Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2023, 07:55   #436
BHPian

re: 2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!

I don't see anyone talking about the start/stop button yet.
I feel it's the most convenient placement that i have seen in any car - right behind the steering wheel and upward facing, farthest from the reach of children.

It should be even easy to find/feel this button with eyes closed.

Last edited by MyLife_MyCar : 20th March 2023 at 07:56. Reason: Corrected for grammar
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 09:55   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
I don't see anyone talking about the start/stop button yet.
I feel it's the most convenient placement that i have seen in any car - right behind the steering wheel and upward facing, farthest from the reach of children.

It should be even easy to find/feel this button with eyes closed.
Agree. Love the placement of the button.
ulag62442 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 09:59   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
What an interior! ... The perceived quality looks way better than VW Group sedans too!
This car seriously makes VW Group sedans look at least 5 years old already, especially in the interior!.
Agree. The main factor that stopped me from buying the Slavia was the interiors just didnt feel like a car you have plonked 20+ Lakhs on. Esp after they changed the infotainment display and removed the sub-woofer. And having a physical brake even in the top end 1.5 was a disappointment. And the Virtus interior was similar but slight worse in my perspective due to the way the infotainment system was embedded along with all that piano black panels.

Having said that, while the Verna interior is comparatively a step up in many aspects, I do think the infotainment screen looks more plasticky and has too wide bezels which they should have avoided.

Last edited by ulag62442 : 20th March 2023 at 10:05.
ulag62442 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 12:05   #439
BHPian

The interiors don’t look too bad (actually pretty nice and way better than VW/Škoda recent 2.0 offerings) - barring that ugly two-spoke steering wheel!! Definitely reminds you of those ancient Marutis and it’s certainly taking away some feel good factor from it.
Old 20th March 2023, 12:16   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Agree. The main factor that stopped me from buying the Slavia was the interiors just didnt feel like a car you have plonked 20+ Lakhs on. Esp after they changed the infotainment display and removed the sub-woofer. And having a physical brake even in the top end 1.5 was a disappointment. And the Virtus interior was similar but slight worse in my perspective due to the way the infotainment system was embedded along with all that piano black panels.

Having said that, while the Verna interior is comparatively a step up in many aspects, I do think the infotainment screen looks more plasticky and has too wide bezels which they should have avoided.
You have censured the interiors of most mid segment sedans. What exactly is your idea of a good interior?
Old 20th March 2023, 12:17   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
the Virtus interior was similar but slight worse in my perspective due to the way the infotainment system was embedded along with all that piano black panels... I do think the infotainment screen looks more plasticky and has too wide bezels which they should have avoided.
I have an absolutely different opinion. Simply love the way Virtus interior looks as compared to this except the ambient lighting. The ambient lighting on this seems to be segments above! But nothing apart from that makes this better. The infotainment integrated in dash looks much better and cleaner I think. It hides any bezels, does not interfere with your view. I hate the screens that just stick out. Although this Verna one is not as bad as the Seltos or Grand Vitara types that just stick out of the dash completely.

Don't even want to mention the instrument cluster again. Totally a deal breaker! Current i20 and previous Verna got much much better one.

The continuity of the Virtus interiors like current gens Audi are beautiful looking in my opinion. (Ofcourse we would've liked it to be of better quality and slightly better looking AC vents - those are just too plain but over all - Classy!)
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-screenshot_20220421164950_instagram.jpg  

Last edited by RaiAnish : 20th March 2023 at 12:19. Reason: Needed to add some more content.
RaiAnish is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 12:28   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
This car seriously makes VW Group sedans look at least 5 years old already, especially in the interior!.
Not at all it doesn't! Apart from the ambient lighting, there is nothing extraordinary in the interiors to declare it better than the VAG twins in terms of looks. In addition, the 2 huge screens plonked on top of the dashboard will be a huge distraction, and those thick plastic bezels around the touchscreen make it look really cheap.
But yes, the extra soft touch materials in the Verna does uplift it's otherwise overdone interiors.
TechnoBloop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 12:39   #443
BHPian

Hello, being a sedan guy, I am delighted that auto makers are concentrating on sedan.

Verna's look may not be of everyone's liking, but it is good that they are brining new Verna with all the bells & whistles and cherry on the cake is slightly more legroom for the rear passengers (my guess from the pics). I think it will be very similar to Slavia or Virtus. I am not very sure how low rear seats will be as previous Verna's rear seats were very low to sit.

I think sedan offer better value than CSUVs under 20 lacs. I will be happy to see currently offered sedan bring back those old months when most of them sell nearly 3k to 5k a month.

All the best to Verna for the launch, hope Hyundai price is competitive and bring smile to sedan lovers.

Last edited by GoBabyGo : 20th March 2023 at 13:02.
GoBabyGo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 13:03   #444
BHPian

Not really a fan of the design.

The steering looks chunky and weird.
That infotainment screen has huge bezels. Screen estate wastage.
That HUD has been borrowed from the other cars in the Hyundai lineup and hence makes the car lack exclusivity.
Those aircon vent levers look needlessly chunky again.

Very meh!
TSI_Exhaust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 13:06   #445
BANNED

Has someone figured out on what platform will the Verna based on?
Old 20th March 2023, 13:07   #446
BHPian

Looking at the latest pictures, I am extremely happy with myself for buying the last of the previous generation Verna 7 months back. I had big hopes when I saw the renders, only now realised they consciously masked the bad bits.

The two spoke steering looks so bad, first Skoda and now Hyundai.

2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-258cac3d32b246d19017e9af47bc045f.jpeg

Last edited by Shanksta : 20th March 2023 at 13:08.
Shanksta is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 15:26   #447
BHPian

Let the car come out and we see a proper pic before passing on. XUV 7OO spy pics gave a very bad impression of its design, which proved wrong after we all saw the car in real.
Silver Knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 15:42   #448

Personally, I am glad that India's 2nd largest automaker is channeling its efforts into a sedan. The design is pretty polarising and will take some time for owners to get used to, but the powertrain and features just might be able to reinvigorate the sedan segment.

I just hope that this propels Maruti to start working on the 2nd gen Ciaz, which has been long overdue.
PWRUP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 15:49   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiAnish View Post
I have an absolutely different opinion. Simply love the way Virtus interior looks as compared to this except the ambient lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoBloop View Post
Not at all it doesn't! Apart from the ambient lighting, there is nothing extraordinary in the interiors to declare it better than the VAG twins in terms of looks.
I guess interiors are also subjective, just like exteriors. IMO the verna interior looks far more better than the VW twins. Again, I feel the Virtus interior looks way better than Slavia, same with Taigun and Kushaq.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 16:59   #450

Hope this new-gen Verna pulls people back from the CSUV segment. The black interiors look lovely! I just wish those red lines on the dashboard were LEDs
hitman30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks