Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2023, 20:58   #256
BHPian

re: 2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!

Seeing the recent cars from Hyundai, I get the feeling that Hyundai has lost the plot on designing pleasing cars that look stylish. I love the Verna as a brand - I hope the car looks better in person.
Mechanto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 21:47   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
and finally to this:
Attachment 2423528
Except for some sharp tail-light edges, the car looks very squarish/boxy which is a good thing actually - and may look very pleasing to the eyes in reality.

Last edited by MaanSingh : 27th February 2023 at 21:49.
Old 27th February 2023, 22:04   #258
Senior - BHPian

The very fact that Hyundai has worked up so much curiosity just on leaked pictures and renders shows that their strategy is off to a great start. Mind you this is also a model going back a couple of decades almost. I also get a sense that people are now yearning to see some decently stylish sedans instead of the brawny SUVs. How it translates to sales is anyone's guess.
fhdowntheline is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 22:21   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post

1) Min 4 star rating with good build quality
Expectations are already down.
itsbaman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 22:25   #260
BHPian

My bad, I confused Verna with Sonata/Elantra. It's true Verna doesn't seem to be present in US/CA. I seem to have some loss of memory/corruption in my head!
Old 27th February 2023, 22:38   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
It's true Verna doesn't seem to be present in US/CA.
The last two generations of the Verna were actually sold as the Hyundai Accent. The model was discontinued there a while ago though, no idea if the new one will make it there.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 07:10   #262
BHPian

LMAO. It makes much more sense now.

I was wondering when the Verna, the little Verna, became some sort of C-Class competitor.

With great hype comes an even greater fall. But that's the internet. The usual Hyundai customer will lap up the design and features. Maybe call it "robocool" or "iVerna" or something, just to be sure.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th February 2023 at 16:39. Reason: Edited for better readability
Old 28th February 2023, 10:20   #263
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Hyundai Verna Undisguised pics!
Really Hyundai.
The ongoing Verna looks more mature than this one. It looks like a toy car to me. Maybe they want to do a common design for EV and ICE.
Old 28th February 2023, 10:53   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Smallest Hyundai sedan currently selling in the USA is Elantra. I do not remember seeing Verna/Accent in the USA (May be old Accent (gen1) sold in India was sold there as well, but not sure).
True. I owned the older Accent in the early 2000s in the US. It was sold as a sub-compact and gave excellent mileage. Something ridiculous also like a 100000 mile /10 year power terrain warranty and 60000 mile / 5 year bumper-bumper coverage.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 12:25   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Case in point here is Creta, I still remember the feedback in this forum when 2nd gen Creta was initially revealed in China; while everyone bashed Hyundai for spoiling the 1st gen Creta looks, Hyundai rewrote history with massive success with 2nd gen aswell. So let's wait for official images, what's on offer, and the price before getting disappointed.
The thing is just because new Creta is a sales success doesn't make it a good looking car. In my eyes it's still as ugly as it was the first time I saw it (no offence to owners). Creta is a successful model here because of the overall package like the electronic gizmos, mileage, engine gearbox options, Hyundai after sales which are still better than say Tata, Skoda etc. and the best resale value. Most people are not enthusiast and they buy cars to travel from A to B based on back of the page calculations rather than purely on looks alone. If that was the case then cars like Polo, Punto would have been best sellers in India.

Coming back to the topic I never had high expectations from the current Hyundai design team and the car looks weird in these pictures. Once we see it in person we'll be able to know better. The front definitely seems like inspired from some Chinese EV. The rear looks like a grown up Aura. Let's wait for the launch before passing any verdict here.
Carpainter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 13:17   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
Ok, the design is polarizing and I am not on either side before seeing the car in person. Hyundai is known for coming up with unconventional designs which will be an eye sore for our eyes initially but once the dust settles down they will be accepted by people. Case in point here is Creta, I still remember the feedback in this forum when 2nd gen Creta was initially revealed in China; while everyone bashed Hyundai for spoiling the 1st gen Creta looks, Hyundai rewrote history with massive success with 2nd gen aswell. So let's wait for official images, what's on offer, and the price before getting disappointed.
See, the first thing to note is that the segment of creta and verna are completely different. For eg: A buyer in the compact suv segment mainly looks for features. This is the reason creta and seltos top the sales chart. Creta was a hot seller from day one.

If you see Verna, it comes under the sedan segment and the sales are already low in this segment. A normal customer in this segment looks for safety, comfort, dynamics and most importantly looks of the sedan. Verna is already defamed for safety,dynamics,comfort.

The Verna's strong selling point was a diesel engine and its looks. Now they lost both of the following. So what I want to say is that, there is nothing much to say about the new verna. Hyundai already got the looks and safety recipe of the new Verna wrong. I don't expect it to be a handler like slavia or virtus too.

The only point where the verna will excel compared to the other cars in the sedan segment is features. I don't think Verna can sell in good numbers only because of features as the customers who buy sedans usually are more intrested in safety and driving dynamics along with comfort.
MotorDev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 13:19   #267
BHPian

If the Verna has gone into production right now, can someone estimate when deliveries will start based on general trends of other cars?
Old 28th February 2023, 14:14   #268
BHPian

Will hold my judgement till I see the official pictures and most importantly, the car in person.
But even now, I can easily say that the new design is nowhere close to the clean and timeless one of the current version.

A quick comparison of the new vs mine-
2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-259b15abae214f00b9a60ecb4dc5cdcc.jpeg
2023 Hyundai Verna launched at 10.9 lakhs!-ea17dca17110472db266efe53a79a466.jpeg

I know it’s not a fair comparison (difference in quality & angle) but you can still get an idea.
Nazaar25 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 16:10   #269
Senior - BHPian

What is with this crappy design of joining tail lights with a slim LED?!?
Is it just the Indian designers who can do one thing without missing a queue,

COPY

I totally agree to the fact that appearance or design of a car is totally subjective, but it is really obvious that this way of designing the rear mostly works for SUV's.

European designers are leagues ahead as they know the difference between disruptive and repulsive!!
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 17:23   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorDev View Post
See, the first thing to note is that the segment of creta and verna are completely different. For eg: A buyer in the compact suv segment mainly looks for features. This is the reason creta and seltos top the sales chart. Creta was a hot seller from day one.

If you see Verna, it comes under the sedan segment and the sales are already low in this segment. A normal customer in this segment looks for safety, comfort, dynamics and most importantly looks of the sedan. Verna is already defamed for safety,dynamics,comfort.
Do you mean to say, compact SUV buyers, don't look for safety?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks