Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2023, 23:10   #391
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astargea View Post
Development of the Elevate detailed:
Honda highlighted the raised bonnet nose in the launch and they have kind of reiterated the same in this video also in the context of SUV stance. Just trying to understand, if the bonnet line is pretty high, wouldn't it affect the lower visibility of the road, especially in instances like exiting from basement parking ramps?
skarthiksr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 11:57   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Launch details were discussed at Delhi yesterday with most dealer partners in an official dealer meet, conducted just for the Elevate. As per the the discussion, bookings are to start officially on July 03, 2023 and tentative start price is revealed as 11.xx ex showroom and will match Creta SX(O) IVT price for the top variant which is around 22L on road. Will come in 4 variants and will include dual tone colors. Official price announcement will only be in September. Had a close friend of friend attend it, who is a dealer.

Hybrid was not even considered for the SUV which I found really strange. Honda's hybrid system works brilliantly well with that 4 pot motor.
That's very true !! Just to add little more information that I have, the variant line up is SV , V , VX & ZX . ADAS & CVT likely to be offered in V / VX & ZX just like city. Only ZX will have Tan Interiors and lower trims will have beige interiors similar to City. The dispatches would begin from August and there would be soft dealer display somewhere in 3rd week of August . Launch is expected in 1st week of Sept with immediate deliveries. And the pricing would be notch above City and benchmarked to Creta.

Also, Elevate will be the first Made in India Honda to be exported to Japan
Motorhead23 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 12:15   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead23 View Post
… the variant line up is SV , V , VX & ZX . ADAS & CVT likely to be offered in V / VX & ZX just like city.
Any idea if sunroof is restricted to ZX? I don’t want a sunroof , nor do I want ADAS as of now in India considering our unruly traffic. Somehow I feel it would make the experience worse in b2b traffic & might lead to unwanted rear endings
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 12:58   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
White color without chrome blings looks very nice.
It is funny to see lot of marketing jargons thrown around this simple run of the mill crossover. Even though it is based on the City, designed for India sounds scary, it just means lots of cost cutting.

Edit: my colleague is planning to upgrade from his 2013 Skoda Rapid 1.6TDi to an automatic car and is considering Elevate. I told him to check Slavia/Virtus 1.5 DSG instead. His budget is ~ 20-22 Lakhs.
As much as we ridicule Honda India for waking up from their slumber to realise that India needs a cross-over while still overlooking the other immediate need for a hybrid, if you want to keep your friendship with your friend, please donot recommend him the DSG from VW/ Skoda stable. With its infamous reliability and costing a bomb to replace, it is better recommended to foes
outdoorlover is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 13:09   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Any idea if sunroof is restricted to ZX? I don’t want a sunroof , nor do I want ADAS as of now in India considering our unruly traffic. Somehow I feel it would make the experience worse in b2b traffic & might lead to unwanted rear endings
Sunroof is from VX onwards and ADAS also what i hear is available across except SV. Customers in this segment is crazy about sunroof - you see Creta & Seltos for that matter they might skip on many other relevant features but will have editions with sunroof in lower mid specs, So I don't see honda restricting it to only top end and that too when they are offering only single pane whereas the volume players now offers panaromic ones.
Motorhead23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 13:33   #396
BHPian

Honda making noise for I don't understand what. They just built a City cross with some mediocre set of features with a single engine option and no USP. What people want now are feature packed cars and the upcoming Seltos irrespective of how easily it gets destroyed in a crash will smoke the Elevate in no time. Hope they bring in the electric Elevate soon. Totally reminds of Arsenal under Arsene Wenger in his final years at the club. Sheer mediocrity.
Dead_Pedal is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 13:37   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
As per the the discussion, bookings are to start officially on July 03, 2023 and tentative start price is revealed as 11.xx ex showroom and will match Creta SX(O) IVT price for the top variant which is around 22L on road.
Honda has priced the Elevate correct w.r.t to the Honda City. A Rs. 1-2 lakh premium so as to not undercut the City sales is justified. But Honda has not priced it right w.r.t to the segment overall. It is a latecomer that does nothing to excite potential buyers or try to convert people considering other mid-size SUVs. For a powerful and fun to drive car I'll go with Kushaq or Taigun. For features and creature comforts I'll go with Creta or Seltos. Where does this leave the Elevate?

Moreover the high pricing has moved it closer to the Honda City Hybrid V trim which is the one I'll buy instead of the top-spec Elevate.
true_sedan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 13:51   #398
BHPian

I hope that Elevate will clear the crash safety ratings with 5 stars.

I like the conservative looks and good interior space of Elevate, along with the usual Honda strengths, so I will definitely consider replacing my Nexon diesel AMT with Elevate 1.5 AT if this fulfills the crash safety rating expectations. I can live with a few missing features but not with poor crash safety.
46TheDoctor is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 14:07   #399
BHPian

I agree with some of the comments above in relation to what is the Elevate's USP. Nothing. For a consumer who is searching for a vehicle in this segment - (MINI SUV, new vehicle not secondhand, good ground clearance, reliable, offering good resale value, good service, feature rich, around 20-22 Lakhs).

Size wise it is pretty much around the seltos, hyryder, vitara, creta. The maruthi and Toyota have got the elevate beat by virtue of offering strong hybrid options which gives really good economy (a typical 10K KM annual fuel running cost savings will be around 25-35K mark between Strong hybrid user and elevate user). The Seltos, Creta offer diesel options - again fuel cost savings will be much higher compared to elevate users.

Feature wise, service network and service quality, there is nothing extra that elevate offers which competitors dont offer.

So what only can push a consumer towards the Honda? - other than brand loyalty.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 14:42   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharathXUV700 View Post

So what only can push a consumer towards the Honda? - other than brand loyalty.
That's it and the existing Honda customers who are used to Honda's ergonomics(brilliant btw) and too afraid to experiment and change brands. The way Kunal Behl was talking about being "late to the party and coming up very strongly" actually raised my hopes quite a bit only to be left bitterly disappointed buy this half hearted offering for India at least until the electric version arrives. They should have bought in the HR-V for sure. No excuses.
Old 30th June 2023, 15:24   #401

Honda Elevate's target audience seems to be a person who is in his late 40s or early 50s, buying his second or third car, upgrading from a older gen City or a lower segment Honda. Expecting to have a sedate and fuss free ownership, requiring nothing more than a comfortable seat for his lower back and having lived though the time when anything Japanese was considered peak value still considers Honda a premium proposition over Koreans.
No doubt it will sell, but it will be more of a quite 3k-4k units rather than 10k-12k units which Koreans are cashing in, But this combined with exports will keep the lights on in their India factory for next 5yrs at least.
FYI Honda elevate has been showcased at ASEAN markets as well, apart from Japan.
We can only hope that this gives Honda Japan enough time, confidence and resources to invest in localizing their 1.5l Hybrid, and bring in their 1.5 turbo and 1.0 turbo for their next gen products, which can easily find its way in next gen Amaze, Jazz, City, Civic, Venue sized SUV and Harrier Sized SUV.
But it would be interesting to know which route Honda will take, the Turbo route like the VAG twins or the Hybrid Route like its Japanese Counterparts or will it go all Guns Blazing by offering both Turbo with Manual and a Hybrid with CVT Options like it does in North American market.
Santy19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 15:33   #402
BHPian

I do not see Elevate doing much for Honda. As someone already said earlier, there is no USP for Elevate and Honda is no more an aspirational brand. The only aspect was pricing and that too looks to be on the higher side. So there is nothing that will bring the buyer to the showroom and further buy it. I am expecting that Elevate will be a slow selling model and Honda will eventually offer discounts to keep the numbers at a decent place.
Old 30th June 2023, 18:50   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabash View Post
I do not see Elevate doing much for Honda. As someone already said earlier, there is no USP for Elevate and Honda is no more an aspirational brand. The only aspect was pricing and that too looks to be on the higher side. So there is nothing that will bring the buyer to the showroom and further buy it. I am expecting that Elevate will be a slow selling model and Honda will eventually offer discounts to keep the numbers at a decent place.
Have the variants and pricing been announced? I haven't come across it anywhere.
Old 30th June 2023, 19:43   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedateGuy View Post
Have the variants and pricing been announced? I haven't come across it anywhere.
No I don't think the prices are announced. But going by what the range is being defined by Autocar and other auto media, it seems to be at par with Cretas and Seltos's of the world.
shabash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 21:48   #405

From searching, the Honda Elevate haven't been officially announced yet.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks