Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2024, 03:45   #181

Re: KA HC allows BH series to private employees

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
What you need is the required letter from your company, so called form-60 mentioning their addresses in minimum of 4 states or UTs, and GST numbers to be on safer side.
Yes and yes. GST number is mandatory at least in Delhi. In fact they asked for the GST certificates.
Worth noting: The GST certificates that I produced, there was a minor difference in the ending of the company name and Delhi RTO refused it. I could immediately get a new certificate and then only did RTO accept it.

Quote:
company should have one of those addresses in the state where you are registering it.
As someone confirmed, this isn't required. I didn't have it but still got the BH number.

Quote:
but how can they stop or harass existing BH vehicles registered elsewhere? I don't think they would ever go to that extent because they don't have any right to do that.
Any reports of KA traffic police ever doing this? I've been driving in KA for 6+ months but haven't faced any issues/questions/checks/etc.
Old 2nd March 2024, 03:59   #182
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I asked the Dealership about BH since I’m buying a new car. They said that the KA RTOs are still not registering cars under BH, irrespective of any order by anyone.

KA simply does not want to conform, for whatever reason.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th March 2024 at 18:18.
Old 2nd March 2024, 11:04   #183

Hi Nomad,

While hearing the SLP, Hon. SC didn't give a stay on the order issued by Hon. KA HC, right? So, is there any progress on the contempt of court case, which has been filed before HC.

In fact, for the initiative you took and the effort you are putting in, whenever there is a favorable outcome which I am sure only a matter of time, the greatest beneficiaries would be automobile companies. Why they are not supporting this legal fight is a mystery.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th March 2024 at 18:18. Reason: No SMS lingo please. (“rt” —> “right”). Also, some language edits too.
Old 2nd March 2024, 14:44   #184
BHPian

It seems that acquiring a BH series is easy, but selling a BH series car is really challenging. We might have to find an owner who meets all the requirements, including his office in 4 states, and that could make resale difficult.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 04:23   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
It seems that acquiring a BH series is easy, but selling a BH series car is really challenging. We might have to find an owner who meets all the requirements, including his office in 4 states, and that could make resale difficult.
Yes, Govt guidelines are already in place that buyer has to be BH eligible during resale or pay the state tax and convert to state registration. As if this was not enough, now states like MH are also asking for company transfer letter for BH eligibility. Just imagine how difficult it would be to find a BH eligible buyer in future if states keep coming up with absurd guidelines

Another thing which is not clear to me is that what happens if someone is staying and wants to sell BH car in a state which does not allow BH yet. Does the person have to look for BH eligible buyer from another state which allows it and sell it there ? It sounds so complicated and discouraging.

The way things are shaping up, unless the person wants to keep the car for long term, BH registration may turn out to be a big headache actually.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 5th March 2024 at 04:52.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 10:23   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Another thing which is not clear to me is that what happens if someone is staying and wants to sell BH car in a state which does not allow BH yet. Does the person have to look for BH eligible buyer from another state which allows it and sell it there ? It sounds so complicated and discouraging.
There is no concern here. As per CMV guidelines you can sell to anyone who can produce a form60 from their company in any state. It's not different than driving a BH car in a state which is not offering BH
Old 5th March 2024, 17:23   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
There is no concern here. As per CMV guidelines you can sell to anyone who can produce a Form 60 from their company in any state. It's not different than driving a BH car in a state which is not offering BH
Just for more clarity, say I have a BH car registered in MH but currently I am staying in KA which does not allow pvt company employees to opt for BH registration even if they can produce Form 60 (or whatever is needed for BH). Can I sell my car to that pvt company employee and the RC transfer can take place within KA? I have read somewhere in this forum (and also in newspaper) that KA govt has issued guidelines that during resale, buyer has to be BH eligible else state tax has to be paid and number has to be changed to state series.
By this logic, I can't sell to a pvt sector employee as a BH car, correct?

That's what confused me even more

I don't want to run around to find a BH eligible buyer with such stringent criteria which is getting weirder by the day.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th March 2024 at 18:16.
Old 5th March 2024, 18:01   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Just for more clarity, say I have a BH car registered in MH but currently I am staying in KA which does not allow pvt company employees to opt for BH registration even if they can produce form60(or whatever is needed for BH). Can I sell my car to that pvt company employee and the RC transfer can take place within KA? I have read somewhere in this forum (and also in newspaper) that KA govt has issued guidelines that during resale, buyer has to be BH eligible else state tax has to be paid and number has to be changed to state series.
By this logic, I can't sell to a pvt sector employee, correct? That's what confused me even more: unhappy I don't want to run around to find a BH eligible person with such stringent criteria which is getting weirder by the day.
You can sell it to a private buyer who is eligible for Form 60 and initiate RC transfer. Two scenarios here.

1. RC transfer to BH eligible owner in state where BH is not given (ex: KA). Since KA is not doing BH they may reject RC transfer and push for state series registration.

2. RC transfer to BH eligible owner in state where BH is given (Ex: MH, OD). I expect this to be easy. But may become increasingly difficult going forward if states put ridiculous rules like MH.

Last edited by Axe77 : 5th March 2024 at 18:15.
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 18:27   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post

1. RC transfer to BH eligible owner in state where BH is not given (ex: KA). Since KA is not doing BH they may reject RC transfer and push for state series registration.
That's my main concern. News published in KA mentioned that buyer has to be BH eligible otherwise registration should be changed to state series by paying taxes.
Old 5th April 2024, 17:46   #190
BHPian

The starting post on this thread is from December 2022. It's been over a year now, since the HC verdict, and still no BH registration for private citizens. The case is pending in Supreme Court last I heard. This example speaks volumes about the judicial system in India!
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 09:21   #191
BHPian

It’s a sad judicial system in the country. The contempt of court case is coming up for hearing tomorrow morning in HC. Previous hearing actually went more like a negotiation between Govt and judges to accept KA registration and then after SC order to give BH or not. It’s so ridiculous that a contempt case wherein there is clear direction to register gets into negotiation.

One sad reality is that, courts take a very lenient approach against govt and its officials. They don’t want to anger them. But if it’s an ordinary citizen they show all their prowess.

SC hearing keeps moving without a concrete date. Anyway tomorrow is going to be a point of decision with contempt proceedings.

Legal system tires people with processes, cost of lawyers and time and finally without any justice in time.
Nomad is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 20:37   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Legal system tires people with processes, cost of lawyers and time and finally without any justice in time.
Thank you @Nomad for your tireless efforts. How did the hearing today go? Seeing any positive signs?
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 21:20   #193
BHPian

Disappointing! The Govt Lawyer lied through the teeth and said SLP is pending in SC and hearing is on April 15th. It is just a computer generated date and it’s never definitive. Immediately HC postponed the hearing to April 19th for hearing.

No words to explain how our system works!
Nomad is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 16:31   #194

It’s disappointing watching the state government abuse the judiciary like this. They have only gone for appeal in the Supreme Court because they want to stall as much as possible and hope we lose interest. Even the points they cited in their appeal and original opposition were just made up as an excuse. Any first year law student would know these are not even partly valid. When the Supreme Court inevitably rules in our favour, as has every other court where this matter has been litigated, the government must be taken to task for this abuse of judiciary. Very hard to believe that the learned and experienced government advocate actually believes this is a case that is possible to win.

Nomad, people like you are giving everyone else hope. Please keep up the great work, and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Kannan Kunna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2024, 17:36   #195

Hi Nomad,

Can you please give an update on the hearing which was scheduled on 15th at SC and the contempt petition hearing at HC on 19th? Now, general election is another excuse for courts to postpone them further I guess.

In all probability, Karnataka transport department will end up allow BH registrations for private sector employees as well. But as the saying goes, justice delayed is justice denied for all those eligible private sector employees who are buying their vehicles in the interim period.

In the current state budget, a life time tax of 10% is introduced for all EV with cost exceeding Rs 25 Lakhs. Even for commercial vehicles a new cess of 3% is introduced. State Transport Department is in no mood to reduce road taxes...!!
sij_mal is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks