Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2008, 00:18   #46
BHPian

Way to go HM. For the first time, I'm not looking down upon HM and mitsubishi-India. At 21 lacs, India is gonna see a hell lot of Evos! I'm dancing around like crazy already.
Old 1st April 2008, 00:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

Great news! I hope that the final selling price does stay around 21-23L. At that price, it's a very good deal, especially since this is a CBU.
The folks at Mistu now need to pull up their socks on the a.s.s front. I mentioned this on the new Lancer thread, and I'll mention it again. Unless they back up these brilliant machines with competent and efficient support, Mitsubishi have had it.
I sincerely hope that HM will be sidelined in this regard.
Old 1st April 2008, 03:11   #48
Senior - BHPian

I really doubt if the Evo will come here for 21lakhs. IMO it will be around the 27-29 lakh range which still makes it a great buy. The Indian Enthusiast has never had it so good. cheers: to Mitsubishi and HM for deciding to bring the car to India.
Old 1st April 2008, 07:23   #49
BHPian

I hope they dont detune it for indian roads, that would suck.
Old 1st April 2008, 10:17   #50
Senior - BHPian

Well if not for Indian roads they will surely have to detune it for Indian Fuel i.e. quality + low octane fuel
Old 1st April 2008, 10:46   #51
BHPian

How does it compare with Accord V6 3.5 litre ( new one) that is yet to be launched? I guess an Accord V6 will be much better buy in real life considering creature comforts and our road conditions and the Honda service network.
Old 1st April 2008, 11:03   #52
BHPian

luxury sedan ?? If the price is going to be closer to 30 lacs as few of us have speculated, then i'd rather like the evo with few of the rally specs..the roll cage, brembos, rally shocks et all..who wants luxury on an evo. If not everything atleast few of these that would fit the price
Old 1st April 2008, 11:25   #53
BHPian

Can't wait for the launch(too early though).
Was always a Mitsu fan and would love to see the EVO on Indian roads(Does it have enough GC????).
I hope they don't detune the engine, which they probably will , for FE and other things a typical Indian wants in his car.
Old 1st April 2008, 12:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Many out there would be of the opinion that its highly priced maybe we are used to see lancer costing 7.5 lakhs to 9 lakhs.But this one is an altogether different machine and HM would be having a tough time marketing this one in the right slot.
ram
Old 1st April 2008, 15:54   #55
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
HM would be having a tough time marketing this one in the right slot.
ram
Unfortunately, I think you have hit the nail right on the head. This thread is proof that people can get confused between the EVO and the regular lancer. And thats on a petrolhead community!

HM has a uphill task ahead, of effectively differentiating between the two in its promotions. I do hope that they adopt marketing strategies better than what they have in the past.

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2008 at 15:56.
Old 1st April 2008, 16:16   #56
Senior - BHPian

If only HM had done this earlier & updated Lancers on a timely basis :(
Old 1st April 2008, 18:35   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unfortunately, I think you have hit the nail right on the head. This thread is proof that people can get confused between the EVO and the regular lancer. And thats on a petrolhead community!

HM has a uphill task ahead, of effectively differentiating between the two in its promotions. I do hope that they adopt marketing strategies better than what they have in the past.
I'm sure HM isn't really looking at numbers too much for the EVO. There is definitely a HUGE enthusiast population in India who know what an EVO is and what it can do and will also know why it is priced the way it is. Price it around 25-27 and they have a winner on their hands.

If one looks at the RS. There are a tonne of people who will think its bonkers to go for a petrol gas guzzler just for the alloys and for things here and there. But then again there are quite a few who don't mind paying extra for the performance.

Also the Yamaha R1. Yamaha has got some pretty decent numbers for the R1 inspite of the fact that it can be imported for cheaper on your own. There are a lot of buyers who also want the peace of mind and want to make sure that they are putting their money down on a legit vehicle with full support from the company.

Last edited by khanak : 1st April 2008 at 18:41.
Old 1st April 2008, 18:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

GTO i had seen an evo advt on tv some weeks back.It was killer advt.The same red car was the focal point .So simple and smart,hope its just the begining.
ram
Old 1st April 2008, 18:57   #59
BHPian

21 lakhs would be a great India price. Lets just hope it doesn't end up closer to 30 by the time it is launched. HM would do well to beef up their a.s.s as well, hopefully. If it does come out it probably will be detuned to allow for low fuel quality.
Old 1st April 2008, 19:03   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEM View Post
Guys
Check this out....another year and the true blue race car will be here...(albeit at a price).......
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution @ Rs 21.7 lakh
I was thrilled to read this. However, when I read the article again, I noticed that the 21L price was not quoted by HM officials. It is probably a conjecture on the part of reporter. Going by HM's track record (Montero, Pajero) in India, it will be probably be close to 30L ex showroom.

I sincerely hope that HM does price it closer to 22L so that a lot of Indians can get a taste of true performance. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
How does it compare with Accord V6 3.5 litre ( new one) that is yet to be launched? I guess an Accord V6 will be much better buy in real life considering creature comforts and our road conditions and the Honda service network.

Why would anyone ever compare the great EVO to an accord. EVO is an out and out performance machine. The fact that it is a four door sedan and can be used as such is a great attribute of it. However, it shouldn't be compared with comfy large family sedans.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks