Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:43   #31
BHPian

Wow....The white Lineas sure look good! Nice scoop!

What did the rim size look like? 15', 16' ?

White alloys?
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:45   #32
BHPian

This is the best looking car in the segment IMO. Hope it makes to the showrooms soon (with a potent engine?).

Good work with the camera santosh.
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:51   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Wow....The white Lineas sure look good! Nice scoop!

What did the rim size look like? 15', 16' ?

White alloys?
Internationally, the Linea is offered with 15" tires. I'm guessing thats what these cars were running, I doubt they would upsize for India!

I think the the allloys look white because of the angle of the picture.
Old 23rd April 2008, 14:54   #34
BHPian

ncie snaps Santosh
wiating for them to hit the road
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

sids911 - No clue about the tyres friend, was too handful for me, a enfield + a nokia + 2 Linea's - LOL!

SKSbiker/Godsenvy - thanks
Old 23rd April 2008, 15:08   #36
Senior - BHPian

great pics, good job! it's a nice looking car.
On another note, I don't understand why the test drivers were pissed off. If you don't want people looking at a yet to be launched car, don't drive it on a public road or at the very least camouflage it. These car companies need to realize that there are a lot of camerphones and alert Tbhpians out there!
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:00   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
great pics, good job! it's a nice looking car.
On another note, I don't understand why the test drivers were pissed off. If you don't want people looking at a yet to be launched car, don't drive it on a public road or at the very least camouflage it. These car companies need to realize that there are a lot of camerphones and alert Tbhpians out there!
True..Probably my papparazzi style driving, overtaking and stopping in front of them to snap'em shook them up. Still No hard feelings. Am sure they must have felt proud within!
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

Great Find.

First of all, you have done a great job. Smart photographs by you. Regarding the car, its surely expected with 1910cc diesel engine with variable geometry turbocharger developing around 140bhp. This is the same diesel engine avaliable in Petra and Palio a while ago, but with lot of modernization. Really great engine and car.
I hope that the price will be around 8-9lakh and coupled with the space inside, this is the one of the top contenders. Petrol options will be the present 1.6 from Palio. I have read reviews about the car and the rear ride quality and handling not upto the real fiat marks ( just read a review ).
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:31   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Internationally, the Linea is offered with 15" tires. I'm guessing thats what these cars were running, I doubt they would upsize for India!

I think the the allloys look white because of the angle of the picture.

checked on italiaspeed the base version is having r15 and highest version is having r17. In all there are three versions with two engine options.

italiaspeed.com: FIAT LINEA
Old 23rd April 2008, 16:42   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
First of all, you have done a great job. Smart photographs by you. Regarding the car, its surely expected with 1910cc diesel engine with variable geometry turbocharger developing around 140bhp. This is the same diesel engine avaliable in Petra and Palio a while ago, but with lot of modernization. Really great engine and car.
I hope that the price will be around 8-9lakh and coupled with the space inside, this is the one of the top contenders. Petrol options will be the present 1.6 from Palio. I have read reviews about the car and the rear ride quality and handling not upto the real fiat marks ( just read a review ).
During Auto expo chat the FIAT guys mentioned that the initial Linea would launch with 1.3 MJD 75BHP, 90 BHP and 1.4 petrol engines in June-July. Recently inquired again about 1.9 Linea launch and understood that the Linea launch date could be around last quarter and the 1.9 may launch a year later.
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:43   #41
BANNED

Wow! Great scoop. Thanks for sharing with us.
Means the car will be on roads earlier than we expected?
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

I bet Ford is gonna take the highest hit if they launched it with a nice diesel. Aveo is history. SX4 was left behind sometime ago and far behind thanks to Dezire.

Gonna be a year where torque rules!
Old 23rd April 2008, 17:54   #43
BHPian

Nice scoop svsantosh.. Looks FIAT is finally gearing up for new launches. I hope it should not go the palio stile way, where in palio facelift scoops were available a year before it was launched..
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:04   #44
BHPian

Guys....Found this review online about the Linea

'This should be available with the 1.4 petrol delivering 77 bhp and the 1.3 Multijet diesel with a power output of 90 bhp. Linea may also be powered by a1.4L Turbo T-jet, petrol engin delivering 120 bhp and a much powerful 1.9L JTD engine (uniJet Turbo Diesel is Fiat Group’s term for its current common rail turbodiesel engine). Fiat may consider other engine options too but an engine from FIRE (Fully Integrated Robotised Engine) family and Swift’s, Punto’s 1.3L Multijet diesel is for sure. Manual as well automatic gearboxes will be offered.'

Note from Mod - Please provide a link to the source of your article as per Team-BHP rules.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th April 2008 at 03:38. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 23rd April 2008, 18:04   #45
BHPian

When will it be available in showrooms??..no word from Fiat yet, but listen to this- Indica V3 might be here anytime...a very reliable source behind that statement..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks