Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2008, 14:49   #121
BHPian

I think they are busy fixing the defects reported by first batch of Guinea pigs. :-)
No offense to the owners.
Old 29th May 2008, 19:56   #122
BHPian

Today there was Service Camp by Bimal in my office. We got mail saying that "Test drive of SX4 and DZire is available". So went there to take test drive of DZire. However, the Bimal guy said no test drive for DZire as the waiting period is 6 months. So, I just inspected the "Test" drive vehicle for interiors, rear leg space etc. On Road price of ZDi model is now Rs 7.85 lakhs in Bangalore

He mentioned that 18000 DZires were sold till now which exceeded the initial expectation of Maruti and hence the big waiting period. I could see many of my colleagues enquiring about DZire with him.

There was a SX4 also in the display, though no takers for it for the test drive.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:14   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svel View Post
However, the Bimal guy said no test drive for DZire as the waiting period is 6 months. So, I just inspected the "Test" drive vehicle for interiors, rear leg space etc.
"No test drive" must be because they will be selling that car off to a unsuspecting customer and not because there is a big waiting period.
Quote:
There was a SX4 also in the display, though no takers for it for the test drive.
You could have taken it for a drive at least.

Last edited by praveen_v : 30th May 2008 at 10:15.
Old 30th May 2008, 10:44   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
I think they are busy fixing the defects reported by first batch of Guinea pigs. :-)
No offense to the owners.
So, you think the guinea pigs go back to the assembly line to get the fix ?
Old 30th May 2008, 12:48   #125
ECM
BHPian

Car is back and I am told that they replaced drum or drums,now all okay.They had a test drive upto 200 kmsand tank came empty as I did not fill up upto max when I took the delivery.
Old 30th May 2008, 15:58   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Car is back and I am told that they replaced drum or drums,now all okay.They had a test drive upto 200 kmsand tank came empty as I did not fill up upto max when I took the delivery.
200 KM test drive?
This is the first time I have heard of such an "extensive testing".
Old 30th May 2008, 16:30   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
"They" did a 200km test drive to test replaced brakes on a new car??
Old 30th May 2008, 16:49   #128
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
"They" did a 200km test drive to test replaced brakes on a new car??
This is what "They"said to me!
Old 1st June 2008, 12:01   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
This is insane and crazy. With launch of Dzire, MUL has turned its showrooms into 70s state-run ration shops which people used to frequent asking " Chini kab milega?".

15 months wait? That's insane. The car will be as common as Indicas / Santros by then and you won't even give it a second look. Imagine dealer calling you up after 15 months and saying, " Sir, congratulations! Your Dzire just arrived." You will be tempetd to say," Now you calling me? You might as well keep that for yourself. I am not interested in it any more." Any new car loses in its novelty within 1 month these days. I personally won't wait a day over a week. No matter however good the car may be. Car buying should be like buying an LCD tv or a split aircon which you drop in into a shop and pick up within 30 minutes.

Imagine a guy waiting for 15 months. Looking longingly at every passing Dzire on road every day and saying to himsel, " Mera number Kab aiyega?" And he will keep saying this to himself for a year and a quarter.

Yes, those looking for a budget sedan have no other option but to wait --- 15 months or 2 years. But I don't blame people for this mad rush. Nor do I blame MUL. In my opinion blame should be sqaurely on competition who have failed to provide a credible alternative to Dzire. Indigo comes closest but yet not quite there. Even now, Dzire should give them a wake up call---that there is a huge demand for a diesel budget sedan in this country. Hitherto, all manufacturers have only been focussing on hatchbacks. They should come up with a Dzire-beater post haste. Until that happens, long queues at MUL will continue.
You are absolutely right. All these so called car manufactures like Honda,Toyota were watching Indian market for years and were fooling and cheating Indians by not providing models.Hyundai could have tried come out with a Sedan with its i 10 platform.Even the Tatas goofed up by not providing the multijet engine in their CS, where as they are trying it on the dead body of PAlio.Wonder about the market studies these companies are making ,product selection and timing of its introduction into the market.I feel TATAs are better among the lot.
Ray
Old 1st June 2008, 14:20   #130
BHPian

Oops saw this just now. One of my friend had to Jam his desire between a divider and a truck to stop it when the brake failed. Ofcourse Maruti replaced his car with a new dezire!! I heard there were 3 such cases reported in hyderabad..and all three times MAruti gave a new car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
where did you get this info? Is this authentic?
Old 1st June 2008, 18:44   #131
TOR
BHPian

Wow thats really interresting new...maybe RAM can sort this issue out, of there being problems with the braking of the Cars, cause as i understnad its the same on the Swift and there were no such issues with that car.
Old 1st June 2008, 19:46   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
Oops saw this just now. One of my friend had to Jam his desire between a divider and a truck to stop it when the brake failed. Ofcourse Maruti replaced his car with a new dezire!! I heard there were 3 such cases reported in hyderabad..and all three times MAruti gave a new car!!
Hi solly,
Is this a genuine information? I booked a Dzire and waiting for the delivery. A friend of mine is driving a Dzire LDI for more than a month and I haven't heard about any brake issues from him.

If it is true, I have to think of other options. So please throw some light on those 3 incidents.
Old 6th June 2008, 13:28   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi solly,
Is this a genuine information? I booked a Dzire and waiting for the delivery. A friend of mine is driving a Dzire LDI for more than a month and I haven't heard about any brake issues from him.

If it is true, I have to think of other options. So please throw some light on those 3 incidents.
Ya its true, looks like maruti is still trying to fix the problem and they want to give my friend his money back. On inspection it was found only one front disk was function and one of the rear drums was partially functioning!!
Old 6th June 2008, 16:22   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solly View Post
This is scary. i got my Dzire zdi few days back.. What should I be checking. I have about 280km on my ODO so far.
Old 6th June 2008, 18:44   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
This is scary. i got my Dzire zdi few days back.. What should I be checking. I have about 280km on my ODO so far.
I think its a good idea to check your horror-scope before driving!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks