Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2022, 11:28   #31
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: KA HC allows BH series to private employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Dear Friends,

The Judgement is out and I have attached it with this post.

We are filing a caveat tomorrow in light of the fact that the government will certainly appeal to the division bench.

In light of the central government's support, I don't believe the division bench will admit the appeal.

As and when I have more information, I'll keep you guys informed.

Waseem Memon.
Thank you very much

I am sure GoKA will resort to applying Road tax on the invoice price rather than pre GST price as per BH registration notification. Will you please try to get this nixed and get the notification implemented as envisaged.

Also, is it possible to extend this argument as right to equality and get the road tax calculated on pre GST price across the country?
Old 20th December 2022, 12:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

The Judgement is out and I have attached it with this post.

We are filing a caveat tomorrow in light of the fact that the government will certainly appeal to the division bench.

In light of the central government's support, I don't believe the division bench will admit the appeal.

As and when I have more information, I'll keep you guys informed.

Waseem Memon.
Thank you very much sir!

Deep respect for all the pains you are taking which will help lakhs of people.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 16:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

We have filed the caveat today.

This will secure us in an event that the Government of Karnataka cites urgency in bringing up the matter before the vacation bench.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 20th December 2022 at 16:59.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 13:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Dear Friends,

Certified copy of the order is attached with this post.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 18:38   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Waseem.
Thank you Silverwood for all the effort. This is without doubt going a long way in helping citizens across country save a lot of money.

I read through the pdf shared. I was planning to buy a Skoda Kodiaq and there are some December offers going on now. I work with a Oracle with offices in >4 cities and eligible for the BH series.

Kodiaq deliveries in the new year onwards had already announced a hike of around Rs 2 lakhs. I checked with the dealer in Bangalore - Raja Skoda and as per them, this new rule is not going to get implemented atleast till next Feb/March 2023 and definitely not applicable for a December 2022/January registration as RTOs are not accepting this request from Dealers for Private Employees. Would this be true despite HC passing the order few days back? The Bangalore RTOs are already issuing BH registrations for govt employees. So it's not a software or system capability issue that is stopping them to issue BH registration to private employees as per the HC order.

Any date we can expect this being actually implemented in Bangalore for Private employees?

For a vehicle like Kodiaq, we are talking of Rs 8 lakhs as life time tax Vs Rs 60k for the first two years as Tax. This is an extremely high difference to ignore and buy the vehicle now by paying life time tax. Any inputs would help.

Regards
kurups is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 19:48   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Friends,

Waseem.
Thank you Silverwood! A great effort indeed.

Dear BHPians,
Has anyone tried for a BH registration and quoted said ruling? Keen to know how dealers are responding?
Old 5th January 2023, 09:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanBiv View Post
Thank you Silverwood! A great effort indeed.

Dear BHPians,
Has anyone tried for a BH registration and quoted said ruling? Keen to know how dealers are responding?
Yes, checked with Skoda dealers in Bangalore. They say no information has come to them from Transport Commissioner and hence not ready to give BH registration in Bangalore for eligible private employees (having office in 4 or more states) as on date. When will it start - No clarity being provided. Will they put it in writing and state that they (Bangalore RTOs) wont do BH registration - no way.

Despite court ruling a fortnight back, we do not have a clarity on BH registrations in Bangalore RTOs.

Query to BHPians - Isn't there a timeline for RTO's to implement this after the court has ruled it out? If so what is the timeline? If the state govt is planning an appeal against the court ruling, by which date they must appeal for it? And if they dont appeal and still RTOs are not taking requests for BH registrations, what's the way forward.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 10:40   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
...Isn't there a timeline for RTO's to implement this after the court has ruled it out? If so what is the timeline? If the state govt is planning an appeal against the court ruling, by which date they must appeal for it? And if they dont appeal and still RTOs are not taking requests for BH registrations, what's the way forward.
If Waseem's own previous victory is any indication -against KA RTO and govt. when they arbitrarily changed reregistration requirment to 1 month - there's a long way to go yet.

They'll try all sorts of stalling tactics, including outright refusing to comply with the court order on some technicality ('we haven't received any orders yet!' is their favorite).

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th January 2023 at 10:41.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 06:58   #39
BHPian

KA TD is going for appeal to the division bench. Is going to be another long drawn process. They know they will lose the case, but want to push time.
Nomad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 20:41   #40
BHPian

I got a call from dealership earlier this week that my new vehicle is in transit and expected to reach dealership soon. Casually enquired regarding BH registration and that I would like to opt for it. Standard answer that only central govt employees can avail it for now.
When I informed regarding the Court order, the SA simply said, even though that is true, no such notification has reached them and RTO is not entertaining!
IvanBiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 21:55   #41
BHPian

Neither the RTOs, State governments nor the dealers are entertaining BH registrations.. It is not only in KA.. Even in TN, I was denied BH registered last year.
srkriz26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 11:45   #42
BHPian

All the south states which extract maximum Road tax decided not to implement. So you will not get it in KA, TN, KL, AP and TG.
Old 15th January 2023, 12:26   #43
BHPian

States might ultimately prevail in levying road tax, if the latest Supreme Court judgement is anything to go by. Link below.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/96994288.cms

Although its a 22 year old case relating to Himachal Pradesh's power to levy special road taxes, this can be used by states to buttress their claims in cases related to BH registration.
Old 26th January 2023, 16:25   #44
BANNED

Maruti Nexa guy told me that BH Series registration in Bangalore might start from March end but still nothing is confirmed.
Old 30th January 2023, 12:06   #45
BHPian

Talked to the Toyota dealership last week and they said it's not possible in Bangalore. They sent 2 vehicles for registration for BH and it got rejected. Looks to be a long road ahead for people in Bangalore to get a BH number.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks