Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2022, 14:45   #136
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Toyota’s upcoming midsize SUV, code-named D22, will be called the HYRYDER.

Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder-smartselect_20220524145336_chrome.jpg

Quote:
Toyota will be offering it with a strong hybrid powertrain which should offer a combination of improved performance and efficiency
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 24th May 2022 at 14:55.
Venkatesh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 16:13   #137
sbm
BHPian

re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV revealed - Urban Cruiser Hyryder

Assuming that 'HY' represents Hybrid in the name, what are they gonna call the variants without hybrid? Or may be it indicates that all the variants will come with some sort of hybrid tech either mild or strong.
Old 24th May 2022, 17:18   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota’s upcoming midsize SUV, code-named D22, will be called the HYRYDER.

Attachment 2312217

Source
Would have liked it to be Hi-rider, so that it rhymes better with their other legacy brands.
DicKy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 18:24   #139
BHPian

Hello fellas! I have come across an article which may be cooked up or official. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...vjLidtbW8pAlQq
It is about the discontinuation of the S-Cross to make space for the YFG in the MSIL lineup.
About the Hyryder, I had a small confusion, or maybe 2. First, didn't we see the UC Hyryder nameplate, what would that be, the facelifted Brezza which is coming with a Toyota Badge or a mild-hybrid version of the UC with Maruti.
And about the Hyryder, we first had speculations about the WagonR based EV with a Toyota Badge to be called that, now this!
New Brezza thread https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...aJP2fvv-_gK2ZD go to page 17 for the ad shoot of the car spotted by our legendary people.
WagonR EV by Toyota https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...aSwAGPB6J9yBvG
Old 24th May 2022, 21:18   #140
BHPian

I get a feeling that every company going forward is going to use "hybrid" variants and mint big bucks.

Honda launched a hybrid but personally I feel they priced it too high. I hope Toyota or at least Suzuki would price it sensibly.

Fingers crossed!
SSD2122 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 01:57   #141
BHPian

For anyone wanting to catch a likely glimpse of how this car may look, check out the wiki page of Suzuki SX4 and scroll down a bit to its third generation section.

This shared between MSIL and Toyota car seems like the most likely replacement for the current MSIL S-Cross to be pegged as the new all-rounder SUV to compete with the Creta-Seltos twins.
Old 25th May 2022, 13:43   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI image: ( Hyryder and HyCross)

“Hy” for Hybrid? Toyota Innova HyCross and Toyota Hyryder the Creta-rivalling SUV.

- Maruti Suzuki will also have its own version of this SUV (YFG) and will be sold at Nexa outlets. Replacing S cross ?

- The new Innova will have a distinctive look and will have styling which will be a mix of the Corolla Cross SUV and the Veloz sold overseas.

- Toyota is preparing to launch an all-new Innova HyCross, most likely by Diwali.

Name:  20220525125540_Collage.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  80.1 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th May 2022 at 13:52.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 08:48   #143
Senior - BHPian

The one on the left looks like the new Suzuki S Cross. If that's what they are bringing in, kudos to them but I highly doubt it. The one on the right looks like the new Toyota Veloz, which is basically a Daihatsu if I am not mistaken. I hope I am proven wrong on the Veloz because the test mules we have been seeing look nothing like what is shown in this render. My guess is that the smaller vehicle will look more like a Yaris Cross than the above render. The bigger one, no idea.

Last edited by longhorn : 26th May 2022 at 08:50.
Old 27th May 2022, 12:34   #144
Senior - BHPian

Since these are based on DNGA, my guess would be something on the lines of Toyota Veloz (check out video)

Yaris cross test mules are definitely confusing the people. If not Veloz, the car could definitely borrow the design elements and interior bits from this. Only changes I can see is on the rear, as these are being positioned as SUV and hence no 3rd row seating.
Old 27th May 2022, 16:09   #145
sbm
BHPian

It would be very good if this new SUV has a fascia similar to the Crysta because what we are seeing in the ACI images is totally uninspiring. Also, I don't think that the stance would be like the current gen S cross as depicted in ACI image because that is a major contributor to the low sales of S cross. May be it's my too wishful thinking but I think this is going to be a boxy, butch looking CSUV with loads of feature and 4 or 5 star crash test rating.
Old 27th May 2022, 19:50   #146
BHPian

Name is a bit awkward, can see people calling this the Toyota Hairdryer in the future

On a more serious note, I hope the mpv looks nothing like that autocar render, that is not a good looking car, the hyrider looks nice though.
Old 27th May 2022, 21:28   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Since these are based on DNGA, my guess would be something on the lines of Toyota Veloz (check out video)
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=CZM35hnJ9p4

Yaris cross test mules are definitely confusing the people. If not Veloz, the car could definitely borrow the design elements and interior bits from this. Only changes I can see is on the rear, as these are being positioned as SUV and hence no 3rd row seating.
I would say journalists has been parroting incorrect information. Judging by the spy shots, the YFG would not use DNGA, but it will use Suzuki Global C platform from the S-Cross instead. However it will be assembled by TKM since their Plant 2 has been operating way under capacity with the demise of the Corolla, Etios and Yaris. A separate DNGA mid-size SUV will be released for overseas markets mainly in ASEAN under Toyota and Perodua brand, and will adopt a coupe-like design (image in the article is purely speculation).

Spy shots of the YFG indicated that it uses Suzuki parts bin, like the door mirrors. Other Suzuki-ness I've seen is the thick borders of the windows, rectangle fuel door (DNGA cars use circular fuel door), front wipers (DNGA cars use frameless ones) and the wheel arches (Daihatsu prefers circle wheel arches, Suzuki prefers 'squircle' ones). The spy shots also proved that the rumours saying Suzuki and Toyota versions will not share the top hat is incorrect.

By using DNGA they would have to produce a new set of components not shared with any Toyota or Suzuki produced in India. That would create unnecessary costs. Note that a platform does not only involve the chassis but also involves electrical platform and so on. In fact, Toyota teaming up with Suzuki is probably a way to avoid introducing DNGA in India because it would require larger investment.
Astargea is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 21:37   #148
BHPian

Toyota dealers have no clue about the upcoming Hyryder. Had visited Shaw Toyota to check up on the Innova Crysta and when asked the sales guy displayed a look of complete ignorance. There have been no training sessions started. Now I know this person well as I purchased the Yaris from them. When a new car is launched I guess the training sessions start at least couple of months in advance. I was told that the launch is in 2023 and not 2022.
Old 29th May 2022, 23:34   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Toyota dealers have no clue about the upcoming Hyryder. Had visited Shaw Toyota to check up on the Innova Crysta and when asked the sales guy displayed a look of complete ignorance. There have been no training sessions started. Now I know this person well as I purchased the Yaris from them. When a new car is launched I guess the training sessions start at least couple of months in advance. I was told that the launch is in 2023 and not 2022.
Not so sure about that

In case of my dealer both my the service manger and head mechanic knew about the upcoming hybrid vehicles and told me to put off any kind of car purchase until they are here. While they might not know about the exact specific model that might be coming, they know that they are coming this year and are preparing for it.

Last edited by Black_Star : 29th May 2022 at 23:35.
Old 30th May 2022, 06:10   #150
BHPian

@Black_Star, thanks for the info. Looks like my contact is a great actor or only the top management is in the know of things
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks