Re: Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Not true.
Jimny booking stands at 25K.
Please see screenshot attached.
And the cancellation is Rs 500.
I checked all this just now.

Im very Tempted to book but am holding off.
The screenshot clearly says that 500 deduction will only apply if you cancel after price reveal. This is what was told from the beginning.
Old 24th May 2023, 11:29   #1622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post

Unlike Mahindra who can't sell the THAR in most countries.
The Jimny isn't sold in the biggest car markets in the world not, in North America, Europe etc... and while this is novel for us, this Jimny is already more than 5 years old.

M&M on the other hand have production constraints and currently cannot make enough cars to meet demand. Remember the Scorpion is based on the Thar platform and exports for the former have already started.
shortbread is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 11:39   #1623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post

Unlike Mahindra who can't sell the THAR in most countries.
M&M on the other hand have production constraints and currently cannot make enough cars to meet demand.
That's because Jeep/FCA will sue them anywhere outside of India for cloning Wrangler.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 11:41   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
I think we are all slowly warming up to the idea that Suzuki will milk us to the best of their abilities.
A price once quoted is seldom rolled back, even for duds or DOAs; in the interest of maintaining the manufacturer's credibility.
It is a sellers market, with me experiencing subpar interactions at Suzuki, Hyundai, Mahindra showrooms that I recently visited. I do not think others would be too different.
In fact, at Hyundai, instead of responding to my greeting, the sales person pointed to the white board with the waiting periods listed.
So let us wait for 7th June and take a call after that. I don't think Suzuki is looking at this discussion board to modulate their prices two weeks ahead of announcement. It seems that these speculations are doing nothing more than giving us panic attacks twice a day.
Yes you are right. For the Jimny, with the export orders in hand, Suzuki wont mind it being dead in Indian market anyways. India was not the primary market to start with ( for the 3 door one) , nor will be for the 5 door one. We all can cry that 5 door was made for India, but let get realistic that Australians are a better market for 5 door as well.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 11:47   #1625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
We all can cry that 5 door was made for India, but let get realistic that Australians are a better market for 5 door as well.
Not quite so I guess. Even if the Jimny 5 door gets into the top selling five car list in Australia, it would be still lower than the lowest selling Maruti numbers.
Old 24th May 2023, 11:53   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Not quite so I guess. Even if the Jimny 5 door gets into the top selling five car list in Australia, it would be still lower than the lowest selling Maruti numbers.
Yes that I get, but in many interviews, Shashank already admits it to not be a mass seller but a niche product. MS is not after volume, but after fat margins. Take Toyota for an example.

Key pointed noted by me for Jimny Buyer:
1. City Person
2. Wants to reflect as a "status" symbol
3. Wants a lifestyle vehicle (like a second or third car)
4. May be does not want 4x4 hardware but is happy to have one for that 1 time use
5. Looking for a Premium product

Last edited by purohitanuj : 24th May 2023 at 11:57.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:03   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that I get, but in many interviews, Shashank already admits it to not be a mass seller but a niche product. MS is not after volume, but after fat margins. Take Toyota for an example.

Key pointed noted by me for Jimny Buyer:
1. City Person
2. Wants to reflect as a "status" symbol
3. Wants a lifestyle vehicle (like a second or third car)
4. May be does not want 4x4 hardware but is happy to have one for that 1 time use
Precisely. In fact Shashank alluded to the target audience also comprising of folks who want to look sporty, and not necessarily into the sport. He was quick to add this category on when that Autocar guy mentioned this catering to a specific set of folks.
So I want to look like a sports person, while I am not, and now Suzuki has called it out that I might be one of those just wanting to look the part. Oh what a predicament. I'd have to kick up some dust to qualify as truly sporty.
Caesar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:09   #1628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes that I get, but in many interviews, Shashank already admits it to not be a mass seller but a niche product. MS is not after volume, but after fat margins...
Looking at the Fronx pricing, I really don't have any hopes for the Jimny pricing. Even then hope that Thar prices should be some sort of deterrent for them.

Should have guessed the prices would rocket when they gave it the full 4x4 gear, 6 airbags and headlight washers
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:15   #1629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But is it a Premium product? That is the question! Just because the manufacturer says it OR terms it as a Premium product, it does not automatically becomes one. Does it?

It is a bare bone entry level SUV, really tiny and can take fair bit of abuse but that is just about it. Putting an LED headlight or adding a smartphone compatible headunit does not hide the fact that it is a ladder on frame vehicle with a mediocre engine and tranny. Even the interiors are bare minimum and nowhere close to a Premium that say even a Endeavour offers, forget land rovers of the world. So fact is.. it is ENTRY LEVEL and NOT PREMIUM

As a market, and as users... it is high time consumers also question back and push back. Perils of a boomers market who really don't care about few lakhs lying here there

Edit: Applying same logic, all the cars under Maruti portfolio north of Wagon R should be henceforth termed as Premium. lol

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th May 2023 at 12:20.
Jaggu is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:37   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
But is it a Premium product? That is the question! Just because the manufacturer says it OR terms it as a Premium product, it does not automatically becomes one. Does it?
Couldn't agree more. It definitely is not a "Premium" product. No international reviewer/user ever termed the 2D Jimny as "premium". To the contrary and as you've mentioned, its bare boned. MS is just trying to create a fog of "prestige" around Jimny.
BUT
The moment the millennial buyer would actually go and check out the product and see whats on offer as compared to the competition, they will realise that the Jimny certainly does not command a 16L + price tag. (Actually I am secretly hoping that many do buy it and realise their mistake later . Since for me if the Zeta AT crosses anything more than 13.5L-14L on road in Himachal, I will cancel my booking and keenly await one on the second hand market).
sammysossa is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:42   #1631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
My prediction would be starting price of 9.89-9.99 for Zeta Manual to 12.49-12.99L for Alpha AT.
Quoting my own post with respect to the price. The Jimny will not be getting many electronic gizmos that Fronx has so that may help in balancing out the prices. To me, all the PREMIUM talk looks solely aimed at making the customers perceive it as a costly product and then they launch it at an introductory price of something like that quoted above and everyone goes Gaga over it. Something similar had happened when the XUV5OO was launched in 2011. People were not happy with the design elements of the car but the moment price was released, all rant went for a toss.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 12:44   #1632
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Jimny will not get entry-level 2WD variant.

Maruti Jimny 4-door @ Auto Expo 2023-screenshot-20230524-124829.png

Suzuki doesn’t want to veer away from the Jimny’s off-road DNA, thereby ruling out a two-wheel drive variant.

Maruti Suzuki's CTO:
Quote:
We could have gone longer also, but we had to ensure the off-road capability is not compromised. The 4x4 character of the Jimny could not be lost
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th May 2023 at 12:49.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 13:03   #1633
BHPian

The Jimny should get niche buyers till the 5 door Thar gets released. Maybe a year or two i guess. After that it will just get tough to justify the 'premium'. 4×4 is a functional option and not a luxury/premium aspect imho. I still dont understand what feels premium inside the Jimny either, looks like any other standard mill maruti interior.
Senotrius is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 13:46   #1634
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about the credibility of the prices revealed from link below:-

The ex-showroom price of Maruti Suzuki Jimny

Zeta MT variant is 9 lakh 99 thousand rupees
Zeta AT variant is 11 lakh 59 thousand rupees
Alpha MT variant is 12 lakh 29 thousand rupees
Alpha AT variant is 13 lakh 99 thousand rupees.

https://news24online.com/auto/maruti...e-here/127702/
Ramsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 13:59   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
... I still dont understand what feels premium inside the Jimny either, looks like any other standard mill maruti interior.
A case of wanting same position and respect because ones grandfather was one of a kind, at his time, eons back.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks