Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2023, 01:38   #121
BHPian

Re: KA HC allows BH series to private employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
I am eager too, to know any updates on this since 90 days deadline is now over I believe, as the last order is dated 27th July. I am directly affected by this because I am currently waiting to convert my temp registration to a permanent one (though I have another 3 month's time before the temporary registration expires).
Isn't the temp registration valid only for 30 days?
Old 29th October 2023, 02:01   #122
Senior - BHPian

It is valid for 6 months
Old 29th October 2023, 09:33   #123
BHPian

Is the temporary registration done in KA or elsewhere? The KA TD appeal period is over. Having said these guys will ask for condonation of delay and may push it again.
Old 29th October 2023, 19:16   #124
Senior - BHPian

Yes, the temporary registration is done in KA. My intention is to register it permanently in MH under BH series. Before proceeding with this option, I had done my homework by talking to MH RTO people and gathering all documents that they need for this. Prima facie they had said that it can be done, based on the documents. But now when it is time to actually complete the formalities, they are saying that during KA temporary registration, they have not selected series type as BH and hence they can't do it unless KA RTO changes the series to BH. KA RTO is refusing to change the series citing the restriction here to not allow BH registration to any private employee, and that includes even temporary registrations. They couldn't select BH series initially for the same reason to begin with. I didn't know about this caveat earlier, otherwise I would not have gotten into this mess. Neither MH RTO guys made me aware of it (I guess they themselves may not have foreseen!) nor the dealer/SA who was aware of my plan informed me. There is no issue in registering it under normal MH-xx series, but that doesn't really serve my purpose as I will be using the car mostly in Bangalore.

I am currently trying to figure out possible ways to get the necessary series type change done in parivahan system either by KA or MH RTO, but no luck so far.

These may sound like silly questions, but let me ask anyway since I don't want to leave any stone unturned:

1. There is a provision to convert a normal number to BH upon paying requisite taxes, but I am not sure whether previous road tax will be refunded on pro-rata basis in such cases, like how they do (at least in theory) when people convert the registration from one state to another. Does anyone know? Also, not sure whether the current KA temporary number would qualify at all for such a conversion in another state?

2. Can the KA temporary registration be converted/extended into another MH temporary number?

Last edited by santosh.s : 29th October 2023 at 19:18.
santosh.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th October 2023, 19:35   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the temporary registration is done in KA. KA RTO is refusing to change the series citing the restriction here to not allow BH registration to any private employee, and that includes even temporary registrations. They couldn't select BH series initially for the same reason to begin with.
One more thing you can check is if the Car is re-registered using a new temporary registration in MH. For that you may have to take help of some body who has connects in the concerned RTO. One of my colleague got his car delivered here in Bangalore in March this year. He took temporary registration, and got the car registered under BH series in Orissa. Let me find out from him that whether temporary registration was in KA or Orissa.
Old 29th October 2023, 22:27   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
One more thing you can check is if the Car is re-registered using a new temporary registration in MH.
Yes, that was my question #2 above.

Quote:
For that you may have to take help of some body who has connects in the concerned RTO.
Hopefully, that shouldn't be a problem. I think I have enough links to exert some personal influence on even the head of that RTO, if really necessary.

Quote:
One of my colleague got his car delivered here in Bangalore in March this year. He took temporary registration, and got the car registered under BH series in Orissa. Let me find out from him that whether temporary registration was in KA or Orissa.
Great! Apart from temporary registration details, would like to know whether he is a government employee, businessman or a private employee? Would you mind sharing his contact number with me (privately) so that I can connect with him? He should probably be able to provide some valuable information/nuances to bail me out.

Last edited by santosh.s : 29th October 2023 at 22:39.
Old 29th October 2023, 22:36   #127
Senior - BHPian

Dear @Santosh.s

While I understand the trouble you are going through, just wanted to share another thought. As you have experienced the confusion and misleading info about BH registration, the resale process is even more vague. Some posts have already started trickling in the forum regarding the challenges faced by BH owners during resale. My point being - unless you are sure of keeping car for long period and would be in a position to justify your BH eligibility in future (during tax payments), please weigh in all pros and cons before opting for BH registration.
Old 29th October 2023, 22:41   #128
BHPian

Quote:
These may sound like silly questions, but let me ask anyway since I don't want to leave any stone unturned:

1. There is a provision to convert a normal number to BH upon paying requisite taxes, but I am not sure whether previous road tax will be refunded on pro-rata basis in such cases, like how they do (at least in theory) when people convert the registration from one state to another. Does anyone know? Also, not sure whether the current KA temporary number would qualify at all for such a conversion in another state?
I doubt any refund can take place. I also doubt KA temp thing the local RTO in Bangalore will change. I have met HSR RTO on this and they make it sound that they do not have the permission from the higher ups on this.

I also went to check about BH registration (transfer from another state) but they would not allow it.

Cheers
Rajain
Old 29th October 2023, 23:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for your inputs, @Aviator_guy and @Rajain.

Yes, it has turned out to be more tedious than what I had thought, mainly because I was under impression that temporary registration and the permanent registration in another state should be pretty much independent processes and that temporary registration should just convey all the legal details about the vehicle, it's purchase and the buyer. But that is not true because how the dealer+local RTO initiates form-20/registration process seems to be setting the ground for subsequent permanent registration and that unfortunately includes the BH vs non-BH factor which is of primary concern here.

I plan to keep the vehicle for minimum of 5-8 years this time, unless of course there are some unforeseen strong reasons to sale. (previously I have been using 2 cars for insanely long periods, to the extent that my teenager daughter feels "embarrassed" by them ). I hope confusions about resale should settle by then. Similarly, I am fairly unlikely to loose my BH eligibility. Currently, I believe extension is happening without really having to prove your eligibility again. Though I understand that the rules require it and hence it may change in future. Another suggestion given by one of the MH RTO officials was to pay the tax in advance for say 4/6 or 8 years (rules allow paying it in multiples of 2), so as to not worry about renewal/re-qualification. My primary purpose to opt for BH was to save substantially on road tax, and secondarily (not so important) to reduce chances of cops pulling me over unnecessarily when we travel out of home state.
Old 29th October 2023, 23:32   #130
BHPian

Guys

I met the HSR RTO at his office regarding BH registration. Here is what I learnt from him.

1. For now, central govt employees, employees of banks, PSUs and some private companies are allowed.

2. In the case of private companies only Directors of the company having offices in 4 or more states are allowed to take BH series number.

3. In transfer cases (purchase of second hand vehicles) the NOC from the original RTO is needed (we know that anyway) and then the qualifications above and a depreciated value of the road tax.

4. Employees of private companies having offices in more than 4 states still do not get BH series.

I can still get some more clarifications from him if there are questions for KA RTOs.

Cheere
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 00:06   #131
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rajain, I believe "some private companies" in point #1 and "only directors of the company" in point #2 are actually referring to the category of people who have their own companies and qualify BH criterion of having offices in minimum 4 states/UTs.

Quote:
I can still get some more clarifications from him if there are questions for KA RTOs.
I will really appreciate if you inquire more about the example as in my case, i.e. possible options for people willing to buy a car here in KA and to register it under BH series in another state. Just to clarify, I had to buy it in KA because of availability issues with this car (Innova Hycross), more so for higher varients. Otherwise, it would have been a straight forward job to just buy it from MH and register there under BH. Specifically, I request you to find out more on these few questions-
1. Is there any possibility to change series to BH at least for temporary registrations in KA? We kind of already know the answer to this, but would be good if we get more insights or options from different sources/RTO offices.
2. Can KA temporary registration be converted/extended/re-registered as another temporary registration in another state?
3. Can the temporary KA registration be converted to permanent one here in KA itself, rather than having to do it in the other state which was specified while getting the temporary KA registration.
Old 30th October 2023, 00:50   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rajain, I believe "some private companies" in point #1 and "only directors of the company" in point #2 are actually referring to the category of people who have their own companies and qualify BH criterion of having offices in minimum 4 states/UTs.
Well a director of a company does not necessarily mean it is his (or her) own company. You can be a director in a company and not have any holding at all. Yes, for the RTO, being a Director in the private company does qualify for BH (in KA) provided the offices exist in 4 states or more.

Quote:
I will really appreciate if you inquire more about the example as in my case, i.e. possible options for people willing to buy a car here in KA and to register it under BH series in another state. Just to clarify, I had to buy it in KA because of availability issues with this car (Innova Hycross), more so for higher varients. Otherwise, it would have been a straight forward job to just buy it from MH and register there under BH. Specifically, I request you to find out more on these few questions-
1. Is there any possibility to change series to BH at least for temporary registrations in KA? We kind of already know the answer to this, but would be good if we get more insights or options from different sources/RTO offices.
2. Can KA temporary registration be converted/extended/re-registered as another temporary registration in another state?
3. Can the temporary KA registration be converted to permanent one here in KA itself, rather than having to do it in the other state which was specified while getting the temporary KA registration.
Understood. I can speak to him and find out more. While he is a good chatty guy, even helped me with tea but came across as a stickler for the letter of the law. I also checked with him with regard to a vintage vehicle.

I shall come back with more details for you.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 10:57   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Well a director of a company does not necessarily mean it is his (or her) own company. You can be a director in a company and not have any holding at all. Yes, for the RTO, being a Director in the private company does qualify for BH (in KA) provided the offices exist in 4 states or more.
Hi,

Does that mean anyone with a Director designation in the employment letter can get it registered under BH? (of course, with offices in 4 states)

Thanks!
Old 30th October 2023, 12:05   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Hi,

Does that mean anyone with a Director designation in the employment letter can get it registered under BH? (of course, with offices in 4 states)

Thanks!
A director in a company would be tallied by RoC records and GST of the company across 4 states. If that condition is met that yes.
Rajain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2023, 13:36   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well a director of a company does not necessarily mean it is his (or her) own company. You can be a director in a company and not have any holding at all.
Agree, a director need not necessarily be an owner (stock holder).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marathp View Post
Quote:
A director in a company would be tallied by RoC records and GST of the company across 4 states. If that condition is met that yes.
If they are going to tally with the registrar of companies, then it has to be a director as in board of directors I guess. If it is just a job designation, then it should come under employee category.
santosh.s is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks