Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2008, 18:23   #91
srh
BHPian

I don't think that the Dzire is going to impact the higher segment cars (Verna/NHC) or even the Fiesta/ Aveo. It will still be perceived as just a Swift with a boot. In terms of overall space, utility and comfort it cannot compete with the bigger cars. The Indigo on the other hand has a huge price advantage especially the CS. But still Indigo sales would be impacted.
Old 26th March 2008, 18:31   #92
Senior - BHPian

Very nice pricing of the dzire will prove it tough time for almost all the competitors.Not in a position to predict anything regarding SX4.I have 2 people now who in spite of seeing and knowing the price of dzire they are buying the sx4.
ram
Old 26th March 2008, 19:00   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post

Verna Petrol vs Dzire Petrol:
Verna a clear winner. No Match

Verna Diesel vs Dzire Diesel:
Verna a clear winner. No Match

Comments Guys.
You are right.

To me DZire is for typical "Kanjoos" crowd.

It steals away the sporty look/characer of a Swift.

And just because NHC did not came with an Airbag dont prevent me from buying a Honda. Honda engine is the best small car engine in the world.

Remember, how Maruti advertize the Swift - "On board 5 computers!"
All cars have Computers/ECU. Maruti is trying to tell the public as if more computers make car better. In the end, it still has 1 ECU box underneath - end of story. Thats what i call - Cheap shot advertizing!
You can put 10 computers in a G13, it doesnt make any difference to the mechanicals, because it is still a rough 1980s engine.
Old 26th March 2008, 19:50   #94
BHPian

Look at the punchlines on the website ! "Your DZire to make heads turn" / "Your DZire to landmark status" !
Indeed. It'll surely make the heads turn, but in disgust. Landmark status? Now, thats a hilarious one. Such a blunt product with rotund pregnant contours, that even Indigo, Sienna and Logan look far better.
The topic is subjective, but I sincerely believe people should stop comparing it to Verna, Fiesta and NHC.

Last edited by scorp 1 : 26th March 2008 at 19:55.
Old 26th March 2008, 23:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

[quote=aerohit;772733]You are right.

And Verna / NHC owners are "Kanjoos" crowd to an Accord / Laura owner. Then, Accord / Laura owners are "Kanjoos" crowd to a BMW / Merc owner. BMW / Merc owners are "Kanjoos" crowd to a Bentley / RR owner. And so it goes. You must not ridicule lesser cars just because you own an NHC. NHC is not the last word in automotive engineering as you may think. Petrol NHC gets beaten even by petrol Swift in pick up as well as top speed. So what's so great about NHC? And yes, NHC is also a hatch-based sedan like Dzire. I like Honda cars, too. Love those Accords and Civics. But NHC? Naaaa!!!

SupremBaleno is right about snobbery. With cars being available from 2 lakhs to 4 crores, cars separated by 1-2 lakhs rupees ( Dzire from Verna / NHC ) do not fall that far apart from each other. They more or less fall in the same class. What is 1-2 lakh rupee diff when we have cars costing crores right here in India?
Old 26th March 2008, 23:28   #96
BANNED

Why are you still a newbie even after 53 posts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I like Honda cars, too. Love those Accords and Civics. But NHC? Naaaa!!!
Old 26th March 2008, 23:54   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
You are right.

You will have to write a dictionary for people buying any car priced below dzire.
I cant imagine what kind of people will buy nano!!
Also what is your opinion about people who buy cycles - I guess they wont have a right to exist on this mother earth.
And lo I forgot pedestrians.
Old 27th March 2008, 00:15   #98
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Honda engine is the best small car engine in the world.
No wonder they have announced that its going to be axed in time for the next city!
Quote:
Remember, how Maruti advertize the Swift - "On board 5 computers!" All cars have Computers/ECU. Maruti is trying to tell the public as if more computers make car better. In the end, it still has 1 ECU box underneath - end of story. Thats what i call - Cheap shot advertizing!

Please take Honda City page now. Honda City Zx India, Honda City Car India, Hondacity In India: Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. It shows in a big flash screen-
Quote:
New value additions in the city. BODY COLOUR MIRRORS AND DOOR HANDLES. NO PRICE CHANGE
In a car costing 7-9L, body coloured mirrors and door handles is a new value addition? What do you call this kind of advertising then?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 27th March 2008 at 00:18.
Old 27th March 2008, 01:46   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
You are right.

And Verna / NHC owners are "Kanjoos" crowd to an Accord / Laura owner. Then, Accord / Laura owners are "Kanjoos" crowd to a BMW / Merc owner. BMW / Merc owners are "Kanjoos" crowd to a Bentley / RR owner. And so it goes. You must not ridicule lesser cars just because you own an NHC. NHC is not the last word in automotive engineering as you may think. Petrol NHC gets beaten even by petrol Swift in pick up as well as top speed. So what's so great about NHC? And yes, NHC is also a hatch-based sedan like Dzire. I like Honda cars, too. Love those Accords and Civics. But NHC? Naaaa!!!

SupremBaleno is right about snobbery. With cars being available from 2 lakhs to 4 crores, cars separated by 1-2 lakhs rupees ( Dzire from Verna / NHC ) do not fall that far apart from each other. They more or less fall in the same class. What is 1-2 lakh rupee diff when we have cars costing crores right here in India?
1st. Swift can't beat NHC, I think you are a newbie swift owner and havnt driven NHC upto the extreme.
2nd. It is not just Price which brought Dzire in the different leage but Performance too. As i said in my previous post. Dzire is no match to NHC or Verna by any means. Hope you wont start on Verna now that Swift is more powerful than Verna in pickup as well as top speed.

Chillax mate, If you like Dzire or Swift, thats good, but You should not go for irrelevant comparisons. like Swift or Dzire vs NHC or Verna.
Old 27th March 2008, 07:58   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
1st. Swift can't beat NHC, I think you are a newbie swift owner and havnt driven NHC upto the extreme.
2nd. It is not just Price which brought Dzire in the different leage but Performance too. As i said in my previous post. Dzire is no match to NHC or Verna by any means. Hope you wont start on Verna now that Swift is more powerful than Verna in pickup as well as top speed.

Chillax mate, If you like Dzire or Swift, thats good, but You should not go for irrelevant comparisons. like Swift or Dzire vs NHC or Verna.
Gangsta , what he is trying to say is , that people may go for a comparison before they actually buy the car. We have knowledge ( plus our own views ) but the same knowledge may not be shared by "aam junta" and they may really end up comparing the cars and actually settling down for a cheaper version. That is how the Indian mentality is brother and that is how i was too until i got to know of team-bhp !
Old 27th March 2008, 08:16   #101
Team-BHP Support

NHC is a different segment. A potential NHC guy will not buy a dzire or a indigo.
dzire's main aim is to tell people that they do not have to spend 7.2L ex showroom to get a modern diesel engine. Sure there is the indigo DICOR, and Mahindra Logan, but Tata and Mahindra have this "trucker and agricultural" image in the minds of many WagonR/Santro etc., customers.
When that customer wanted a hatch, the only option was Accent petrol, with diesels being too expensive.
Dzire will rule lower midsize.
However due to horrid rear legroom, people who want to lug their families around will still opt for Indigo/Logan
Old 27th March 2008, 08:30   #102
Senior - BHPian

Aesthetically, I'd prefer the IndigoCS anyday over this, and its cheaper too. No major threat, I'd say. They could not even get even neutral looking angles for the website, so I have my doubts about the car in the flesh. A regular Swift anyday - actually looks great - if you're not too keen on the boot.
Old 27th March 2008, 09:58   #103
tez
BHPian

Quote:
You are right.

It steals away the sporty look/characer of a Swift.

And just because NHC did not came with an Airbag dont prevent me from buying a Honda. Honda engine is the best small car engine in the world.

Remember, how Maruti advertize the Swift - "On board 5 computers!"
All cars have Computers/ECU. Maruti is trying to tell the public as if more computers make car better. In the end, it still has 1 ECU box underneath - end of story. Thats what i call - Cheap shot advertizing!
You can put 10 computers in a G13, it doesnt make any difference to the mechanicals, because it is still a rough 1980s engine.

lets not brand future dzire owners as kanjoos because nano owners would end up being 'poor' and 2-wheelers owners even worse. Only tbhp owners and car enthusiasts know about 5 computers and ecu. Is it a common knowledge that cars have ecu?
Old 27th March 2008, 09:58   #104
BHPian

1. 6,47,483 Maruti SX4 VXi
  2. 6,55,262 Mahindra-Renault Logan DLS 1.5 dci
  3. 6,56,891 Hyundai Verna i
  4. 6,57,633 Ford Fiesta 1.6 ZXi
  5. 6,70,567 Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS
  6. 6,75,000 Mitsubishi Lancer 1.5 LXi
  7. 6,76,329 Hyundai Verna Xi
  8. 6,87,447 Tata Indigo XL Grand Petrol
  9. 6,91,682 Maruti Swift Dzire Zdi
Looking at the price, a prospective buyer looking for Diesel ZDi Dzire may compare this variant with some of the larger sedans in same price band.
Old 27th March 2008, 10:13   #105
BHPian

There was a time when I was in car sales, we used to sell Opel Astra cars to prospective owners saying it was the 'wise man's Merc', just to empahsise on the German engineering aspect. Obviously, we couldnt tell him/her that it was a 'poor man's Merc' because in those days ( in the late 90s) an E class was about 30L and an Astra Petrol Club was about 10L OTR. Nevertheless, whether the two were comparable is another story, but the fact that customer's liked to own a german engineered car at a lesser price compared to the Merc did work at time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks