Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2008, 16:58   #151
BHPian

But is it justified for the dealer to charge 21k more though the booking was made at a lower price.
I believe you are the best person to answer this and that too honestly
Old 11th June 2008, 22:29   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Supply has increased but it would take a while to streamline
ram
Ah. I thought so. From the last week or two, every day at least 2-3 Dzires are visible in the yard at Borivali Western Express highway, below the Datta Pada flyover. I think the yard is of Spectra Motors.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:41   #153
TOR
BHPian

An Update-

Well impatience 'drove' me to friendly neighborhood maruti dealer where i had booked my Dzire VDI more than 2 months ago..here are excerpts from the conversation..

SM - sales manager
me - me!!

me - well came to inquire about the status of a booking i made on the Dzire.

SM - Sir, nothing can be said about the delivery.( he doesn't ask what model/color/booking amount/ not even my name...but is checking on the computer!!)

me - i understand that there was a supply crunch but cant you still give me something definite?

SM - Well sir the plant is closed(what he said), maruti is reinventing the wheel, all the workers are down with cholera,...(the latter ones from my head as to me it meant the same).

me - well i had written a mail to the divisional manager(which i had) and he told me(which he hadn't!..cooked up) that supply is restarted and that there is a priority list at the dealer which they are obliged to show the customer(thank ram_hyundai for this info).

me again - i also learned that you guys get 1 load(that 3 trucks carrying 4 dzires each) per 10days..(this info i got from the salesman with whom i had done the booking at the dealership..who seemed to fancy loyalty to me rather than to the dealership..good of him).

Sm - 'SILENCE"...about 10sec

SM - and your booking name is...let me check the 'list'.

me - what now, so what were you 'checking' before? your horoscope? (strong words uttered strongly in my mind)- i keep mum.

SM - aaha, there you are, silver VDI, oh sir you are 'top priority', the next silver dzire IS YOURS!!

me - (taken aback by the turn around), so when is the new load coming, are they any in the stock yard?

SM - sorry sir no idea when the load is coming and we dont have any stock.(this guy should have been a CON artist or something in that line!!)

..a firm handshake and 'call me', later i walk out of the showroom.

But i did not go home --i drive straight to the dealers stock yard and pull up a little far away to take a peek, lot of cars, most are wagon R's, few Swifts altos and zens , ( maybe SM is a gentleman after all) and i drive past the gate,
and then stomp on the brakes to a halt- a SILVER DZIRE is parked next to the gate!!

morale of the story - my hunch maybe right, theses guys must be making a handsome amount on 'premiums' for instant delivery, my guess is between 25,000-60,000/-
If so, is this correct and shouldn't there be an end to this?
I am feeling cheated even before buying a car, what can be done?
What do you guys think?
Old 17th June 2008, 21:56   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
On the 12 % interest on booking amount do read the fine print.

I've already paid 6.36 Lacs. The interest is only on 50,000. Not on the entire amount I paid.
Looks like MSIL has found a way to raise funds at an unbelievable interest rate! With your payment, the interest rate actually works out to about 1%. Thats cheap!
Old 25th June 2008, 16:48   #155
Senior - BHPian

This is good that you are getting a car by paying some money. In Thane M/s. Navneet Motors is takeing sign on the paper which says that the delivery would be only after six months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Well impatience 'drove' me to friendly neighborhood maruti dealer where i had booked my Dzire VDI more than 2 months ago..here are excerpts from the conversation..

SM - sales manager
me - me!!

me - well came to inquire about the status of a booking i made on the Dzire.

SM - Sir, nothing can be said about the delivery.( he doesn't ask what model/color/booking amount/ not even my name...but is checking on the computer!!)

me - i understand that there was a supply crunch but cant you still give me something definite?

SM - Well sir the plant is closed(what he said), maruti is reinventing the wheel, all the workers are down with cholera,...(the latter ones from my head as to me it meant the same).

me - well i had written a mail to the divisional manager(which i had) and he told me(which he hadn't!..cooked up) that supply is restarted and that there is a priority list at the dealer which they are obliged to show the customer(thank ram_hyundai for this info).

me again - i also learned that you guys get 1 load(that 3 trucks carrying 4 dzires each) per 10days..(this info i got from the salesman with whom i had done the booking at the dealership..who seemed to fancy loyalty to me rather than to the dealership..good of him).

Sm - 'SILENCE"...about 10sec

SM - and your booking name is...let me check the 'list'.

me - what now, so what were you 'checking' before? your horoscope? (strong words uttered strongly in my mind)- i keep mum.

SM - aaha, there you are, silver VDI, oh sir you are 'top priority', the next silver dzire IS YOURS!!

me - (taken aback by the turn around), so when is the new load coming, are they any in the stock yard?

SM - sorry sir no idea when the load is coming and we dont have any stock.(this guy should have been a CON artist or something in that line!!)

..a firm handshake and 'call me', later i walk out of the showroom.

But i did not go home --i drive straight to the dealers stock yard and pull up a little far away to take a peek, lot of cars, most are wagon R's, few Swifts altos and zens , ( maybe SM is a gentleman after all) and i drive past the gate,
and then stomp on the brakes to a halt- a SILVER DZIRE is parked next to the gate!!

morale of the story - my hunch maybe right, theses guys must be making a handsome amount on 'premiums' for instant delivery, my guess is between 25,000-60,000/-
If so, is this correct and shouldn't there be an end to this?
I am feeling cheated even before buying a car, what can be done?
What do you guys think?
Old 25th June 2008, 17:30   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnayak View Post
Looks like MSIL has found a way to raise funds at an unbelievable interest rate! With your payment, the interest rate actually works out to about 1%. Thats cheap!
It is a question of demand-supply, loose or absent consumer protection laws. Remember the days upto end-1990s. M800 had a wait of 8-9 months, and MUL generously gave an interest of 7% per annum on the entire booking amount. Only problem was that the market interest rates then were in their late-teens. Cool spread of 12% on 1.9 lakhs for 9 months.

When I got a Zen in Apr 1999, the delivery period was 8-9 weeks, and I was paid 7%. The loan was financed at 16%. The market interest rate for MUL would be around 13-14%.

Bottomline: Demand-supply ensures that Maruti finances its working capital and operations from customers at substantially less than bank rate, or even at virtually no cost.
Old 25th June 2008, 17:56   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
This is good that you are getting a car by paying some money. In Thane M/s. Navneet Motors is takeing sign on the paper which says that the delivery would be only after six months.
Thats so kewl!! they atleast aren't going in with any false promise...I will call it transparency at last...At least they would have this to me I would have bought my Aveo earlier.
Old 25th June 2008, 18:03   #158
BHPian

Hi,

I got my Dzire vxi in 28 days from booking (Took delivery last month). Well my father in law knew the owner of the biggest dealer for MUL in Kolkata. And my name was put on the priority list. No extra premiums. Infact I was told 1-2 months of waiting but sincere and emotional follow ups with the sales manager and a very helpful father in law did the trick.
Old 25th June 2008, 18:37   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
SM - Well sir the plant is closed(what he said), maruti is reinventing the wheel..........
......I am feeling cheated even before buying a car, what can be done?
What do you guys think?

He is right about the plant. Have an acquaintance working there. This month, plant is shut down for a week or two for half yearly maintenance.

What should you do? IMHO you should vote with your wallet and take business elsewhere.
Old 25th June 2008, 21:41   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
He is right about the plant. Have an acquaintance working there. This month, plant is shut down for a week or two for half yearly maintenance.

What should you do? IMHO you should vote with your wallet and take business elsewhere.

this means that there will be delivery problems next month(JULY),this is because dealers generally get there load/stock begining of every month.
Old 25th June 2008, 22:00   #161
TOR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
this means that there will be delivery problems next month(JULY),this is because dealers generally get there load/stock begining of every month.
i dont think so, in fact i have seen delivery to my dealer(Indus motors) on a daily basis. The yard is on the way to my work place and each day there are 1-2 trucks with cars, only that they are carrying wagonR/zen/alto loads, dzire loads are not that frequent, maybe once in 10 days.

An update: there are currently 6 dzires in the yard and all of them are petrol, not a single diesel! What i dont understand is why the dealer has no idea when the car will be shipped, is that common practice. Have read else where in the forum that dealers tend to give engine and chassis number at the time of booking, if that is the case why not with MSIL. The booking form does have a space for filling in the engine number.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:35   #162
Senior - BHPian

is this still the same case of 4-5 months of wait time? since two years? have they never upped the production capacity to meet demands? if this is how they are going to sell their cars, then tata manza would overtake them in no time. agree the car is good, but then such a wait time for six months was last seen by me for our chethak scooter 10 years back. crappy supply chains.

Last edited by GeekSrik : 24th August 2010 at 13:37.
Old 24th August 2010, 13:37   #163
BHPian

I think Maruti can make more Dzires but is sacrificing it's Indian consumers for the sake of higher margin export production. In the process they can hype the car, have a long waiting list, and their dealers and Maruti can get away with inflating prices instead of discounting.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks