Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2008, 13:23   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Saw the Dzire yesterday. Looks that it is the result of a one night stand between the swift and some other car left in a public parking.
One night stand !!! ROFL !!! That says it all !
Old 27th March 2008, 14:24   #122
Senior - BHPian

I seriously feel that the accent GLE would get a beating.Though sales figure of all others would go down i fell accent would be the worst affected.The VFM option which the dzire puts forward cannot be matched by it in any chance.
ram
Old 27th March 2008, 14:38   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Saw the Dzire yesterday. Looks that it is the result of a one night stand between the swift and some other car left in a public parking.
That is the best way to justify the odd fat-boy looks of the Dzire.
Old 27th March 2008, 16:45   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
lets not brand future dzire owners as kanjoos because nano owners would end up being 'poor' and 2-wheelers owners even worse.
Yeah, and Safaris and Scorpios will begin being called 'poor man's SUV'!!.

Come on, now! Every individual has a right to choose his next car according to his budget and requirements. So, even a guy who buys a M800 will get that snob value in front of a man who owns a scooter, and a person with a scooter/bike will have the same in front of a cyclist...and the list goes on.

In my opinion, the car that a person gets for himself is the best suited for him at that time, and that's all that matters.
Old 27th March 2008, 18:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
I seriously feel that the accent GLE would get a beating.Though sales figure of all others would go down i fell accent would be the worst affected.The VFM option which the dzire puts forward cannot be matched by it in any chance.
ram
Yup agree with you. You didnt mention about the Ikon 1.3 Flair. Ikon also will surely take a beating from Dzire. Suprisingly one of the -ve's of Dzire which everyone is talking about is the legroom rather than the looks. Because in the beginning everyone was like Yuck. I guess people have kinda accepted the looks.
Old 27th March 2008, 19:07   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Dzire is no match to NHC or Verna by any means.
NHC faster than swift? (Unless its the VTec you meant, which is in a different price segment altogether!)

With the added weight, i think DZIRE would also be faster than the city.
Old 27th March 2008, 20:05   #127
BHPian

I just checked the Dzire website, and I saw the 360 degree view of the car. In my opinion, except from the front, the car looks very good from all angles. From the front, you can't tell whether it is the Swift hatch or the Dzire (okay okay the chrome in the centre is there, but hardly noticeable). It is my guess that that is the reason why MSIL has deliberately not posted the front angle image in their website (except in the 360 degree section).

Wonder what would have been the Indian car scene if the Dzire had been launched before the Swift?
Old 28th March 2008, 00:21   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
I just checked the Dzire website, and I saw the 360 degree view of the car. In my opinion, except from the front, the car looks very good from all angles. From the front, you can't tell whether it is the Swift hatch or the Dzire (okay okay the chrome in the centre is there, but hardly noticeable). It is my guess that that is the reason why MSIL has deliberately not posted the front angle image in their website (except in the 360 degree section).

Wonder what would have been the Indian car scene if the Dzire had been launched before the Swift?
Man! i had seen in real. Today also at DD Motors, New Delhi. Yuck!! A Preggy Swift for sure. Swift Hatchback looks much better than Dzire, even if Dzire comes with the mods like gt skirts n all those stuffs.
Dudes, It may be psychologically. What if Dzire came before Swift Hatchback?
comments on this strong point of psychological Factor bhpians

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
NHC faster than swift? (Unless its the VTec you meant, which is in a different price segment altogether!)

As i said i found NHC to be lil ahead in the performance. May be i'm wrong.

Last edited by Gangsta : 28th March 2008 at 00:26.
Old 28th March 2008, 01:15   #129
BANNED

If you compare the specs, NHC is a heavy car for its engine. But the amazing iDSI does its job adequately.

I had many run-ins with aggressive Swift drivers. I found that Swift drivers completely back off after 140Kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Old 28th March 2008, 01:39   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
If you compare the specs, NHC is a heavy car for its engine. But the amazing iDSI does its job adequately.
What the amazing iDSi engine does is to increase the torque at low-rpms and also give good FE. City produces 12.7 kgm@2700 rpm compared to 11.3kgm@4500 rpm of the swift. This low torque at low rpm is what gives the city good driveability in the city, mated with good FE.

However, flat-out acceleration is a different story. Here swift 87 bhp is a good difference compared to City's 78 bhp, also taking into consideration city is 55 kgs heavier.
Quote:
I had many run-ins with aggressive Swift drivers. I found that Swift drivers completely back off after 140Kmph.
Anyways, congrats on your victory with "aggressive" Swift drivers, who are scared to take their cars above 140 kmph!
Old 28th March 2008, 06:26   #131
BHPian

Quote:
However, due to its pricing, sound drivetrain, Maruti brand image and A** and the fact that ther are a large number of people to whom a car with a boot means a big upmarket car, the Dzire will sell in huge numbers. Though NHC and the SX4 need not loose too much sleep over it ( anly a few stray buyers will go in for Dzire over these two) Accent, Ikon and Logan will suffer.

As for me , I am going ahead with the SX4 ZXI!
I guess sales over a period of time, and competition reaction, will tell where Dzire will eat into - just Accent, Ikon, Logan (as one would want to slot it into) or will it step into the boundaries of NHC,SX4,Aveo,Fiesta,...

FWIW, I'm one of those who is seriously considering buying the Dzire, albeit it was SX4 ZXI I was looking at earlier. There's more than meets to the eye when one gets into the actual buying process, as someone else said in this thread earlier. And, this is not defending a choice.

The one desire I wish Dzire had more of is rear seat leg room space. That would have fitted the vehicle to a T, IMHO, of course.
Old 28th March 2008, 07:55   #132
BHPian

Swift VDI should be afraid of the Dzire LDI.
Logan should be afraid of the Dzire.
SX4 VXI should be afraid of the Dzire ZDI.
Old 28th March 2008, 10:08   #133
BHPian

Well well, the launch is just about through and the Dzire is to be upgraded again. Relax folks only a price increase is what i was talking about.
rediff.com: This is what the Swift DZire is like

I guess the competitors will be a little more happy.
Old 28th March 2008, 12:50   #134
BHPian

I guess swift drivers are more rational having regards for their and other's life.

Quote:

Old 28th March 2008, 15:19   #135
BHPian

Today i had been to DD Motors, They only have Diesel Ver. for the Test drive for Dzire.
Their first line was that "Sir, we just had added a boot to the car and thats it. Everything is the same as the Swift, including internal space"

They had given good features in the car with good price but Built quality is again not upto the mark.

I had to wait for 2 hours for the test drive, so i came back home.
On Road Price in Delhi:
Petrol:-
Dzire LXI: Rs. 493305
Dzire VXI: Rs. 544571
Dzire ZXI: Rs. 643898

Diesel:-
Dzire LDI: Rs. 589427
Dzire VDI: Rs. 638557
Dzire ZDI: Rs. 729339

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks