Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:06   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal rathee View Post
RTE (real time emissions) norms kicking in from 1st April’2023.
With Skoda rumoured to be pulling the plug on Octavia and Superb even in TSI guise(TDI non existing anyways), the writing on the wall is clear for most diesels. If anyone still aspires to own a new high capacity diesel, this may well be the last and final chance.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:10   #107
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
With Skoda rumoured to be pulling the plug on Octavia and Superb even in TSI guise(TDI non existing anyways), the writing on the wall is clear for most diesels. If anyone still aspires to own a new high capacity diesel, this may well be the last and final chance.
...after 10 years forget 'resale value' you may not be able to re-register it, it may have to be taken straight to the scrap yard...There goes that Rs 50L Fortuner...
Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:20   #108
BANNED

2 days back I visited the Toyota dealer at Meerut (Uttar Pradesh) and the sales girl there who dealt with us confirmed 2 things:
1) They have a few diesel cars in stock which they can deliver
2) They aren’t accepting Fortuner D bookings too.

Would request the BHPians from other parts of the country too to once confirm if they have entirely stopped the Fortuner D bookings too or are discouraging it. Same trend has been observed in Delhi, Punjab and Haryana too. While some have still accepted Fortuner bookings, seems to be a case of confusion even among the dealers too!

Last edited by VKumar : 23rd August 2022 at 08:22.
Old 23rd August 2022, 08:58   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Would request the BHPians from other parts of the country too to once confirm if they have entirely stopped the Fortuner D bookings too or are discouraging it.
Personally heard this in a face 2 face conversation from Harsha Toyota, Hyderabad couple of days ago. They have indeed STOPPED taking Fortuner Diesel bookings (not Innova, Fortuner)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
...after 10 years forget 'resale value' you may not be able to re-register it, it may have to be taken straight to the scrap yard...There goes that Rs 50L Fortuner...
Cannot agree more. Buying a car so expensive (not just the Fortuner) with a limited life span would then heavily depend on how well we can play the game selling and buying at the right time. A smart owner would sell their Fortuner at the right time to an agent and that agent would siphon off the Fortuner to another city and smartly transfer the long term headache to another unsuspecting owner saying "Don't worry sir, there is no such restriction on such cars in your city". The headache and constant tension would keep changing hands. Not everyone is smart to take all right decisions at the right time, otherwise everyone would have made a killing in stock markets.

Plus the limited life span ends in nothing short of scrapping with no alternative! Would Toyota replace the Diesel engine with a Petrol or Hybrid or Electric power train after 10 years at a cost? NO!.
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:17   #110
Senior - BHPian

Having just spent close to 50 big ones on a Fortuner a couple of weeks back, I was uneasy with these developments. So I contacted a friend who is the CEO of one of the largest suppliers to TKM. He just called me back to say that as re the Fortuner, Toyota is in the process of upgrading the Diesel engine to meet with the RTE norms and we should see those fortuners in showrooms by Feb '23. There is NO plan to discontinue the diesel Fortuner. what will be discontinued next year is the petrol fortuner, to be replaced by the new Hybrid petrol option.
himanshugoswami is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:54   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Toyota is in the process of upgrading the Diesel engine to meet with the RTE norms and we should see those fortuners in showrooms by Feb '23.
Would TKM follow the same approach for the Innova? Would be great to know on that since lot of bhpians are sitting on the fence.
Old 23rd August 2022, 13:08   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
He just called me back to say that as re the Fortuner, Toyota is in the process of upgrading the Diesel engine to meet with the RTE norms and we should see those fortuners in showrooms by Feb '23.
Good news from credible source. Did he say what happens to folks who bought it before Feb'23? Will Toyota add some kits to make is RTE compliant?
Old 23rd August 2022, 13:19   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalClank View Post
Good news from credible source. Did he say what happens to folks who bought it before Feb'23? Will Toyota add some kits to make is RTE compliant?
I dont think RTE compliance will be bolt on, else TKM would to be discontinuing bookings to rework on the engine. It may take significant re-engineering. I am guessing a significant price jump as well. But, that is just conjecture on my part.
Old 23rd August 2022, 13:53   #114

Came across this article on Toyota's Hybrid systems manufacturing plans for India.
https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...ia-2022-08-22/
Old 23rd August 2022, 19:18   #115
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross

Quote:
Toyota will take the wraps off the much-awaited Innova Hycross sometime in November 2022, just after Diwali. Prices will likely be announced in January 2023.
Name:  20220823063547_20220516020518_Toyota renderimg 6.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  80.0 KB

Source
Venkatesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 07:13   #116
BHPian

Select dealerships in Mumbai still have a few diesel crystas in stock but they will try to cross sell all sorts of unnecessary accessories etc.if you want to book one. I was about to book the top end diesel but am now in two minds - is it worth spending on what is perhaps a clear outgoing model ? On the other hand I won’t be surprised if the diesel crystas sell at a crazy premium in the secondary markets, in the event Toyota discontinues the diesel variants. Toyota diesels are legendary - I still spot a few Qualis” s in the rural belts.
raghuveerk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th August 2022, 16:10   #117
Senior - BHPian

There was similar chatter before the launch of Hyryder. Where Toyota will place this car? Whether this was replacement for Crysta..so on and so forth..! Putting end to all speculations they placed new Hyryder along with Urban Cruiser as a new hybrid focussed segment.

I think the same strategy, they will follow for Crysta and Fortuner as well. There will be new hybrid segments for both Innova (Hycross) and Fortuner (?). Both Crysta and Fortuner diesel variants will be around for some more time till Toyota tests the market for hybrids. They may upgrade the diesel engine for stringent norms. Petrol variant may be discontinued.

So if some one has booked diesel Crysta or Fortuner and if they love the car they booked, I don't think there is any need at all to reconsider the decision.

I got my Crysta in Apr 2022 and don't give a damn about these rumours. I loved the car and was best suited for my needs. I don't care about resale or future readiness.

Last edited by poloman : 24th August 2022 at 16:13.
poloman is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 11:12   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

The borderline luddite denier that I am, I refused to believe that the current BoF Innova would be phased out for the new monocoque one. But the unofficial stopping of the Innova diesel booking and the recent push in Toyota company and dealers social media pages for the petrol Innova was a strong jolt to me.

Again, maybe they are readying the Innova diesel for the BS6.2 or RDE or whatever is coming next year. Or they maybe making space for the Hycross for a few months before reintroducing the Innova diesel. Until I read this..
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIAT3031 View Post
AFAIK The current Gen Innova Crysta will continue offering the Diesel Engine (which is already RDE compliant) while the new Innova will only be offered only in Petrol/ Strong Hybrid.
... why don't we think differently.

Toyota is not going to stop diesels anytime soon. They are not stupid enough to launch a brand new diesel engine (LC 3.3l V6) in 2021 if so. The GD series 2.4l and 2.8l are still being sold in Europe. They are looking at mild hybrid/hybrid adoption for the GD family of engines.

BUT

The 2.7l petrol TR engine is already a couple of decades old. And if we trace lineage it would be based on some engines developed in the 80s!!! The next gen Tacoma/ 4Runner in the North America atleast is rumoured to get the new 2.4l turbo petrol. So maybe they don't want to upgrade the TR engine for the upcoming norms. TKM might be trying tro clear stock of the 2.7l petrol engines if any that they might have imported.

Summary.
The diesel Innova will make a come back with repositioning, with the 2.7l engine phased out.
Petrol buyers and NCR customers can buy the new petrol/petrol hybrid Innova Hycross/Zenix.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 13:25   #119
BHPian

Re: Next-generation Toyota Innova spotted in India

Heard from dealer source that Crysta Diesel bookings have been stopped till Dec'22 which is confirmed through this news article. It is mentioned that the bookings are stopped to "prepare the assembly line and supply chain network for the next gen Innova".

Diesel option has been removed from Toyota India's official website as well.
Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023-innova.png
Innysta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 13:05   #120
Senior - BHPian

Toyota issues statement on pause in Innova Crysta diesel booking

Toyota dealerships across India stopped taking orders for the Innova Crysta Diesel earlier this month. The carmaker has now issued an official statement regarding the temporary halt in bookings of the Diesel variants.

Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023-innovacrystaexteriorrightfrontthreequarter3.jpeg

Official statement:

Quote:
The Toyota Innova, TKM’s flagship offering in India has come a long way ever since its introduction in 2005. Having created a niche of its own, the versatile segment leading Innova has always remained a notch above when compared to other models in the segment. Over the years, the vehicle has undergone several enhancements be it luxury, comfort or performance features, in order to meet the ever-changing needs of the Indian customers. Similarly, the second generation Innova Crysta, continues to win customer hearts, being a segment leader itself. Having found its home in close to 1 million households in India the brand Innova has become synonymous to Quality, Durability & Reliability and is widely preferred by customers from both personal & commercial segments.

However, due to very high demand pattern which has resulted in an increased waiting period for the diesel variant of Innova Crysta, TKM has decided to temporarily stop taking orders for the diesel variant. As a customer centric company, we are making efforts to supply the vehicles to customers who have already made bookings with our dealers. However, we will continue to take order for Petrol variant of Innova Crysta.
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th August 2022 at 13:06.
TusharK is online now   (27) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks