Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2023, 22:36   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
It would be really hard to tell which one is BS4 and which one is BS6.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...103449__01.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...a-nexon-02.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...103500__01.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...a-nexon-04.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...103439__01.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/201...a-nexon-03.jpg

Extremely different, really? Same body contours, same left, right and back. The only change in body panel was bonnet lip.

pics are from tbhp reviews and posts.

It is so boring that it's look has already aged 5 years in 3 years because, we are seeing same design jumping from one car to another. You are absolutely right that it is all personal and subjective but aren't all derrieres of Tata's cars more or less same?

It is not about whether they look best or not in their class, the question is they all look more or less the same. Can Tata not make cars without sloping roof?

Changing bonnet lip and radiator grill at bottom with "Y" isn't radical.

All Tata vehicles have been updated from time to time - Tiago to Tigor and the Nexon including Harrier and the Safari. Infact Tata Motors have kept continuously upgrading the overall quality level of their vehicles, gradually introudcing more features, fine tuning the engine, transmission and the engine management which is more important to the customers rather than investing on mere cosmetic upgrades.

I would prefer sitting in any Tata rather than in Marutis with the same interior and switch gear for all the models from Baleno to Brezza and the Grand Vitara. The design of the Altroz still looks fresh despite being 3 years old. Harrier has been given all disc brakes, ventilated seats, wireless charger, EPB etc to the recent additions which were not available in the initial models. Even Safari never had the ventilated function for the rear captain seats initially. Besides all these feature additions, each batch of vehicles rolled out from TaMo plants had mechanical upgrades in terms of quality and reliability.

Most importantly TaMo has been investing heavily on EVs which is significant as they have taken the lead with regard to the EV market in our country today. The initial EVs from them were rudimentary and one can genuinely feel the vast stride TaMo has made in terms of technology to the EVs they currently have. It is a wise decision based on market research not to splurge money on mere cosmetic upgrades. All their cars have their basics spot on right from safety to dynamics and technology. Infact I cannot think of any other vehicle in the world with DSG (DCA/DCT) technology for the price bracket which they offer the Altroz. We can see a lot of DSG failures for many of the Korean duo products as well as VAG vehicles. There were instances when DQ200 in the Virtus had to be replaced thrice or more within a year of usage. Alreast we have never heard of any Altroz DCA failures till date and TaMo was intelligent to offer it with AI inegrated Wet clutch technology.

The new RDE engines are a lot smoother especially the three cylinder Revotron offered in the Altroz. I personally drove the new engine in an Altroz DCA in Chennai yesterday and I am thoroughly impressed with the refinement and the power delivery of the engine. I always get the impression that I am driving an Europen car when I am with the Altroz and I am sure many will agree to this.

Harrier and Safari with ADAS and updated interiors with ICE, Ambient Lighting etc are already on the anvil with bookings open and a complete facelift of both the twins are being tested which should hit the market during the festive season. Completely revamped Nexon is also on the works.

Altroz Racer is also expected very soon with a new spoiler, shark fin antenna, ventilated seats, wireless charger, sunroof and an airpurifier.

Being an automobile designer who has worked on several projects, I am not able to draw any parallels between the Curvv and the Nexon except for the coupe stance. Even if there is an identity crisis with the Curvv, I do not think it is a disadvantage because it belongs to a same family. While a Venue looks like a mini Creta, the Virtus a junior Jetta why not Curvv be grown up Nexon.
Adorablejim is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 23:00   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adorablejim View Post
The new RDE engines are a lot smoother especially the three cylinder Revotron offered in the Altroz. I personally drove the new engine in an Altroz DCA in Chennai yesterday and I am thoroughly impressed with the refinement and the power delivery of the engine. I always get the impression that I am driving an Europen car when I am with the Altroz and I am sure many will agree to this.
Did you test drive nexon petrol also? Does it also have some improvements in NVH with RDE compliant engine like altroz?
Old 19th February 2023, 23:36   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramotra3 View Post
Did you test drive nexon petrol also? Does it also have some improvements in NVH with RDE compliant engine like altroz?
Nexon with the RDE engine did not arrive at the particular showroom in Chromepet, Chennai. However, the same kind of refinement levels are expected in the Nexon as well.

There are noticeable differences in the new engine both visually and in terms of refinement. The positioning of certain parts inside the engine bay like the air filter has been revised. Visual changes aside, the automaker has also increased the amount of insulation in the car to minimize NVH in the cabin.

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-altroz1.jpg

Pre RDE BS6 Engine

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-altroz2.jpg

The new RDE BS6.P2 Engine

The reduced vibration is due to the use of better-quality engine mounts, and some internal changes to the motor by adding a counterbalance.
Adorablejim is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 00:52   #139
BHPian

Any idea when the altroz racer will be launched? Would be great if Tata released a launch time line. I know someone who's waiting for the Altroz racer. There could be several others.
Benoit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 10:19   #140
BHPian

I'm too waiting for that launch, not because of the Racer version, but for the features that would trickle down to the regular variants.
Maxton07 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 12:30   #141
BHPian

Looking at page 1 of this thread, and going through the new launches they have lined up for the near future, I couldn't help but notice how out of place that Tata logo looks on almost all of their prototypes. I sincerely wish that they redesign their logo, atleast for PVs. This is entirely my personal opinion and others might find no issues with it.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 18:12   #142

Dear Fellow BHPians,
This is my first post on the forum, would like to express my gratitude towards the moderators of this forum. Sincerely appreciate the efforts taken in keeping this forum up and running.

Sharing some pictures from AutoExpo'23 Tata Stand.

TiagoEv Blitz was showcased with the same alloys(6.5j x 15",108pcd) that Tiago & Tigor JTP's came with back in '19,'20.

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_140557.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_141352.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_140800.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_141336.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_141216.jpg

ALTROZ RACER

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_142649.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_141525.jpg

Provision for a Camera under the LHS ORVM, might be added in the future.

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_141747.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_142116.jpg

Car felt surprisingly upmarket .

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_142429.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_142438.jpg

The Racer will come with a 6spd-box,suprisingly no effort was put in by Tata Motors to advertise this fact and were more focused on showcasing the new infotainment system instead.

Car showcased at Expo.

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_142443.jpg

Images shared on social media platforms.

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-third.jpg

Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-second.jpg

Ending the post with a fun Easter Egg.

Jaguar Belt on the new Tata 1.2Tgdi that was on display.
Tata Motors @ Auto Expo 2023-img_20230113_144437.jpg
HatchMatch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 16:32   #143
BHPian

One of their all time best sellers is the Nexon and if I'm not wrong, it's their biggest seller currently. Why is the Nexon being given a step motherly treatment, Altroz got the partial LCD MID while the Nexon has the unit from Tiago.

Nexon built Tata 2.0 to the state it currently is, not the Tiago and not the Harrier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks