Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2024, 22:23   #166
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: KA HC allows BH series to private employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
As expected.... tarikh pe tarikh

By the way, curious to know one thing. If anything gets proven against an individual, for example "contempt of court" in this case, then the individual is punished. If its a company then it's MD/CEO faces the music. How does the punishment process work when convicted party is a government itself?
OT
Generally, it will be the government secretary who will face the contempt proceedings or whoever has the authority to act will face it. Most cases will be closed by accepting an apology and strong remarks from judiciary with orders to file compliance report. Very rarely it may fine the department and deposit to again some government relief fund related to justice. Almost never seen imprisonment type of judgements unless there is criminal negligence on part of government official.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 22:26   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
I was informed by the HSR RTO that they are no longer issuing BH numbers to non Govt employees. Even I was wanting it but they are no longer issuing it.
AFAIK, KA RTOs never started BH for non-govt employees. Now, with govt trying to collect as much taxes as possible to fund the govt freebies, it is anybody's guess why they are dragging feet on this matter.
Old 6th January 2024, 23:42   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the temporary registration is done in KA. My intention is to register it permanently in MH under BH series. Before proceeding with this option, I had done my homework by talking to MH RTO people and gathering all documents that they need for this. Prima facie they had said that it can be done, based on the documents. But now when it is time to actually complete the formalities, they are saying that during KA temporary registration, they have not selected series type as BH and hence they can't do it unless KA RTO changes the series to BH. KA RTO is refusing to change the series citing the restriction here to not allow BH registration to any private employee, and that includes even temporary registrations. They couldn't select BH series initially for the same reason to begin with. I didn't know about this caveat earlier, otherwise I would not have gotten into this mess. Neither MH RTO guys made me aware of it (I guess they themselves may not have foreseen!) nor the dealer/SA who was aware of my plan informed me. There is no issue in registering it under normal MH-xx series, but that doesn't really serve my purpose as I will be using the car mostly in Bangalore.

I am currently trying to figure out possible ways to get the necessary series type change done in parivahan system either by KA or MH RTO, but no luck so far.

These may sound like silly questions, but let me ask anyway since I don't want to leave any stone unturned:

1. There is a provision to convert a normal number to BH upon paying requisite taxes, but I am not sure whether previous road tax will be refunded on pro-rata basis in such cases, like how they do (at least in theory) when people convert the registration from one state to another. Does anyone know? Also, not sure whether the current KA temporary number would qualify at all for such a conversion in another state?

2. Can the KA temporary registration be converted/extended into another MH temporary number?
Hi, just wanted to share an update on my case. I was eventually able to get it registered under BH series, about a month ago. While it was clearly impossible to change the series type to BH from KA RTO, I got to know from MH RTO that they do have authority/means to change it. After a bit of follow ups and spending some vitamin $M, it was done. But that was not all, there were a couple of more surprises in store. The RTO refused to accept address proofs that they had told me about initially and he insisted that it should be on my aadhar card. If I knew that in advance, then I could have changed it earlier. Not a big deal, though it delayed the process by another few weeks. When I got the number, I thought it was over and that I can easily get HSRP number plates from my Bangalore dealer. But I was wrong again! Dealers and other govt approved agents have authority to issue it within their state only, not pan India. Though it was not a big deal again, I just had to approach a Toyota dealer in MH state. I got it by paying 1500 without much trouble other than additional delay. My relative collected it and couriered it to me and I got it installed here in Bangalore. Till then I just kept my temporary number plate as it was, which looked a bit unusual/strange and yellow background color of the plate made people think it was a taxi! The validity of temporary registration was till Jan end.

If they didn't budge, I had a backup option to get a highly placed officer in Maharashtra's transport department involved in the matter. But I wanted to manage it myself as much as possible and approach him only as the last resort, because getting a new vehicle registered would have been an embarrassingly trivial issue for him (he is one of the state level commissioners, jointly heading the entire department itself including all RTOs in the state).

Moral of the story for those in the same boat:
1. If you want BH registration, it is highly recommended that you buy the vehicle in the same state where you are going to get the permanent registration done. That will make the process smooth by letting it follow the "normal" procedure, from the dealer to RTO to HSRP. I couldn't do that because the vehicle in question (hycross top model) is highly in demand and company has stopped bookings a long time ago and are yet to restart. I wouldn't afford to pass my allocation from Bangalore dealer (multiple allocations actually).
2. It is best to use aadhar as your address proof, change the address in advance if need be.
3. If you have to buy it from one state and register in another, then make sure that dealer/1st RTO selects BH series if possible while creating a temporary registration, otherwise check in advance that the 2nd RTO will do it for you. Even though all of them have to use a common country wide parivahan database, rules and processes they normally follow vary widely from state to state and even RTO to RTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
AFAIK, KA RTOs never started BH for non-govt employees. Now, with govt trying to collect as much taxes as possible to fund the govt freebies, it is anybody's guess why they are dragging feet on this matter.
Per my knowledge, while they never allowed private employees so far, they did allow those who own or are a part of director's body of private companies. Now they seem to have stopped even that.

Last edited by santosh.s : 7th January 2024 at 00:01.
santosh.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 16:22   #169
BHPian

Has anyone managed to get the BH number plate (corporate employee) in KA?

My dealer (Epitome KIA, Whitefield) has straightaway said NO to it. If Dealer can't/won't apply it, can I? How do I go about it?

If we have some successful examples of other people who managed to get it, then I could put some pressure on the dealer to check it thoroughly.
Old 24th January 2024, 16:27   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.sharma View Post
Has anyone managed to get the BH number plate (corporate employee) in KA?

My dealer (Epitome KIA, Whitefield) has straightaway said NO to it. If Dealer can't/won't apply it, can I? How do I go about it?

If we have some successful examples of other people who managed to get it, then I could put some pressure on the dealer to check it thoroughly.
KA govt has not allowed BH for pvt sector employees even if they satisfy the BH eligibility. Other option is to buy from a state which allows BH registration (but you would need some local address proof as per RTO guidelines).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th January 2024 at 16:28.
Old 24th January 2024, 16:32   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
KA govt has not allowed BH for pvt sector employees even if they satisfy the BH eligibility. Other option is to buy from a state which allows BH registration (but you would need some local address proof as per RTO guidelines).
I have the other state proof. I am from Delhi and have most of my proofs from there. But my employment letter states my employment as KA. Would I still be able to manage it?
Old 24th January 2024, 19:38   #172

I live in Bangalore but after after realizing that this will take a long time, I finally bought a Honda Elevate from Noida.
I had to go to Delhi anyways for taking care of some family matter. It was easy. The harder part is to drive or transport it from Noida to Bangalore.

Now, I have a clearer picture of the eligibility. You can BUY a car from anywhere but there are issues:
1. Now, all cars are sold with temporary registration numbers. You cannot just pay and drive one out of a dealership.

2. However, BH numbers are not given on a temporary basis. So my car was with the dealer for an additional 5 days till the BH number was issued. I did not care as I was busy but some may.

3. HSRP plates will come to the same dealer. So you have to manage that too.

3. As only state RTOs can issue a BH number, you literally have only 3 choices. The state where you are employed (Employment ID card say from Bangalore), the state where you are residing currently (Rent agreement say from Delhi), or the state where you have a permanent address (Aadhaar card say from Noida).

4. You will have to go to the RTO of the city/district where you either have office or work, so any of the above 3 options will work. However, if you work in Delhi and live in Ghaziabad, you cannot go to the Noida RTO. Unless your Aadhaar is from Noida.

There were some hiccups as I was not aware of all of it but my dealer was very helpful and it was rewarding. I saved almost 3,00,000 rs in KA road tax. It also makes me happy and proud that I did not have to pay Road Tax or SGST to corrupt KA.

Quote:
I have the other state proof. I am from Delhi and have most of my proofs from there. But my employment letter states my employment as KA. Would I still be able to manage it?
Old 24th January 2024, 19:53   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What you need is the required letter from your company, so called form-60 mentioning their addresses in minimum of 4 states or UTs, and GST numbers to be on safer side. Being employed in KA should not matter. However, one of the RTO agents had made a passing mention that the company should have one of those addresses in the state where you are registering it. So, not sure whether such an additional constraint is applicable. (I did not bother or dig much into it because the requirement was met in my case anyway)
Old 28th January 2024, 23:51   #174

Quote:
What you need is the required letter from your company, so called form-60 mentioning their addresses in minimum of 4 states or UTs, and GST numbers to be on safer side. Being employed in KA should not matter. However, one of the RTO agents had made a passing mention that the company should have one of those addresses in the state where you are registering it. So, not sure whether such an additional constraint is applicable. (I did not bother or dig much into it because the requirement was met in my case anyway)
This constraint of having office in the state of registration is not applicable. I was able to get BH registration done from my home state wherein my organization did not have any office.
ForzaItalia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 19:54   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer_2023 View Post
I live in Bangalore but after after realizing that this will take a long time, I finally bought a Honda Elevate from Noida.
I had to go to Delhi anyways for taking care of some family matter. It was easy. The harder part is to drive or transport it from Noida to Bangalore.

Now, I have a clearer picture of the eligibility. You can BUY a car from anywhere but there are issues:
1. Now, all cars are sold with temporary registration numbers. You cannot just pay and drive one out of a dealership.

2. However, BH numbers are not given on a temporary basis. So my car was with the dealer for an additional 5 days till the BH number was issued. I did not care as I was busy but some may.

3. HSRP plates will come to the same dealer. So you have to manage that too.

3. As only state RTOs can issue a BH number, you literally have only 3 choices. The state where you are employed (Employment ID card say from Bangalore), the state where you are residing currently (Rent agreement say from Delhi), or the state where you have a permanent address (Aadhaar card say from Noida).

4. You will have to go to the RTO of the city/district where you either have office or work, so any of the above 3 options will work. However, if you work in Delhi and live in Ghaziabad, you cannot go to the Noida RTO. Unless your Aadhaar is from Noida.

There were some hiccups as I was not aware of all of it but my dealer was very helpful and it was rewarding. I saved almost 3,00,000 rs in KA road tax. It also makes me happy and proud that I did not have to pay Road Tax or SGST to corrupt KA.
I have 3 BH cars now, 22BH, 23BH and 24BH.

All were given to me in Temp number. While for the first one I was still in Noida till all the resgitration formalities were done, for the other 2 I drove down to Bangalore with the temp registration itself since it was valid for 6 months.

For the 23BH the dealer said they cant do a BH, so I got it done myself, gave them the number after it was generated, and they printed the plates and sent it to be Bangalore, where I went to nearest showroom and got fixed. After fixing I spoke to the agent who got it done and he generated the RC and sent it me.

For the 24BH the dealer printed the plates after they got the number and sent me plates. Same went to the nearst showroom and fixed it. The dealer couriered me RC as well within 3-4 days.
Altocumulus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 11:43   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
The SC heard the SLP on Jan 3rd 2024. The govt lawyer argued that tax is a state subject and central govt cannot interfere. The SC admitted the case but refused to stay the KA high court order. Now the case is posted for Feb 2nd 2024 for hearing.

Meanwhile we will move the contempt of court petition. It’s going to be another long fight!
Hi Nomad,

Did the hearing go through yesterday in SC?

Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd February 2024, 16:44   #177
BHPian

The preliminary hearing happened on Jan 3rd and posted for filing objections. We filed our objections and is awaiting next hearing date. It’s a painfully slow process and hard to execute since everything happens in Delhi.

Wondering ever we will get a SC bench in South. Until we all will need to spend a lot of money to plead for justice in North India. If one can’t afford there ends the case.
Nomad is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 16:05   #178
BHPian

Anyone in KA has faced any trouble driving BH registered vehicles? As KA RTO is not giving BH are they resorting to any harassment of vehicles registered outside KA with BH?
Old 13th February 2024, 20:05   #179
Senior - BHPian

@ssateesh, that doesn't make sense. They may not be willing to offer BH in KA (which is anyway challenged in court and they will most likely have to give up eventually), but how can they stop or harass existing BH vehicles registered elsewhere? I don't think they would ever go to that extent because they don't have any right to do that. I have never faced any problems so far (over a few months) and I have never heard from anyone regarding such harassment.

Last edited by santosh.s : 13th February 2024 at 20:07.
Old 14th February 2024, 12:00   #180
BHPian

Quote:
@ssateesh, that doesn't make sense. They may not be willing to offer BH in KA (which is anyway challenged in court and they will most likely have to give up eventually), but how can they stop or harass existing BH vehicles registered elsewhere? I don't think they would ever go to that extent because they don't have any right to do that. I have never faced any problems so far (over a few months) and I have never heard from anyone regarding such harassment.
Technically you are right. But I have no hope on KA RTOs on the level they will stoop down to as they even illegally overwrote CMV rules of 12 months for out of station vehicles to one month and harassed out of station vehicle owners including impounding.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks