Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2023, 20:47   #571
BHPian

re: 2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
So I went to the Hyundai showroom today to checkout the Verna. There was absolutely not a single fly or crow around (to translate a tamil proverb meaning it was empty/lonely). I thought there would have been atleast a few people checking out the car but I was the only one and that meant I got some good time to check out the car and its details. The display car was red in color and I must say the car looks good
Hi. I noticed you are from Chennai, was this showroom in Chennai? If yes which one? If you don't mind.

TIA
Old 21st March 2023, 20:48   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Hi. I noticed you are from Chennai, was this showroom in Chennai? If yes which one? If you don't mind.

TIA
This was a showroom in Bengaluru. I moved there a few years back. I haven't updated my bio yet.
ulag62442 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 20:52   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Well Skoda VW alive then ... 165mm gc is good news for them
Well, another dealer says the GC is 170 mm. Not sure which figure is correct and why Hyundai hasn't mentioned it in the brochure.

White DRLs in the front doesn't suit or help the white color to stand out. I feel the same with Red color when it comes to the rear. Red connected DRLs in the rear looks great in other colors but RED color.
So I would say Verna looks best in Black, Grey and Dark Blue.
ndinesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 20:54   #574
BHPian

Skoda VW has 179mm gc
Old 21st March 2023, 21:17   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post

2) I am gobsmacked by the ARAI figures. If it is real, wouldn't that be a game-changer? Unless Hyundai ARAI and real-time figures are having huge parity.
The ARAI claimed mileage for Creta DCT was 17kmpl but based upon mileage tests and owner review it returns a meagre 9 to 11Kmpl in mixed condition. It would be interesting to see how true the claimed mileage of 20kmpl for Verna DCT actually returns. If I were a prospective buyer I would not expect a mileage of more than 13kmpl in mixed condition and 7-9kmpl in B2B. Since this car doesn't feature active cylinder deactivation which its german rivals get. And Hyundai's auto gearboxes are known guzzlers be it DCT, CVT or even the AMT.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st March 2023 at 21:23. Reason: Typos, grammar. Fixed quote. Please proofread before posting.
Sanket299 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 21:26   #576

Going against the tide by saying this, but I've warmed up to the way it looks now. Still, the Virtus looks the best in this segment from my viewpoint but love the way Verna just stands out. Fingers crossed for a N line variant in the future.

Really hope that Hyundai has not compromised in the crash structure like with Creta. The equipment, engine and transmission options are definitely a major draw.

Interior looks to be pretty nice but wish there was an all-black option for every variant. The ambient lights definitely add to the "wow" factor a bit. Two spoke steering actually looks nice if you view this car in a "non-sporty" way if that makes sense.

On another note, love seeing the sedan segment receiving some spotlight in this price range .
RaceCyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 21:39   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

New Hyundai Verna bags 8,000 bookings.

Quote:
Hyundai opened bookings for the 2023 Verna sedan back in February and its booking tally currently stands at over 8,000 units on launch day. The turbo petrol variants account for 25% of the total Verna bookings whereas the normal petrol variant account for the rest.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 21:50   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
New Hyundai Verna bags 8,000 bookings.

Link
I'm really curious to see which C2 sedan loses its share to Verna. In my opinion, City buyers are usually family men type (I'm a City owner myself) looking for an executive sedan, so they might not be tempted by this car. While the Slavia/Virtus 1.5 crowd looking for a young & sporty sedan might be the most interested in this new generation of Verna. The next few months of car sales figures for the C2 segment should be interesting.
Old 21st March 2023, 22:11   #579
BHPian

For me, SX Turbo DCT seemed to be VFM at ₹19.8L OTR, Hyderabad and features available in SX Turbo DCT would suffice my needs very much as I don't find ADAS necessary IMO.

This or Virtus DSG would be the potential replacement for my 2014 City iDTEC, which we'd be replacing it in another 6-12 months time frame since it'll be turning 10 next year (bought pre-owned in 2017).

And, BTW, I spotted the new Verna non turbo variant in grey colour at Banjara Hills road no 12 today when I had some work and TBH, darker colours make this gen Verna hotter and the front reminded me of Kia EV6.
Old 21st March 2023, 22:42   #580
BHPian

It feels strange how with successive new launches, Hyundai India is getting worse at delivering a balanced design — is it really that tough an ask in today’s CAD and other advanced design aids.

Although design/styling is subjective of a prospective buyer’s taste, this is far from being a generally likeable design. HMIL lost the plot with the Creta, and they're repeating that with the 2023 Verna.

Given they are not a small time modification/custom design house and ob the contrary having access to large scale resources as a big manufacturer, what’s with the overdone design elements, cuts, creases running amok in all possible sides of the body work?!!

The all-new Verna barely manages to look like one project. Utter lack of coherence/cohesiveness but for mismatched bits stitched together—looks like bits from different cars being force-fitted to create a sorry excuse of a car (design).

On a lighter note, couldn’t help but share this ( uncanny resemblance/design inspired by a popular TikTok-er it appears 😉 )
Mods: kindly remove it if you find it unsuitable for this forum, hopefully not)
Attached Thumbnails
2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-da23e3f0423e44b3ab4a5697184cfb89.jpeg  

2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-e27bb02b7de4425a9ea062487217afb9.jpeg  

Sen_auto_sation is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 22:44   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Polarizing designs = half of your customers love it, half of your customers hate it. But the 50% that favour it are fiercely in love with it. In a segment of sedans that is shrinking (thanks to SUVs), one needs to be bold. After all, you can't fight the Honda City by being a Honda City clone. You need to stand out. Better you are remembered by 50% of your target market than be forgotten by 100% of them .

I think Hyundai has got that covered. It will definitely get a lot of attention & eyeballs. The '23 Verna will bring some excitement to the C2 sedan segment which hasn't seen action in a long time.
If i could ask you, what would you pick?

This or a strong hybrid grand vitara (for the same money, given that it is a city ride most of the time)
Old 21st March 2023, 22:47   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
Does ADAS really work in our conditions like it should? Our traffic patterns and driving style are very random and erratic. ADAS systems work well where traffic and driving patterns are less random.
Although it would not be that apt for the conditions now but since we buy our rides for a longer duration of time it would be surely beneficial in the times to come. The environment on the roads as on date is not what was before and I am optimistic that it would improve in future.
jacobsam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 23:01   #583
BHPian

In another 6-8 months, I will be going for a sedan or a C-SUV (bit confused). I was waiting to see how verna would turn up and in dark colours, it looks ok. The ARAI figures quoted are good if they are true. I am looking for a mileage ride with low running with occasional long drives in range of 350-2000KMs. Would like it to have good comfort and equally good riding attributes.
My readings on team-bhp as of now is keeping me around Toyota Hyrider/Honda City Hybrid 2023. Closely viewing the real world mileage and ride feedbacks on verna.
Also secretly hoping that festival seasons brings in some sane discounts on some of these unrealistically prices sedans.

Last edited by jacobsam : 21st March 2023 at 23:03. Reason: spelling mistake and to add some points
Old 21st March 2023, 23:13   #584
BHPian

Oh boy! The exterior, the interior and the puny wheels look downright ugly. Hyundai should not have tinkered with its timeless design. The infinity tail lamps which they are trying to ape from VAG on their cars also look cheesy.

Nowadays OEMs are increasing the screen size in the car without realising the pitfalls. Let’s hope they get 5 star crash test results, otherwise this car will look like the “Betal” of Vikram Betal stories!
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 00:00   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
A little OT, so please excuse me.

Am I the only one that feels that cars are getting unnecessarily complicated in the cabin? I mean the distractions that are in front of you, with multiple screens, touch screens, voice commands which don't recognise what you're saying, does no one find them distracting and sometimes downright scary especially on our roads?

I'm 40 and a hardcore car enthusiast and drive myself. I find it increasingly difficult to focus on driving modern cars. I drove my friend's new Scorpio N on an out of town trip yesterday. Thankfully, that car does has some buttons for major functions but you still have to use the touchscreen occasionally, taking your eyes away from the road while piloting a rather large car.

I don't know but I feel engineers are complicating cars unnecessarily. It's not a video game where you can start again once the game 'ends'.

I honestly miss the Maruti 800 days when I learnt driving. All we needed were a rear view mirror and perhaps an ac.
People these days are just asking for larger screens in all types of cars. Even in this forum mutiple people have complained about the ICE screen being a small on their cars. A small 8 inch display is more than enough for a car. Rest of the controls should be with physical buttons as mentioned by you. Less screen time means you focus more on the actual driving experience.
Sabertooth93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks