Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2007, 23:07   #76
Team-BHP Support

5.69 ex delhi, damn it will be 7 lakh on road territory in bangalore.

details here and its launched!! Hyundai Motor India launches Getz Diesel

and old news

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th September 2007 at 23:14. Reason: missed one post, in between, all the exitment
Old 27th September 2007, 23:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
I love it! Small cars with big engines is what I always wanted! Now...lets see the Swifts response to this. Will they remap their little diesel to put out 85hp? Atleast that would provide some competition.
You just stole my words. I love small cars easy to drive... Even though i am light footed but at times while overtaking i need power (stupid truck and bus drivers hehe)... Now i can think of buying a diesel
Old 27th September 2007, 23:27   #78
BHPian

27th September , 2007
Hyundai Motor India launches Getz Diesel
Diesel variant to offer more power and economy

New Delhi, September 27, 2007: Hyundai Motor India Ltd, India's second largest car manufacturer and largest passenger car exporter, today launched the much awaited diesel variant of the Getz Prime, India’s first truly global car, incorporating features that meet global standards of performance and safety.

Commenting on the launch of the Getz Prime Diesel, H S Lheem, Managing Director, Hyundai Motor India Limited said, “Following the success of Getz Prime in India, we have decided to add another variant to the Getz Prime range. The diesel variant will provide the much needed economy for some of our customers who travel long distances everyday. The state-of-the-art, CRDi diesel power plant also does away with the myth that economy comes at the cost of driving pleasure. This 1.5 litre engine is quiet, extremely powerful and absolute fun to drive. It will enable our customers to enjoy the performance of a power packed diesel engine.

The performance and safety features of the Getz Prime is what has made it an immensely popular car in the markets abroad specially in Europe where it is liked for its sporty styling, performance and safety. In terms of safety the Getz Prime meets the stringent European safety norms and in fact enjoys a 4 star European NCAP rating”.

The new Getz Prime 1.5 Diesel is a performance driven, four cylinder, Common Rail Direct Injection (CRDi) turbo charged engine with VGT, which produces an impressive 110 PS@4000 rpm as peak power and ensures quick response and robust acceleration. With an impressive torque of 24 kgm@1900~2750rpm, the car has excellent pick-up and performance. A ground clearance of 160 mm makes it perfect for Indian roads. The engine is mated to an efficient 5-speed manual transmission.

Available in new beige colour interiors, the new Getz Prime 1.5 Diesel is truly India’s most modern car with power packed performance and superb ergonomics.

HMIL in April 2007 had launched the new Getz Prime in two engine variants. The economical 1.1 litre and the more powerful 1.3 litre petrol engines. The Getz Prime Diesel is the new addition to the line-up and is expected to hugely bolster the popularity of the Getz Prime.

The Getz Prime, in fact, is exported from India and it has received a tremendous response from the car buyers in Europe. Altogether starting from March 2007 till now 13,668 units have been exported and this year alone 24,000 units will be shipped mainly to Greece, Germany, Italy and Spain. Getz Prime is exported to well over 20 countries in Europe and in these markets it has proven to be a popular and safe car.

From next year onwards with increased production capacity India will become the main sourcing hub for the Getz Prime and this is in keeping with the idea of making India a hub for small car exports. The list of the countries to which the Getz Prime is exported will grow substantially over the next few years with South Africa, Israel and Turkey added to the list immediately.

The Getz Prime Diesel will be available in showrooms across India after the first week of October 2007 and will be sold with a showroom price of Rs 569,900 (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Old 27th September 2007, 23:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a good car. I hope Hyundai has beefed up the suspension and stiffened it a little. I had driven my colleague's Getz petrol and I was not too impressed with that soft suspension.

This definitely is in my list now. Good show Hyundai.
Old 27th September 2007, 23:31   #80
Senior - BHPian

Im completely enticed by this variant just reading through. Already own a Getz P in the company and a fan of its build and comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
i feel mesmerized with the news though.
Quote:
5.69 ex delhi, damn it will be 7 lakh on road territory in bangalore
Now the question remains when?

Last edited by s0uljah : 27th September 2007 at 23:49. Reason: busa's estimation below more accurate
Old 27th September 2007, 23:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

If its 110bhp as stock I wonder what a Pete's box will do to it?

Lets hope the Getz D gives good competiton to the Swift.
Old 27th September 2007, 23:37   #82
Senior - BHPian

Getz 5.69 Lacs Ex Showroom with (ABS)
OTR Mumbai - ~ 6.2L
15inchers + 205s = 40k
Petes Tuning Box - 30k
Green Filter - 7k
Struts and Suspension work for better handling - 10k

Around 7Lacs and voila Hot Hot Hatch with 130bhp power and 27KGM TORQUE
Old 27th September 2007, 23:46   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5.69 ex delhi, damn it will be 7 lakh on road territory in bangalore.

details here and its launched!! Hyundai Motor India launches Getz Diesel

and old news
I wonder why there's no news of PA on the HMIL site which has already reached the major dealerships across the country for its launch.
Old 27th September 2007, 23:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

Well 110bhp Verna engine is one thing, going by the real world feel of driving a verna that Swift will always be more of a darling to drive.

I hope they have altered the headnodding capabilities of the Getz.
Old 27th September 2007, 23:53   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Swift will always be more of a darling to drive.
Yes one cant take that away from the Swift, esp handling. Getz is dearer when it come to rear space and imo build quality.

The DDis/MJD engine is a gem too.... and for me Fiesta over Verna. Im hella confused. All sorts of devious plans running through my head to get dad to consider the Getz diesel now.
Old 28th September 2007, 00:14   #86
BHPian

Glad they finally launched this car. I hope it gives the Swift a good fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
A ground clearance of 160 mm makes it perfect for Indian roads.
Is this a typo? The Getz's spec page doesn't talk about the ground clearance. Why are they making a great deal about this? This is pretty low considering the WagonR and Swift have a GC of 165mm and 170mm respectively. And the UVA has a GC of 188mm!
Old 28th September 2007, 00:44   #87
BHPian

A 110bhp 1.5 ltr engine in Getz seems doubtfull to me. And if its going to happen, then the price factor would anyways hamper its sells. I would rather wait for 6 months for the Swift VDi
the SX4 diesel from suzuki would be the car to watch out for,its going to be tough for Verna too!!
Old 28th September 2007, 01:32   #88
Senior - BHPian

Ok. So, Economy of scale lured them into opting for the Verna engine.
Old 28th September 2007, 01:40   #89

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Ok. So, Economy of scale lured them into opting for the Verna engine.
this way they can increase their profit in the verna crdi as well.
Old 28th September 2007, 01:41   #90
Senior - BHPian

Funny they're launching it with the Verna's VGT. They could have saved 10k or more launching it without the VGT and still been more powerful than the Swift.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks