Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
403,490 views Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 22:54   #466
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,924
Thanked: 7,696 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman82 View Post
The navigation display works fine for me when using android auto google maps. It shows the directions on the small display.

I dont use the stock maps so not sure if navigation works there but ideally I would expect it to work with both stock maps and google maps
True ideally it should definitely work with stock app even if it does not work with Android Auto or CarPlay. Will check tomorrow with wife Android phone.
AtheK is offline  
Old 21st May 2023, 12:22   #467
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,924
Thanked: 7,696 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

I did try it out yesterday with Wife's phone and yes Navigation works on MID with ANnroid Auto. Not sure why they have not implemented the same for Carplay or even stranger not even for the stock navigation App. Some design decisions are very stupid indeed.

Wireless charging is also a bit erratic, stops working sometime, then you have to either toggle the wireless charging on and off button, or restart the car for it to start working. In itself though wireless charging is hardly any good specially if you are using Wireless carplay, just heats up the phone and hardly charges, just maintains the current charge. It works decently well if not using Carplay.

Last edited by AtheK : 21st May 2023 at 12:24.
AtheK is offline  
Old 25th May 2023, 21:59   #468
Newbie
 
chaitanya.mella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 5
Thanked: Once
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

I get a weird "whoosh" when I switch the AC on. Has anyone else faced this?
chaitanya.mella is offline  
Old 26th May 2023, 11:50   #469
BHPian
 
enginesoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 34
Thanked: 93 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Hi Team,

need urgent suggestion,

I have been offered a decent discount on 2023 pre-facelift hector 2.0 Manual top end. When I took the TD it was on facelift model and both me and my better half didnot like the front seats one bit because of protruding lumbar support. Has anyone faced same issue in pre-facelift model ? If yes, then what did you do to rectify the issue.
enginesoul is offline  
Old 28th May 2023, 14:35   #470
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 4 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I did try it out yesterday with Wife's phone and yes Navigation works on MID with ANnroid Auto. Not sure why they have not implemented the same for Carplay.
Navigation in MID with CarPlay works for me. Reported to MG about mapmyindia issue. They are hoping to rectify this with the next OTA update.
shanoj_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 15:47   #471
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,924
Thanked: 7,696 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanoj_s View Post
Navigation in MID with CarPlay works for me. Reported to MG about mapmyindia issue. They are hoping to rectify this with the next OTA update.
Can you give me your software version number, maybe a new update came to enable with CarPlay. Car has got few software glitches which seems to be lack of testing or lack of implementation. Hopefully the ongoing feedback makes sure that it is fixed soon.

Also if you will be kind enough to share a photo of CarPlay working on mid and main screen together I can then send it to my service advisor.
AtheK is offline  
Old 29th May 2023, 10:57   #472
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Chennai
Posts: 9
Thanked: 4 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Can you give me your software version number
Here you go!
My car was delivered on 10th of Feb, I had only one OTA update after delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-80e3fa0fa13f46dc96618be4ad2f7e98.jpeg  

2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look-7a6ebc9e8dd845219536ee2df2451eb0.jpeg  

shanoj_s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 11:17   #473
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,924
Thanked: 7,696 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Thanks, I see our Software versions are the same, not sure why mine does not display on MID and keeps saying setting up. Will need to do some research around this.
AtheK is offline  
Old 29th May 2023, 14:39   #474
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,924
Thanked: 7,696 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Found the solution, basically I did not have apple maps installed but was using google maps. Works fine after installing Apple maps, which is kind of understandable, though would have been good if it worked with google maps too on iPhone. That would have needed more effort from MG software developers side though.

Last edited by AtheK : 29th May 2023 at 15:05.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 19:40   #475
BHPian
 
automowheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 149
Thanked: 217 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-Lannister View Post
l
Black Rims Paint - 14,000
Red Callipers Paint - 4,800
Total cost = 18,800 including taxes

It was done by the dealership at their stockyard, along with the teflon and anti rust coating etc.
Are all MG dealerships offering dechroming as an official service, or was it a dealer-specific service?
automowheels is online now  
Old 30th May 2023, 22:33   #476
BHPian
 
Lord-Lannister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: MH01-Mumbai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 238 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Are all MG dealerships offering dechroming as an official service, or was it a dealer-specific service?
I believe it was a dealership specific service. But as prices seemed fair, it was worth to get it done by them prior to delivery than post delivery by others.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 10:52   #477
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,924
Thanked: 7,696 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
Are all MG dealerships offering dechroming as an official service, or was it a dealer-specific service?
It's dealer specific, just ask them to do it when the car is at yard itself, so you don't have to again drop the car.

I got Alloys, Calipers and Roof rails painted from dealer before delivery.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 13:18   #478
BHPian
 
automowheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 149
Thanked: 217 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

After going over numerous 7-seater options over the last year, from the XUV700 to the Meridian, and down to the Alcazar, I finally TDed the Hector Plus. All this while I avoided it for the 'apparently' lacklustre petrol powertrain and unexciting CVT. During the TD I realised how drivable the engine is within city despite that slight turbo-lag. I presume it should perform decently on highways too. Don't get me wrong, I do like a quick car, but the XUV700 disappointed me with its niggles even after 2 years of launch, and the lack of premium-ness inside. Net-net, I just have a few questions that have not been answered here, and some of you may be able to help with them-
  1. Does the petrol CVT make you nervous or feel underpowered in steep slopes or hills?
  2. I'm considering the 7 seater, and would like my dog to use the last row on ocassion. I understand that seat doesn't tumble. Does it mean accessibility will be very challenging?
  3. How is audio played via wireless carplay vis-a-vis Saavn? Is Saavn really that better?
  4. What's your perceived sense of safety in the absence of a safety rating? I've seen that they have hot-stamped panels and even side-impact beams where it matters.
automowheels is online now  
Old 31st May 2023, 15:22   #479
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 60
Thanked: 50 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
  1. Does the petrol CVT make you nervous or feel underpowered in steep slopes or hills?
  2. I'm considering the 7 seater, and would like my dog to use the last row on ocassion. I understand that seat doesn't tumble. Does it mean accessibility will be very challenging?
  3. How is audio played via wireless carplay vis-a-vis Saavn? Is Saavn really that better?
  4. What's your perceived sense of safety in the absence of a safety rating? I've seen that they have hot-stamped panels and even side-impact beams where it matters.
Hey, here's my response to your queries:
1. Haven't taken it to the hills yet, however, my office basement parking space has a steep incline and in a semi-circular direction. Haven't had a full load yet, but my observation is it might struggle a little when accelerating from a standstill position due to the initial turbo lag. But if you are keeping it within the power band of 1800rpm and above, you should be fine.

2. My dog hasn't sat in the car yet, but don't think it will be a major struggle. They find their way through narrow spaces. Also, depends upon the size of your dog. Mine is a large retriever.

3. Works fine with Car Play and Android Auto. Just make sure the audio output is set to the highest quality over data on the respective app on your phone

4. Feels very solid. Do not see safety as an issue.


Also, I agree with your initial observation. The Hector is extremely drivable within city limits and does the job well on highways. Does not feel underpowered at all as long as you maintain power band.
ankan_g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 20:50   #480
Senior - BHPian
 
AtheK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,924
Thanked: 7,696 Times
Re: 2023 MG Hector Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by automowheels View Post
After going over numerous 7-seater options over the last year, from the XUV700 to the Meridian, and down to the Alcazar, I finally TDed the Hector Plus. All this while I avoided it for the 'apparently' lacklustre petrol powertrain and unexciting CVT. During the TD I realised how drivable the engine is within city despite that slight turbo-lag. I presume it should perform decently on highways too. Don't get me wrong, I do like a quick car, but the XUV700 disappointed me with its niggles even after 2 years of launch, and the lack of premium-ness inside. Net-net, I just have a few questions that have not been answered here, and some of you may be able to help with them-
  1. Does the petrol CVT make you nervous or feel underpowered in steep slopes or hills?
  2. I'm considering the 7 seater, and would like my dog to use the last row on ocassion. I understand that seat doesn't tumble. Does it mean accessibility will be very challenging?
  3. How is audio played via wireless carplay vis-a-vis Saavn? Is Saavn really that better?
  4. What's your perceived sense of safety in the absence of a safety rating? I've seen that they have hot-stamped panels and even side-impact beams where it matters.
My observations

1. It does pretty well on normal hills, I took it to Nandi hills and we were 5, never felt the lack of power.

2. Can't comment but above comment from ankan is pretty much on spot.

3. I use carplay all the time and hardly use jio, but sound quality is pretty comparable. I have off late started using wired Carplay as wireless makes the phone hot and charging is also very slow.

4. I upgraded from Vento and I feel the quality of thud and metal to be of the same quality. The crash worthiness and design is something we can't comment on, but the material used seems to be of very good quality.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks