Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2022, 14:28   #61
BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Folks who have experienced DCC in an international model or other cars, can you comment on how it compares vis-a-vis the suspension tune of the current (pre-facelift) Kodiaq?

Will it absorb bumps better in comfort mode? Will it also handle corners better in sport mode? Both in comparison to current Kodiaq please.

I read somewhere that it does absorb bumps better, but only at low speeds (10 kmph), but not at higher speeds (30 kmph).

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I am sold on the new Kodiaq. I am looking to replace my aging Gen2 Superb. TD’ed several cars. Nothing that would fit in my budget impressed me including the new Superb.

Everything else other than the Superb felt like a downgrade unless I go for the big germans. Also, I don’t like the way new Superb drives. It has become a proper limousine. If I am settling for a compromised handling I thought would rather buy the Kodiaq given that it is getting a proper DCC.

Just made an advance booking for a Lava Blue L&K Kodiaq.
Can you share your view on how Superb and Kodiaq handle relative to each other?
Ojas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 14:44   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh

Kodiaq does seem to have all the creature comforts, and don't think they have missed out on any feature, maybe to make it a complete package they could have added the massager seat functionality as well from Superb. This seems to be a great pick if you are shopping in that budget.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 14:55   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
I haven't driven a Kodiaq, made a blind booking. My rationale for going with Kodiaq is that it's handling with DCC in Sport mode won't be far behind Gen3 Superb (I hope so).

To me, the choice is between Superb and Kodiaq. I think Kodiaq is clearly a more versatile vehicle. I was on the fence but veering towards Superb for lack of alternatives. Addition of DCC made the choice an easy one in favor of Kodiaq.

Last edited by novice : 7th January 2022 at 15:08.
novice is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 15:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I am sold on the new Kodiaq. I am looking to replace my aging Gen2 Superb. TD’ed several cars. Nothing that would fit in my budget impressed me including the new Superb.

Everything else other than the Superb felt like a downgrade unless I go for the big germans. Also, I don’t like the way new Superb drives. It has become a proper limousine. If I am settling for a compromised handling I thought would rather buy the Kodiaq given that it is getting a proper DCC.

Just made an advance booking for a Lava Blue L&K Kodiaq.
I know exactly how you feel. We too have a gen2 Superb in our family that needs replacement; and just like you've mentioned there's nothing under the 40L price range feels like an upgrade.

Eagerly looking forward to a proper review of the 2022 Kodiaq.
Wish you all the very best.

Quote:
Folks who have experienced DCC in an international model or other cars, can you comment on how it compares vis-a-vis the suspension tune of the current (pre-facelift) Kodiaq?

Will it absorb bumps better in comfort mode? Will it also handle corners better in sport mode? Both in comparison to current Kodiaq please.

I read somewhere that it does absorb bumps better, but only at low speeds (10 kmph), but not at higher speeds (30 kmph).

Although i haven't driven a DCC equipped Kodiaq, i did own a VW Arteon 2.0TSi with DCC. Switching through the driving modes in the Arteon (Eco/Comfort/Normal/Sport/Individual) would adjust the stiffness of the dampers with a noticeable difference in the cars behaviour. Even though the car was mostly driven on smooth roads in UAE, I particularly loved Comfort mode for its Mercedes like ride quality.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th January 2022 at 16:33. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Nair.V8 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 16:06   #65
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Pardon me for speaking out of the bush but what will happen to the prices of the old 2.0 TDI Kodiaq? I'm assuming it will go up.
Old 7th January 2022, 16:16   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Pardon me for speaking out of the bush but what will happen to the prices of the old 2.0 TDI Kodiaq? I'm assuming it will go up.
The facelifted Kodiaq will be a petrol-only model.

If you meant to ask about used cars, personally I wouldn't be too keen on the diesel version, since it is a bit underpowered and lacks the top-end. No particular reason to say that the used 2.0 TDI Kodiaqs will be in higher demand now because of the new petrol-only model.

Last edited by Ojas : 7th January 2022 at 16:18. Reason: Corrected grammar
Ojas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 16:29   #67
BHPian

Quote:
If you meant to ask about used cars, personally I wouldn't be too keen on the diesel version, since it is a bit underpowered and lacks the top-end. No particular reason to say that the used 2.0 TDI Kodiaqs will be in higher demand now because of the new petrol-only model.
Yes, I meant used cars only since I won't be able to affort a new one for years!
I have done extensive test driving on the TDI and fell in love with it. All and all it's just a better and more premium Tiguan.

If the used market prices fall, then nothing like it
But then, I'm bad at probability and prediction
Old 7th January 2022, 17:13   #68
BHPian

It'll be interesting to see what features are only available in L&K Version in India. I was checking Skoda Kodiaq UK site which has good comparison : (SKODA_KODIAQ_Brochure_DEC21.pdf) and lot of features are optional in lower variants. The L&K version is going to be pretty expensive in Bangalore for sure which has road tax in tune of ~20% for this bracket.
Old 7th January 2022, 18:09   #69
BHPian

Booked the L&K variant. Undecided on the colour. Do we know what colours the L&K variant is coming up with? Also does the Indian CKD have the door edge protection?
BlackRaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 18:11   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_10 View Post
Hi Team,

I am planning to buy a SUV, below are my Requirements
I am considering XUV700, Kodiaq, Jeep Meridian, Fortuner.
Should I be considering Volvo Xc40 or upcoming Audi Q3? Am I missing any option?
P.S- I have booked XUV700 AT Pertrol L to be on a safer side. I will look to finalize it by August/Sept 2022.
XUV700 Petrol AT will be incredible value. Since you have time on your side, you don't need to worry about waiting times for this vehicle. Kodiaq is an excellent choice but it looks most likely to top 50 lakhs on-road. The Fortuner already does! And the Fortuner is a roughly finished vehicle, without the type of sophistication in materials, equipment, fit and finish or ride quality you will see in the others. Toyota are just milking their cash cow and the average customer is happy to be milked, due to the innocent but misplaced value equation on their mind that a Toyota is worth its weight in Gold and any amount of money will be too less, if it is going to get them a Fortuner. Toyota have somehow falsely built a positioning for Fortuner in India, that a Land Cruiser enjoys in the rest of the world. Although LC is a first world vehicle and Fortuner is almost a third world vehicle made with Thailand and Indonesia in mind and India as an afterthought.

If I am not mistaken, Jeep Meridian will come only in a Diesel Guise. XC40 and Q3 will involve significant space compromises.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 7th January 2022 at 18:17.
84.monsoon is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 18:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Booked the L&K variant. Undecided on the colour. Do we know what colours the L&K variant is coming up with? Also does the Indian CKD have the door edge protection?
We should know the colors on 10th January launch. I liked the blue and will probably go for the same. I think the door edge protector is not there in any Skoda now.
pk1972 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 19:18   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel911 View Post
It'll be interesting to see what features are only available in L&K Version in India. I was checking Skoda Kodiaq UK site which has good comparison : (Attachment 2255560) and lot of features are optional in lower variants. The L&K version is going to be pretty expensive in Bangalore for sure which has road tax in tune of ~20% for this bracket.
I am worried about the opposite happening. I hope Skoda won't make DCC a Sportline only feature. I wouldn't buy a Sportline unless it comes with the 245ps variant of TSI. I don't like Superb Sportline's 'all show and no go' character. I think it would be the same with the Kodiaq too.

Last edited by novice : 7th January 2022 at 19:19.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 19:33   #73
BHPian

Yep, it is happening. Used Kodiaq prices are going through the roof

Scoop! Skoda Kodiaq Facelift prices leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 34.99 lakh-screenshot-2058.png
vredesbyrd is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 19:37   #74
BHPian

If i were in the market to buy the Kodiaq, i would do so in Nov-Dec 2022. If the earlier post on pricing starting at 36.5 lakhs for the base variant is true, then there would be plenty of discounts available year end, and real life fuel efficiency concerns would also be tested out by then

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 7th January 2022 at 19:38.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 19:59   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am worried about the opposite happening. I hope Skoda won't make DCC a Sportline only feature. I wouldn't buy a Sportline unless it comes with the 245ps variant of TSI. I don't like Superb Sportline's 'all show and no go' character. I think it would be the same with the Kodiaq too.
For Skoda, sportsline is only cosmetic changes. Any update to engine will only come in RS version. So don’t think any change in power figures for Kodiaq sportsline.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks