Old 12th February 2009, 23:04   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 View Post
This is the info i got

Regarding fortuner they have not got the final details from sales

Mostly 3 ltr model with 120 KW may be launced but not sure

Will post more when I get more info sorry for the delay
Thanks Bakiya_2K12. Please do continue to follow up on choice of AT/MT.
Old 16th February 2009, 19:07   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

According to Auto Car India, the launch date is now October. I am giving up at this point and will believe it when I see a car in the show rooms.

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
Old 16th February 2009, 20:30   #94
Senior - BHPian

Another launch rumor floating around . I don't know what the heck is in Toyota's mind regarding Fortuner. They know it will top the charts easily over competition in the 15-20 price tag.
Old 17th February 2009, 11:10   #95
Senior - BHPian

I got some info from a senior Toyota employee that Fortuner to be brought in as a CBU between July and August most likely a Mannual - price in the Rs.20 to 21 lacs. When I reminded him that the segement it is entering offers auto (which is a must now) he said then they may bring it as an option but he said can't confirm anything as the Japanese CEO/MD keeps everything to his chest till the enth hour and sightings of test mules have no baring as they are done all year (3 years in some cases) for global needs as well as quick turnaround time if a local launch is decided. He felt the auto may be impractical for india which is why management decided not to launch Innova auto which is why he feels Fortuner may see the same fate.
Old 17th February 2009, 12:28   #96

As far as i know, Fortuner is based on innova platform, if its going to cost 20+ i think toyota is ripping us off.

They can easily bring it as CKD with fair amount of localization.

My mind says it should be 13-15 range
My heart says 20+ plus is ok as long as they bring it.

I think i have spent enough time looking at Fortuner related threads. High time i give up.
Old 17th February 2009, 12:36   #97
BHPian

Toyota is gon crazy on their thoughts that India doesn't require an Automatic option

Looking after Indian traffic condition, AT is a must for such a huge Vehicle

Other than that, all the cars sold here above the price bracket of 15 Lacs, have AT and it is AT which outsells the Manual in this segment.

Infact look at the launches in last few months with AT :-

I10 AT
Verna AT
City AT
Scorpio AT

Toyota wake up !
Old 17th February 2009, 13:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_budhiraj View Post
Toyota is gon crazy on their thoughts that India doesn't require an Automatic option

Toyota wake up !
I totally agree. For a growing family I'm considering the Innova - afterall it's the only mini-van one can buy here. But the long, truck-like gear shift stops me. It's ok for taxi drivers but for personal use an auto-box in the Innova would be nice. It's the weakest point of that package IMHO.

As far as the Fortuner is concerned I really hope it comes for about Rs.15L wth the same Innova engine. They can have higher end variants with 4x4 and 3L engines but a basic 4X2 with the Innova D4-D should not cross 15.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:16   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I totally agree. For a growing family I'm considering the Innova - afterall it's the only mini-van one can buy here. But the long, truck-like gear shift stops me. It's ok for taxi drivers but for personal use an auto-box in the Innova would be nice. It's the weakest point of that package IMHO.

As far as the Fortuner is concerned I really hope it comes for about Rs.15L wth the same Innova engine. They can have higher end variants with 4x4 and 3L engines but a basic 4X2 with the Innova D4-D should not cross 15.
Hopes, High Hopes. Toyota dashing all hopes, while a company like Hyundai expanding its portfolio with good offerings in India.

International pricing for India for Fortuner, Lets Hope. (am not complaining)

Last edited by tanwaramit : 17th February 2009 at 13:18.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:34   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
What an Idea Sirji !! That's a very practical suggestion to make it a super hot seller. Where do Toyota do all their study for Indian market. Someone suggest them Team-Bhp.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:15   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
What an Idea Sirji !! That's a very practical suggestion to make it a super hot seller. Where do Toyota do all their study for Indian market. Someone suggest them Team-Bhp.
Hoping against hope sirji. But I don't think it will happen. It is a diesel after all, why sell it for less when petrol soft-roaders cost much more??
Old 17th February 2009, 14:22   #102
Senior - BHPian

I dont have any hopes that Toyota will bring the current GEN fortuner at all in Indian Market.. what we might possibly see is the next GEN fortuner whihc might be launcehd after the Next Gen Innova..

So the Fortuner might be still away for 2-3 more years folks
Old 17th February 2009, 14:23   #103
BANNED

Please!!!

This is disgusting I had postponed my innova purchase as I thought it would come in July. But now I am pissed off. Half an hour back I had sent them an e-mail stating my frustration.(Although I dont think it makes any difference). If it comes in October only and priced above 19 l then I have to look for another option, sadly!!.
Old 17th February 2009, 15:35   #104
BHPian

A colleague from Pune confirmed having seen a few Fortuners near ARAI a week back. We guessed it could be there for homolagation- we could be wrong. But if its inteded to be luanched in Oct- do they need 8-9 months for certification before launch. I hope its launched in August as reported earlier.
Old 17th February 2009, 16:33   #105
Senior - BHPian

Tushky where are you bro.. can we have some pics if posible?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks