to visit T-BHP!

However, car prices have gone insane now and can only be rationalized because we are becoming used to hearing them. 50L is what a relatively well-off person earns in a year in his 40s. On a rather crude comparison, VW Tiguan costs roughly 25 iPhones in the US but would cost 50 of them here.
shobhit.shri is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2022, 19:32   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

What I am actually interested in knowing is how does the XUV 7OO, which is supposed to be benchmarked against the Kodiaq, compare to the Kodiaq? How does the MStallion engine in its 200bhp fare against the Kodiaq's 187hp engine? I humbly request Kodiaq owners who have experience with the XUV 7OO to share their views on this.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks