Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2023, 14:04   #436

Re: Honda Elevate Preview

Booked ZX cvt and the price is mentioned 14.63 in the proforma Invoice I received. My dealer is saying its the actual price quote received from Honda, although i am having doubts.
ashutoshrawat9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 14:26   #437
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Wasn't 6 airbags supposed to be mandatory from October 2023 ?

Wonder why manufacturers (except Hyundai/Kia) are still shying away from providing all 6 airbags as standard across the range. What a shame !
Old 3rd July 2023, 14:31   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
Dealer also shared some details. I am seeing ADAS and 6 airbags only on the top trim (ZX). If this is true it will be disappointing!
I highly doubt this. The features will likely similar to City. India is anyway making 6 airbags mandatory from 1 Oct and some companies have started offering these as well.
Old 3rd July 2023, 14:39   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
This variant distribution, if true, is really bad. At least the 6 airbags should have been starting from VX, instead of the sunroof.
The Seltos gets 6 airbags and all 4 disc brakes as standard across the variants and promises early delivery too. Still it loses out big time to Creta because it offers panoramic sun roof. Honda has learnt well.
Old 3rd July 2023, 15:41   #440
BHPian

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, Honda I think has never offered 6 airbags in any of their mid-spec models sold in India till date. The VX variants usually get 2/4 airbags. The Civic VX got 4, ZX CVT got 6 and the ZX MT(Diesel) got 4 again! But yeah, Elevate VX should have gotten 6. And I'm surprised they've introduced the Phoenix Orange Pearl and dual tone colour options too. Honda is usually very conservative with colour options.
Old 3rd July 2023, 15:47   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong but, Honda I think has never offered 6 airbags in any of their mid-spec models sold in India till date. The VX variants usually get 2/4 airbags.
Honda City VX gets 6 airbags. Multiple posts on the safety aspect in this thread(Including earlier ones from me) are due to the fact that the safety features of City are not carried over to the Elevate as-is.

Last edited by skarthiksr : 3rd July 2023 at 16:02.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 16:46   #442
Senior - BHPian

Elevate will work if Honda adds the bling features and produces enough cars to keep the waiting period to around 4-5 weeks. The availability itself will make sure the sales are brisk such is the current state of the market.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 18:04   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshrawat9 View Post
Booked ZX cvt and the price is mentioned 14.63 in the proforma Invoice I received. My dealer is saying its the actual price quote received from Honda, although i am having doubts.
Can you confirm the pricing once again ?

In BLR City 5th gen ZX MT is Rs 14.8L ex-showroom and City 5th gen ZX CVT is Rs 16.05 L ex-showroom.

This corresponds to on-road prices in BLR of approximately Rs 18.6L and 20.1L.

This includes approx 15,000 of TCS, which one can get back as a refund.

I would be very surprised if the Elevate is cheaper than this - though it will be a great way to get crowds back to their showrooms.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 3rd July 2023 at 18:58. Reason: Typo
Redline6800 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 18:10   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinated View Post
This variant distribution, if true, is really bad. At least the 6 airbags should have been starting from VX, instead of the sunroof. Nitpicking, the ICE is also smaller, so it might not look well integrated, with big bezels. Hope this is addressed in some way before launch, so that people needing 6 airbags have some option other than top-end.
True. I was expecting 4 airbags in the lower two variants and 6 in the upper two. Rest distribution appears to be as expected. I believe people would rather have curtain and side airbags in VX variant instead of sunroof, if at all a compromise had to be made.
Old 3rd July 2023, 21:20   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motographer View Post
True. I was expecting 4 airbags in the lower two variants and 6 in the upper two. Rest distribution appears to be as expected. I believe people would rather have curtain and side airbags in VX variant instead of sunroof, if at all a compromise had to be made.
While i agree with you about sunroof v/s airbags there are many who lead the charge about having a sunroof.
SedateGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 00:56   #446
BHPian

Booked the ZX Manual guys to replace my 5 year old Baleno.CVT. I had terrible sales experience with Skoda (Tafe Access St. Marks Road) , Seltos and Creta are not safe, XUV 300 is a bit old, only Grand Vitara and Elevate left, Grand Vitara felt under powered ( hope it is safe as it is based on Brezza), so, unless the price is a shocker, tentatively going for Elevate ( hoping it will be 4* safe like city)

Last edited by Satishtv : 4th July 2023 at 01:02.
Satishtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 07:31   #447
BHPian

A friend of mine has booked the Elevate and he tells me there is very strong demand for the Elevate in metros (according to the dealer)
Which makes sense given this is the best all rounder in its segment. Koreans are unsafe, Germans have ASS/maintenance concerns (overblown acc. to some) and GV/Hyryder offerings from the Japanese are underpowered in comparison. It remains to be seen how many cancel/delay their Elevate bookings with the impending Seltos facelift launch. But I personally believe there is a strong demarcation between sections of public that go for Creta/Seltos and those that go for Honda. There is more overlap with VAG and Honda buyers imo and this will eat into VAG numbers than the Koreans'. Honda themselves will be more than content with 5k units per month. The sad reality of today's market is that no auto maker has been able to provide a safe body AND features, performance, reliability and driveability. They all excel in some departments and compromise on others. The Elevate imo is the closest to being a complete all rounder (atleast on paper, assuming city's NCAP)
SutilSapien is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 08:20   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
A friend of mine has booked the Elevate and he tells me there is very strong demand for the Elevate in metros (according to the dealer)
With a booking amount of only 5,000 there will be more than a few non serious bookings. Even I am planning 2 bookings with different dealers.
Old 4th July 2023, 09:41   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
Which makes sense given this is the best all rounder in its segment. Koreans are unsafe, Germans have ASS/maintenance concerns (overblown acc. to some) and GV/Hyryder offerings from the Japanese are underpowered in comparison. It remains to be seen how many cancel/delay their Elevate bookings with the impending Seltos facelift launch. But I personally believe there is a strong demarcation between sections of public that go for Creta/Seltos and those that go for Honda. There is more overlap with VAG and Honda buyers imo and this will eat into VAG numbers than the Koreans'. Honda themselves will be more than content with 5k units per month. The sad reality of today's market is that no auto maker has been able to provide a safe body AND features, performance, reliability and driveability. They all excel in some departments and compromise on others. The Elevate imo is the closest to being a complete all rounder (atleast on paper, assuming city's NCAP)
While the safety perspective is absolutely true, let me give my 2 cents on the current situation. Honda has always been about appealing to the grownup in you. Yes the ivtec motor does appeal to the enthusiast, but it is also an equally tempting proposition for those who want a fuss-free, no hassle experience of ownership and refined drivability.

Coming to the Koreans, they sell in troves because the perceived VFM factor is higher, as people tend to look at the "on-paper" features/bling when gauging VFM rather than the skin deep Structural Build and Integrity of the Body shell.

With all this being said, in my personal opinion, as someone who absolutely loves his 2012 City Manual, I am underwhelmed by the Elevate. It was my first choice as an addition to the garage to compliment our City, but I am now leaning towards the Seltos. And I care about safety, the new Seltos is supposed to come with 6 Airbags and several other Safety tech from the base variant, which may make it safer than the previous iteration

TL/DR, Honda needs to start equipping their Indian lineup with features equivalent to their American Mass Market cars, which are absolute bangers. It is only then that they will have a viable sustainance in the our hyper competitive market space.
sids2705 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 09:48   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline6800 View Post
Can you confirm the pricing once again ?
Attaching snapshot of invoice

Honda Elevate Preview-screenshot_20230704_094421_samsung-notes.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 4th July 2023 at 09:55. Reason: Inserting picture
ashutoshrawat9 is offline   (16) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks