Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2007, 15:09   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofid View Post
The Ikon 1.3 pushrod or the 1.4 from the current Indian Fiesta?
The 1.3 pushrod went out 4 years ago, we then got the scaled down Rocam and as Autocar India put it with less Josh than the 1.6

I guess Ford should try a scaled down 1.2 from the 1.4,1.5 Duratec series with about 70 horses
Old 20th November 2007, 15:22   #77
Senior - BHPian

So if Verve is the facelifted FIESTA to be launched in 2009/10, then probably the pics posted and the car spotted by Ben and John are indeed the "new" FUSION for India? I may be completely wrong here but this is what it looks like to me
Old 20th November 2007, 15:28   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grvanand View Post
Its indeed a Ford Fiesta sold in Europe. Just hope that it comes with the 1.6L engine and if that happens, its going to take the throne of Indian Hot Hatch replacing the long ruler Palio 1.6.
But Palio would still be the tank-like-car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
So if Verve is the facelifted FIESTA to be launched in 2009/10, then probably the pics posted and the car spotted by Ben and John are indeed the "new" FUSION for India? I may be completely wrong here but this is what it looks like to me
But we did see the 'FIESTA' badging in one of those cars.
Old 20th November 2007, 19:04   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
This gets confusing when Ford plan to import Mazda kits for small cars. More here
Ford have always been reluctant to bring in a small car. In that case, why not look at introducing the young and zesty Mazda 2 hatch? This would create a clear demarcation within the Ford stable. They run no risk of 'diluting' the Ford brand by selling small cars. (ask Hyundai) An earlier Mazda 2 thread..http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...a-2-demio.html

This would also give Ford the chance to establish Mazda as a youthful, energetic brand..remember the josh machine..?! They need a small capacity petrol from Mazda, the 1.4 TDCi is already here.

The Mazda 2 sedan was recently showcased in China. The whole package looks 'cool'. The interiors are more than a match for the Hyundai i10.The sedan could also be a replacement for the now aging Ikon.

Pics and story here.. Mazda 2 Sedan World Debut at Guangzhou Motor Show

Quote:
Firstly, the Verve notch looks gorgeous doesnt she?! Lets beg Ford to replace the Fiesta sedan with this stunner!

The car in ben's pic is the Fiesta hatch in europe, no doubts about that, yours truly was lucky enough to drive it. But, amtak might have a point. They might just re-badge this car as the next 'Fusion' in India, bring the price down and share engine, parts and a whole lot else with the Fiesta sedan.

Disclaimer: the above was written after ingesting a huge pinch of salt.
Old 20th November 2007, 22:32   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
But we did see the 'FIESTA' badging in one of those cars.
I agree but how difficult it is to "rename" a car with a fresh set of stickers??? Zen is Alto somewhere so is Santro (Atos)!
Old 20th November 2007, 22:38   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree but how difficult it is to "rename" a car with a fresh set of stickers??? Zen is Alto somewhere so is Santro (Atos)!
You certainly don't have to go to a church, i know that.
Old 21st November 2007, 10:12   #82
Team-BHP Support

The Verve looks a tad too futuristic for the Indian market, IMO.
I seriously doubt they would lauch the Verve here, atleast not for the next 3 years.

The hatch we clicked replacing the Fusion? Hmm, that would make the 'Fusion' an even more confused car/vehicle.
Old 21st November 2007, 11:54   #83
BHPian

Happened to meet someone from Ford (a couple of days back)and here the inside take.
1. The small car in the pics is not the one which they plan to launch in India. Its just a test mule. They plan to launch a new Hatch sometime in 2009. It wont be called the Fiesta for sure.
2. They are planning to launch the new Focus and the Mondeo before they launch the hatch. These are slated for a 2008 Q3 launch.

They are planning to make India as the hub of their manufacturing for South East Asia and plans are already afloat to transfer technology from Australia to a Indian development center.

Last edited by RacingForIndia : 21st November 2007 at 11:55. Reason: Spellings
Old 21st November 2007, 12:00   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingForIndia View Post
1. The small car in the pics is not the one which they plan to launch in India. Its just a test mule. They plan to launch a new Hatch sometime in 2009. It wont be called the Fiesta for sure.
You broke my heart by saying that! I was hoping to buy that car in the near future.
Old 21st November 2007, 12:26   #85
BHPian

Quote:
You broke my heart by saying that! I was hoping to buy that car in the near future.
Believe me, I was chest fallen when I heard that myself.
Old 21st November 2007, 12:29   #86
Team-BHP Support

Pics of the Focus has been posted by LandCruiser on the forum. so, it does look possible they would launch it.
Old 21st November 2007, 12:37   #87
BHPian

I have seen those pics but I hope they bring the 2008 Focus and not the dated one to India. A dated product would also mean that the India operations will be a version behind than then rest of the world and I doubt if Ford can afford that kind of image in India.
Old 26th November 2007, 15:55   #88
BHPian

I saw these cars near Tambaram, Chennai. Actually 3 cars passed by followed by a Santro and a Swift in similar RED number plates meaning they are test cars. Some kind of comparison is happening I suppose.
Old 26th November 2007, 16:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
I saw these cars near Tambaram, Chennai. Actually 3 cars passed by followed by a Santro and a Swift in similar RED number plates meaning they are test cars. Some kind of comparison is happening I suppose.
Where was your cam phone then?? The more we see these test mules, the near could be their launch date!
Old 26th November 2007, 16:58   #90
Team-BHP Support

So the competition is with the Swift, which is pretty obvious. But the Santro?!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks