Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 18:14   #331
BHPian

re: 2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!

What if Hyundai have a card up their sleeve and provide an option to toggle between digital cluster(as shown presently) and analog cluster (as provided in Tucson/Alcazar)? Afterall it is a digital display, layout could be played around with via a software update.

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 9th March 2023 at 18:15.
MyLife_MyCar is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 18:52   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai has revealed more details about Verna’s cabin.
Press Release

2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-smartselect_20230309185013_chrome.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 19:24   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
What if Hyundai have a card up their sleeve and provide an option to toggle between digital cluster(as shown presently) and analog cluster (as provided in Tucson/Alcazar)? Afterall it is a digital display, layout could be played around with via a software update.
It shouldn’t be difficult to achieve, aftermarket. Expect software mods for the same, just like engine remaps.
Old 9th March 2023, 20:52   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
It shouldn’t be difficult to achieve, aftermarket. Expect software mods for the same, just like engine remaps.
I'd be happy if I would be proved wrong but I doubt this. I think it's a totally different unit as compared to that one. This is a direct lift from the Carens and Venue. This just has ~4 inch coloured MID in the centre and the left and right areas just display digital numbers like on a digital watch from 2006. I doubt the entire surface area of the left and right sides would be usable to convert it to something that the Alcazar/Tucson get.
RaiAnish is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 22:30   #335
BHPian

The main selling point of the verna is none other than the features it has on offer. Seeing the pics of the interior, I'm 100% sure that it will sell only in the name of features. I don't know why but I find the switch for climate control and infotainment gimmcky. The overall interior design looks good but I'm not a fan of the AC controls. There are just too many buttons on offer. I would like my car's dashboard to have less buttons and a bit more simpler. In the same segment, Honda city 5th gen's AC controls are The best according to me. Overall looks like a decent car and would definetly sell in good numbers and this car might prove to be a segment revivor as we all know that sedan segment is a dying breed of cars and something exciting can only bring and attract customers towards this segment.
MotorDev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 03:01   #336
BHPian

Really like the switchable multimedia and climate controller!
Reminds me of luxury cars (had the previous gen A6 for some days which had a similar feature albeit it switched between temperature and fan settings)
and is far better than having a full touch unit without any knobs like in the VAG twins.
Nazaar25 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 07:48   #337
Senior - BHPian

A most useful feature that most car manufacturers miss is heated ORVMs. I dont know why this is not provided as mandatorily as an AC unit itself. With our levels of humidity and rainfall, it can be even a lifesaver on occasion !
fhdowntheline is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 08:29   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
The main selling point of the verna is none other than the features it has on offer. Seeing the pics of the interior, I'm 100% sure that it will sell only in the name of features. I don't know why but I find the switch for climate control and infotainment gimmcky. The overall interior design looks good but I'm not a fan of the AC controls. There are just too many buttons on offer. I would like my car's dashboard to have less buttons and a bit more simpler. In the same segment, Honda city 5th gen's AC controls are The best according to me. Overall looks like a decent car and would definetly sell in good numbers and this car might prove to be a segment revivor as we all know that sedan segment is a dying breed of cars and something exciting can only bring and attract customers towards this segment.
No offence, but all this even without driving the car? If i were you, I'd wait for the reviews to be published. The features are expected on any hyundai, but how are we even concluding the car is not comfy/sporty/balanced?
Naparajito is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 16:50   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
No offence, but all this even without driving the car? If i were you, I'd wait for the reviews to be published. The features are expected on any hyundai, but how are we even concluding the car is not comfy/sporty/balanced?
Hi, ofcourse the car will be better in reality. I just shared my opinion. I'm not saying that Verna is a bad car, I just told that how I felt about the car. I like the interior and I can say by the pic that it will be segment best. I never commented on space, performance etc. I just told that it will mainly sell on the name of features as if we see, the car has bose speakers, a beautiful screen etc. Features are a strong selling point of verna for sure.

Last edited by MotorDev : 10th March 2023 at 16:53.
MotorDev is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 08:45   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
This would be delightful, and fun

Frankly, as the teasers continue, I am liking the car. However, I have still not seen a definitive number for the GC, which would be important, considering the 180 mm GC of my present SX4 Zxi is so perfect!
Old 11th March 2023, 10:06   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivprasad View Post
This would be delightful, and fun

Frankly, as the teasers continue, I am liking the car. However, I have still not seen a definitive number for the GC, which would be important, considering the 180 mm GC of my present SX4 Zxi is so perfect!
+1 to the GC part, anything below 170mm would be of concern since Verna is not known for stiff suspension!

Looking at the 18kmpl mileage figures of Alcazar DCT, I am sure Verna would offer even more considering better aerodynamics.
Old 11th March 2023, 10:12   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
+1 to the GC part, anything below 170mm would be of concern since Verna is not known for stiff suspension.
Agree. They need to be closer to VW twins to make an impact. Otherwise keeping it low, like 165mm, may be a big negative considering people are moving to CSUVs.
Old 11th March 2023, 10:29   #343
BHPian

Hello, I test drove Verna in 2018 before buying City and my distant family members own Verna 2017, 2019, 2021 make. I & my daughter never like to sit on the back seat of Verna because there is no space at the back for anyone above 5 ft 7 inches height (I am 6ft & daughter is 5 ft 7 inches). Also rear seat is very low so not comfortable to sit for long. In addition Verna is comparatively expensive to maintain. Hyundai petrol engines (all petrol engines) are not fuel efficient.

New Verna will have highest wheelbase but earlier Verna also had similar wheelbase as Honda City, but it's high wheelbase don't translate to good rear seat space.

I feel new Verna will not be as promising as it should be for the Executive Sedan. Those who see City or Slavia won't consider Verna. However, feature wise I wonder how Hyundai provide such long list of features at the same price where others can't even come close to it.
Old 11th March 2023, 11:51   #344
Senior - BHPian

Funny to see a few posts talking about need for high GC in the Verna. Meanwhile people over at Virtus/Slavia threads are cribbing about the high GC and some have even already lowered their cars

Just an observation as to customer demands/expectations
deathwalkr is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 13:44   #345
BHPian

Our market has very modest demands:
1. High GC but must look hot and be aerodynamic
2. Spacious but easy to manoeuvre in Traffic and easy to park
3. Powerful, fast acceleration but great mileage
4. Quick shifting automatic gearbox with rock solid reliability and low maintenance cost

All of the above at a “value” price point. And please do not skimp on essential features like a vanity mirror, a felt covered sunglass holder or soft plastics at the bottom of the footwell.
Silverfire is offline   (31) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks