Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2009, 17:08   #151
Senior - BHPian

I do not think that Punto is planned as a Palio replacement. Jan's issue of ACI states that Fiat is planning on providing a new dash board for Palio Stile.
Old 5th January 2009, 17:42   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I do not think that Punto is planned as a Palio replacement. Jan's issue of ACI states that Fiat is planning on providing a new dash board for Palio Stile.
Yes you are right. The fiat sales man said the Palio will be there for years to come. In 2010 the palio will have minor interior changes.

Palio seems to be a car produced for the developing worlds. Ref: wikipedia. So you wont see those cars running in france or UK. But you can see them in Brazil, south africa, India
Old 5th January 2009, 17:48   #153
Senior - BHPian

I know. Its not really easy for Fiat to pack off the Palio and replace it with the GP. Both are cars are miles apart. What I meant is, over the long term, GP might as well sell more than the Linea, of course being a segment lower. And Linea is more like a test to see how the market reacts to a new Fiat product, and accordingly plan for the GP.
Old 5th January 2009, 18:38   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post
Yes you are right. The fiat sales man said the Palio will be there for years to come. In 2010 the palio will have minor interior changes.

Palio seems to be a car produced for the developing worlds. Ref: wikipedia. So you wont see those cars running in france or UK. But you can see them in Brazil, south africa, India
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...or-2010-a.html

I hope this information is still true....
Old 5th January 2009, 19:39   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Fiat has dropped a massive chance by not launching it.

With Hyundai out with i20 and Honda Coming out with jazz in the mid of the year, grande punto will have competition which is very hard to beat.

Poor strategy by Fiat.
Thumbs Down .
I really dont think so, the FIAT linea was so late only because Fiat-India wanted it to be launched in highly localised parst which can make the price competitive. Even with about 50% localisation, they have acheived a perfect balance of price and feature and the best VFM for the last decade.
If the feature rich Linea can come up in this price, just imagine what could be the price of a Grande punto. By the time grande will be launched, the localisation is expected to go upto 80% for Linea which can inturn make to price of Grande punto even lesser since almost 85% of the mechancals are shared between Linea and Grande Punto.

I can bet that, once Grande punto is launched; it will the best VFM.
You may please watch out for my words
Old 6th January 2009, 11:44   #156
BHPian

@shineshine:I hope what you are saying turns out to be good for the GP when ots launched, b/w I just found this article on PUG

This is the TD on GP and Linnea at the Fiat's winter testing facility.

http://www.zigwheels.com/cars_in_ind...ic--FiatsArct\
ic1_20080327--/INDT/Reviews/FiatsArctic1_20080327--1--3
Old 6th January 2009, 13:24   #157
BHPian

there is no point comparing the two. palio is entry level hatch , punto is going to be premium hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritz830 View Post

Old 11th January 2009, 19:18   #158
BHPian

Spotted 5 Grand Puntos

Spotted 5 Grand Puntos today on Ahmednagar - Pune highway. Couldnt take pics as they were on opposite side of toll-naka.

The car has awesome road presence, is huge and has a distinct 'i own the road' character.
Old 11th January 2009, 20:33   #159
BHPian

I haven't driven a palio for 6 years now, but the GP's interior did remind me of it., the same dash coming down all the way to the floor at the passenger side and a similar wheel like the palio GTX, the controls and instrument cluster was way different.
Old 11th January 2009, 20:58   #160
BHPian

No news on the Punto launch... waiting for another scoop, quite eagerly.
Old 12th January 2009, 00:41   #161
BHPian

Fiat has become quite active as there is a ceo corner questionare on the fiats website awhich is quite active and i have asked them two questions and received the details within two days.

This was the conversation between me and the ceo of fiat through the ceo corner.

I have been looking forward to the launch of grande punto since past year and have been postponing my decision to buy a new car,but the wait is getting longer.I think fiat should move quicker as exciting models can shun the slowdown in the market.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Rohit,

We would be launching Grande Punto in the early part of the 2009. this is mainly due to the delay in the launch of Linea. As of today, Linea is all set to be launched on 14th January 2009. when speaking of recession, globally FIAT is being cautious of its steps towards its liabilities. Hence we want to be sure we would not falter at any point in these tough times.

Its just that we are being cautious and hoping for the revival of the market soon.

Regards,

Rajeev Kapoor

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th January 2009 at 09:25.
Old 12th January 2009, 10:18   #162
BHPian

This was the answer to my query on launch date of GP to ceocorner:
The Grande Punto, is scheduled for launch early next year. Unfortunately you will have to wait till that time. Thank you very much for your interest in our product. We will keep you updated on the happenings with Grande Punto

Does Jan/Feb/March look probable?

Last edited by reppy : 12th January 2009 at 10:20.
Old 12th January 2009, 10:37   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
The Grande Punto, is scheduled for launch early next year. Unfortunately you will have to wait till that time. Thank you very much for your interest in our product. We will keep you updated on the happenings with Grande Punto

Man you are scaring me, does 'early next year' mean 2010 or its in context of 2008, when it means 2009 ?
Old 12th January 2009, 10:41   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Man you are scaring me, does 'early next year' mean 2010 or its in context of 2008, when it means 2009 ?
Hehe. Sorry about that! This was a query I did somewhere in Sep 08 I think. I received the answer on 4th Oct 08.

Last edited by reppy : 12th January 2009 at 10:43.
Old 12th January 2009, 11:29   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post

I think it will be April/May. Can't see them launching it sooner than that
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks