Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2023, 10:09   #451
BHPian

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Spoke to my dealer to confirm colour and variant. SA was hesitant to share the price saying it will be very competitive. On enquiring further he confirm it will be from 11.xx to 16.xx ex showroom. As per him, lower variant won't undercut Creta but higher varient will be 50-100k less than Creta.He confirmed Honda will be aggressive in pricing and it will be competitive even to City

Pricing and varient will be released in August along with demo cars to showroom. Delivery by mid September.

Last edited by RedMaw : 4th July 2023 at 10:12. Reason: delivery details
RedMaw is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 10:24   #452
BHPian

I hope car makers advertise safety ratings more aggressively. That way Kia/Hyundai will also take safety seriously and we can get feature rich cars

Seltos will have a big impact on every car in this segment. Honda has a big challenge on its hand and not sure if pricing is the only issue here.
Old 4th July 2023, 11:10   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshrawat9 View Post
Attaching snapshot of invoice

Attachment 2471324
Thats fantastic pricing ! This means that the Elevate ZX CVT undercuts the City ZX CVT by INR 1.25L.

In BLR City 5th gen ZX MT is Rs 14.8L ex-showroom and City 5th gen ZX CVT is Rs 16.05 L ex-showroom.

This corresponds to on-road prices in BLR of approximately Rs 18.6L and 20.1L.

As per your info Honda has priced the Elevate ZX CVT at 14.63 ex-showroom!
Also Elevate VX CVT will be even better value due to tax benefit of its being less than 10 L ex-showroom before taxes - a saving of around INR 30,000 on road tax in BLR if my numbers are correct.

Honda appears to have taken the decision to retain the premium image of the City by keeping its pricing higher than the Elevate.

If there is a miss it will be Honda's decision not to offer 6 airbags on the VX variant (Hope I am wrong).

I took a few pics from the brochure, I think this is an eminently sensible automobile that will bring some much needed Mojo back to Honda.

Just under 19L on-road for this for an automatic is sweet!

Honda Elevate Preview-el-2.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-el-5.jpg

I really like the interiors, simple and elegant.

Honda Elevate Preview-el-3.jpg

Honda Elevate Preview-el-4.jpg

Decent paint options.

Honda Elevate Preview-el-1.jpg

Last edited by Redline6800 : 4th July 2023 at 11:25.
Redline6800 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 11:39   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Thats fantastic pricing ! This means that the Elevate ZX CVT undercuts the City ZX CVT by INR 1.25L.

In BLR City 5th gen ZX MT is Rs 14.8L ex-showroom and City 5th gen ZX CVT is Rs 16.05 L ex-showroom.

This corresponds to on-road prices in BLR of approximately Rs 18.6L and 20.1L.

As per your info Honda has priced the Elevate ZX CVT at 14.63 ex-showroom!
Also Elevate VX CVT will be even better value due to tax benefit of its being less than 10 L ex-showroom before taxes - a saving of around INR 30,000 on road tax in BLR if my numbers are correct.
How would the Elevate VX CVT land below 10L? The price delta between VX CVT and ZX CVT ex showroom on the Honda City is ~1L. If Elevate ZX CVT lands at 14.6L, there is no way the VX CVT is getting priced at <10L ex-showroom.
Old 4th July 2023, 11:47   #455
BHPian

Hi,

I am somehow not convinced with the Elevate ZX CVT being priced at 14.8 Lakhs ex showroom.

Even the other prices those are being discussed in this forum seems to be speculations, while 11.xx to 16.xx is likely or something a kind of ball park figure.

Yes, Elevate does see some features that are missing from City, but then being an SUV with more material that goes into the body and also considering that City itself is priced at about a premium of 50 to 60K over its competition, the best price seems to be at par with City or slightly higher and undercutting it doesn't seems to be probable to me.

Further, I also feel that limiting some of the essential safety and convenience features when seen against the competition is an indication to me to not only price it aggressively but also an opportunity for them to release a premium version (segment) with Hybrid and other proper segment demanding features as a different vehicle altogether. When even Honda may not be clear as usual but CKD prospects should materialize this. (Reason: Honda could have added all these features and priced the car higher as well, isn't it)

With Elevate while prices seems to be aggressive (atleast until they are revealed) for what it offers, the hype and promise of fun to drive and comfort balance needs to be seen (which would be revealed by the experts from TBHP). Sadly, there is no mention of NVH for Elevate when they spoke of comfort (i read that 40 kg of insulting material was used for city 5th Gen) and hope that's not been shaved for the sake of weight reduction in Elevate considering the power train being the same.

Finally, whatever Elevate offers prices will be the deciding factor for those who are satisfied with what it is offering. Honda seems to be looking at Elevate as mass market cross over with reliability intact as simple mode transport.

Last edited by graaja : 4th July 2023 at 14:33. Reason: Fixing typos
GuChDa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 11:59   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
How would the Elevate VX CVT land below 10L? The price delta between VX CVT and ZX CVT ex showroom on the Honda City is ~1L. If Elevate ZX CVT lands at 14.6L, there is no way the VX CVT is getting priced at <10L ex-showroom.
Sorry I about that, I stand corrected

I took the price without the 45% GST for that calculation. but that is wrong.
Old 4th July 2023, 12:16   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
As per him, lower variant won't undercut Creta but higher varient will be 50-100k less than Creta.He confirmed Honda will be aggressive in pricing and it will be competitive even to City
This is possible since Creta charges a premium currently, however, I am sure Creta will lower prices as well to match Elevate if this happens!
Old 4th July 2023, 12:25   #458
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Booked the ZX Manual guys to replace my 5 year old Baleno.CVT. I had terrible sales experience with Skoda (Tafe Access St. Marks Road) , Seltos and Creta are not safe, XUV 300 is a bit old, only Grand Vitara and Elevate left, Grand Vitara felt under powered ( hope it is safe as it is based on Brezza), so, unless the price is a shocker, tentatively going for Elevate ( hoping it will be 4* safe like city)
Any particular reasons for going to Manual from a CVT ? Did you not consider the Elevate CVT ?
Old 4th July 2023, 12:26   #459
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2471324
This just seems too good to be true. Isn't ZX CVT the highest trim of the Elevate? Please correct me if I am wrong but that would put the ZX MT into the 13.5L region. My guess is that the dealer has bungled the variant in the invoice and its probably the VX Cvt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
Spoke to my dealer to confirm colour and variant. SA was hesitant to share the price saying it will be very competitive. On enquiring further he confirm it will be from 11.xx to 16.xx ex showroom. As per him, lower variant won't undercut Creta but higher varient will be 50-100k less than Creta.He confirmed Honda will be aggressive in pricing and it will be competitive even to City

Pricing and varient will be released in August along with demo cars to showroom. Delivery by mid September.
That would be great. Its interesting that there might be a chance that the Elevate might undercut the City. I thought it was possible looking at the apparent price cutting on the switches and parts which all seemed to be a notch below the city. For me the base variant is also quite loaded going by the leaked features. I think the V Variant priced if priced at around 12.5L would be an absolute steal.

By the way guys, Are alloy wheels of the top trims of Honda Cars available to buy from Honda showrooms to upgrade lower variant buys like they are in Maruti Showrooms? Anyone has experience on this? Thanks.
Old 4th July 2023, 12:40   #460
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2471324
Thanks for sharing. Did you book via Honda website or dealer? If booked via dealer, did they provide the pro-forma invoice? Because the price looks unrealistic, especially when other vehicles in this segment offer their top end CVT model around 16 to 17 ex-showroom (Creta CVT for example)! Am I missing something here?
Old 4th July 2023, 12:55   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Any particular reasons for going to Manual from a CVT ? Did you not consider the Elevate CVT ?
CVT is convenient in the city but takes a lot of time to pickup speed on highways. I have driven city manual and feel the gear box is good and does not need many gear changes to get going. I may change my mind after test drive.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 13:14   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
This is possible since Creta charges a premium currently, however, I am sure Creta will lower prices as well to match Elevate if this happens!
Hyundai will not lower the price of Creta. They will release the new version (which is already available in other countries) and keep the premium.

Experts in forum can clarify, can Elevate platform be extended and make it into a 7 seater? I am hearing second hand information that, there will be two more vehicles based on Elevate and one is the EV. I am wondering what would be the other one.
RedMaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 13:30   #463
BHPian

If your source of information is dependable then it's likely possible as Honda was in a dilemma if their SUV should be a 5 seater or 7 seater while developing the now Elevate.

I too believe that Honda needs something more justified apart from being present in the SUV segment with more options and features.

I remember reading this from Autocar
Old 4th July 2023, 14:04   #464
BHPian

Dealers are asking for balance booking amount for those who made the booking online. They claim the total booking amount is Rs 21,000 and balance needs to be paid. I feel this is stupid and dealers are making it up. Why not charge the full amount online?
Old 4th July 2023, 14:41   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heysac View Post
Dealers are asking for balance booking amount for those who made the booking online. They claim the total booking amount is Rs 21,000 and balance needs to be paid. I feel this is stupid and dealers are making it up. Why not charge the full amount online?
Which dealer is this? On booking online, a registration number is being allocated and sent via sms/mail, so the booking process seems complete. What additional steps will the dealership provide for which the extra amount is asked?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks