Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2008, 19:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshavardhan View Post
I had checked with Pratham regarding Swift VDi + ABS last week. I was told that they have stopped accepting the bookings since MSIL has stopped production of cars with ABS as there were no ABS kits in the factory.
If you are really looking for Swift VDI with ABS, visit RNS motors, Hosur road and talk to GM Jagdish shenoy directly and tell him that you talked to regional office and they told to visit your showroom.

You can get the car in 2 months.

If you visit showroom and ask for VDI with ABS, sales guys will say - sir it takes 8 months. Even after that it may come or may not come
A sales exec told me above words.

Last edited by djay99 : 15th May 2008 at 19:46.
Old 15th May 2008, 20:00   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
oh man, did India have waiting periods this long even during the license Raj? What surprises me is how ill planned maruthi is. If it does not have the resources, it should not have launched the car.

For me waiting for a car for 6 months to be delivered, I would loose interest in it. Seriously it is like you should block ur car if your not planning to use it. I would rather buy a car which gives me the pleasure when I want to drive it.

Hope they resolve this issue quickly. If they want to move ahead they have to take a call on increasing or streamlining production.

-RBI
My silky silver DZire VDi was delivered on 30th april (booked on 29th march).
Silky Silver and White are the colors in most demand.

Rest of the colors are somewhat easily available.
Old 15th May 2008, 20:57   #48
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post

If you visit showroom and ask for VDI with ABS, sales guys will say - sir it takes 8 months. Even after that it may come or may not come
A sales exec told me above words.
I dont want to turn this into a Skoda bashing thread, but isnt this a great opportunity for fabia?

Modify the fabia to match swift/dzire variants, reduce the prices to charge a small amount of premium over swift and offer next day delivery. Most of the swift buyers will switch over to fabia and skoda can then finally make some money.
Old 15th May 2008, 21:02   #49
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
I dont want to turn this into a Skoda bashing thread, but isnt this a great opportunity for fabia?

Modify the fabia to match swift/dzire variants, reduce the prices to charge a small amount of premium over swift and offer next day delivery. Most of the swift buyers will switch over to fabia and skoda can then finally make some money.
I had a test drive of it and dealer keeps calling twice a day to see what is my responce,atlast I may get rid of his calls from tomorrow.Infect I just had a test drive and never keen to buy it but these chaps are.....
Old 16th May 2008, 09:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Yes, that true. Waiting period is around 8 months right now.

What "Exhaust System" issues?
I have driven around 1000Kms so far. How do you notice it?
I don't own a dezire, but would love to ride it sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird View Post
9 Months ....u got to be kidding......

Ram Hyundai can you please enlighten us?
I just heard the news. Trying to dig out more information. Guess what. In Andhra, South of it, Nellore, Waiting period is 15 Months . I am talking about Dezire VDi
Old 16th May 2008, 09:32   #51
BHPian

Nice thought man :-) but the problem is that fabia also has waiting period of 3 months, supposedly because of high demand.
Old 16th May 2008, 09:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

At least in kerela the allotment per dealer is 2 dzires a month.Some dealers are lucky if it gets dispatched the same month.Last month i dint have any dispatches of dzires.
ram
Old 16th May 2008, 11:37   #53
BHPian

hi, i had also booked Dzire VXI on 29th April, i booked it through Hertz who takes care of our companies vehicles (leased bu company), initially by the hertz people i was told a waiting period of 1-2 months, recently i received a letter from which the car is booked that there is a waiting period of 6 months, then i called up and blasted the Hertz management, then they told me that they had request in the Priority Quota that Maruti allots them, and they will be able to deliver the car in 25 days, but still reading and going through the forums, i dont beleive that they will be able to provide the vehicle in 25 days, lets hope for the best..!!
Old 16th May 2008, 11:41   #54
girishbhat

My friend wanted to buy Swift VDi and enquired different showrooms in Bangalore. Pratham said they stopped booking Swift diesel, Bimal said wait for 6 months. Then he contacted showrooms in Tumkur, Hassan. He found that 3 Swifts are readily available in Hassan but not the color of his choise. And finally he booked in Tumkur and got it delivered with in 20 days.
A guy from Maruti said like: The distribution of no. of cars to dealers is fixed and not based on the sales or the bookings. And each dealer gets 6 Swift D extra for sale of 1 Vitara. So it is better look for the dealer who sells more Grand Vitara, or try in small towns where the sales is relatively less.

Old 16th May 2008, 12:24   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
I just heard the news. Trying to dig out more information. Guess what. In Andhra, South of it, Nellore, Waiting period is 15 Months . I am talking about Dezire VDi
Now that's the Limit !! I am not even willing to wait even for a month for any car let alone 15 months.

I personally feel that no car is worth waiting for so long. Probably 15 other cars are launched by then.

I see so many DeZire's nowadays - I do not think this shortage is in N India.

Last edited by vkochar : 16th May 2008 at 12:25.
Old 16th May 2008, 12:47   #56
BHPian

In Mumbai, I have seen lot many LDi, few VDi and not a single ZDi.

This is something I am not able to understand. MSIL launch the models with so much hype to offer top of the line features (ABS, AIRBAG, CC), but they dont deliver a car with that.

I have started feeling that the Z versions of Dzire are just to kill the compatitors by not giving costomer a secod chance to think and playing with their emotions in price sensitive market.

I am no longer able to tolerate this nonsense strategy of MSIL and the dealer syndicate. To experience the great A**, I need to have the vehicle first, then I would say A** is good.

But why the hell I am talking about A** when the sales are not taking place.
Old 16th May 2008, 13:06   #57
BHPian

One of my friends went to inquire about booking a DZire and was told of a waiting period of 6 months. He promptly walked into the Hyundai showroom next door and booked a Santro. Interestingly enough i have seen at least 5 DZires in the city within a week of this incident. I'm sure these guys must have paid a premium for their delivery.
Old 16th May 2008, 14:35   #58
BHPian

First of all, IMHO If Maruti really values its customers as they suggest, they should temporarily suspend bookings of the DZire with immediate effect until they meet the necessary production requirements & sort out their problems & complete all pending orders. In the long run customers will be happier if they are being intimated in advance & shown the real picture rather than beating around the bush and wait for 6 - 15 months . I just can't understand how people can wait for so long to get a car. I cant even wait for even a week to 10 days, i get frantic after a week & pester the hell out of the dealer from the 8th day every 2 hours. Maruti is not a small company, it is India's largest car manufacturer & they should treat their customers well & value them. I still say that Maruti A. S. S. is the best, but at what cost? Non-committed on delivery time, poor build quality, thinning sheet metal, etc there's a long list. Everybody concerned about getting delivery of their DZire should together approach Maruti Suzuki India Ltd & get serious.
Old 16th May 2008, 18:25   #59
BHPian

dzire delay..

Such a frenzy demand for products exists for new ipods, new playstations and new gaming softwares..big queues in front of shops on the day such products are launched.. But waiting period of 6 months or more? Thats a uniquely Indian concept?

I am sure Maruti's competitors would have learnt a thing or two from the Dzire launch and the resultant demand.. I think there is going to be a flood of new diesel sedans launched in the next 12 months by everybody in the 6-8L price range..

Indigo with abs/airbags and 1.3 MJD engine appears very much on the anvil..
Where are the replacements for Hyundai Accent diesel, Ford Ikon diesel? I think 6-8L diesel sedan market is underserved now because of upselling by Hyundai and Ford..
Old 16th May 2008, 18:52   #60
Senior - BHPian

the first thing that arises is that WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE crazy about that ugly vehicle?
more for less?
there are so many options are available in the market.
what is so special that people dzire to buy only this car and nothing else?

Most Viewed