Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2023, 15:06   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: KA HC allows BH series to private employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
2. In the case of private companies only Directors of the company having offices in 4 or more states are allowed to take BH series number.

4. Employees of private companies having offices in more than 4 states still do not get BH series.
And the bureaucracy never fails to shock us. Time and again.

I wonder what law/ rules provide for such discrimination. Or is it related to the fact that 'Directors' may have easier reach or face-value with people in echelons of power.
Old 30th October 2023, 15:40   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
And the bureaucracy never fails to shock us. Time and again.

I wonder what law/ rules provide for such discrimination. Or is it related to the fact that 'Directors' may have easier reach or face-value with people in echelons of power.
The reasons are simple.

1) BH series is now taken as a status symbol. Babus /Army people are alloted this.
2) For that, they have to show it as exclusive.
3) In India, you have to be somebody , to be given something new.

This is why , BH series was never the solution of our problem.
Old 1st November 2023, 14:36   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
The reasons are simple.

1) BH series is now taken as a status symbol. Babus /Army people are alloted this.
2) For that, they have to show it as exclusive.
3) In India, you have to be somebody , to be given something new.

This is why , BH series was never the solution of our problem.
This issue is limited to certain states/ jurisdictions only, mostly those with exorbitantly high Road Tax structure to milk the public. I have seen friends getting BH registration done quite easily in legitimate manner in other states.

So, BH series is good step, tied down in bureaucratic system by looters of public.
AutoNoob is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2023, 14:47   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Yes - Usually it is from the date we get the certified copy. So post Nov 2nd.
We're past the Nov 2 deadline.
@Nomad: Do you know if the state govt. filed an appeal with SC? Thanks in advance!
Old 5th November 2023, 21:27   #140
BHPian

The state government hasn’t filed appeal yet and the legit deadline has passed. Having said, our country is strange with no respite for a commoner. So it all possibility they will go to Supreme Court pleading “condonation of delay” and court will happily allow it.

I am going ahead with filing contempt of court case coming week. Let’s see!
Nomad is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 18:51   #141

Quote:
The state government hasn’t filed appeal yet and the legit deadline has passed. Having said, our country is strange with no respite for a commoner. So it all possibility they will go to Supreme Court pleading “condonation of delay” and court will happily allow it.

Can you please share an update on this case? Any idea whether State Transport Department is filing SLP before Hon. SC, or issuing notification in line with High Court order.. TIA
Old 23rd November 2023, 19:00   #142

Quote:

Dear Nomad,

Thanks for leading this effort.
If you need additional help in such efforts, I would be happy to help.
Wayfarer_2023 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 11:30   #143

Quote:

Could you please share an update on this? Thank you so much for your efforts 🙏
ForzaItalia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 19:47   #144
BHPian

Update on KA BH - Filed Civil Contempt of Court Petition yesterday. Hoping no office objections come in way. Will move an IA as early as possible for a hearing before Honourable High Court goes on vacation.

Will keep you all posted. Thanks to many of you who offered help and moral support!

Last edited by Nomad : 5th December 2023 at 19:48.
Nomad is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 16:38   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
2. In the case of private companies only Directors of the company having offices in 4 or more states are allowed to take BH series number.

3. In transfer cases (purchase of second hand vehicles) the NOC from the original RTO is needed (we know that anyway) and then the qualifications above and a depreciated value of the road tax.
Hello Rajain. I’ve been struggling with this and no RTO in Bangalore has been helpful. We are buying a car from West Bengal and trying to get a BH registration, but to no avail.

Would you be kind enough to put me in touch with this contact who can help me with the BH re-registration in Bangalore? Would really appreciate it!

Best,
Anan
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:30   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananbanka View Post
Hello Rajain. I’ve been struggling with this and no RTO in Bangalore has been helpful. We are buying a car from West Bengal and trying to get a BH registration, but to no avail.

Best,
Anan
This is an unfortunate stage, KA RTOs arent allowing any BH registrations.

Alternatively, one of my friends recently got his XUV purchased and BH registration done in WB, he is living and working in Bangalore in a PVT company with offices in 4 states and then got the car shipped to Bangalore via a Transport company. You may wanna try this option.
Old 24th December 2023, 02:11   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Alternatively, one of my friends recently got his XUV purchased and BH registration done in WB...
Likewise. Earlier this year, I got it from Delhi RTO. Drove down to Bangalore. Heard another colleague get it from another state too. (I think Gujarat)
Old 24th December 2023, 07:02   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfog View Post
Likewise. Earlier this year, I got it from Delhi RTO. Drove down to Bangalore. Heard another colleague get it from another state too.
Sorry to be asking a naive and rude question but if you live and work in Bangalore, how can you get a car registered in Delhi, that too using a BH series which is linked to your employment. To my mind, you are doing something that is clearly illegal. If you live in a state, you need to pay taxes determined by that state’s government. Or litigate to prove that the tax should not be levied. You can’t give a fake address - that is tantamount to fraud. Am also amazed how the Delhi RTO is issuing BH plates to people who don’t live or work in Delhi.
Old 24th December 2023, 07:45   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

@Hayek: my unsolicited inputs is that these addresses are not ‘fake’ de facto nor de juris. Most people maintain unassailable legal proof of address at their hometown AND work in pan-India entities. In such specific cases, I see no illegality in principle or mind in getting a BH registration.

In my case, I could have easily got my XL6 registered in CCU but desisted as it was not worth the hassle and logistics.

It it not the same as procuring patently fake petrol bills and PUCs from your home state to ‘legalise’ keeping an out of state car beyond the stipulated period in another state.

For example, in both my wife and my careers, we have ample have proof & history in the other State & have a (theoretically) transferable job!

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th December 2023 at 08:03.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 09:29   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Sorry to be asking a naive and rude question but if you live and work in Bangalore, how can you get a car registered in Delhi, that too using a BH series which is linked to your employment. To my mind, you are doing something that is clearly illegal. If you live in a state, you need to pay taxes determined by that state’s government. Or litigate to prove that the tax should not be levied. You can’t give a fake address - that is tantamount to fraud. Am also amazed how the Delhi RTO is issuing BH plates to people who don’t live or work in Delhi.
It is not per-say Illegal, People have dual homes in multiple states and legally they can own cars in those states.

Yes, there are also examples of people mis-interpreting the legal laws and car dealers doing the registration using "Created" rental agreements, but then, its the govt. thats forcing such tacticts by blocking existing legal laws.

In a nutshell, I would say that its the govt. itself thats forcing people to do such alternate back-routes
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks