Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which MJD powered Vehicle?
Indica Vista Quadrajet 204 36.96%
Palio MJD 135 24.46%
Swift VDi DDiS 197 35.69%
Other ( Fiat 500/splash/chevrolet etc ) 16 2.90%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 13:59   #406
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Must say, I am pleasantly surprised by the poll results that show the Vista in the lead. My choice would be the Vista Quadrajet over the Swift any which day. Way more solid, far more room on the inside (rear passengers included) and better ride comfort.

Of course, as an Indigo owner, I can attest to the niggling issues that seem to plague Tatas. But there isn't a doubt that they still provide terrific VFM.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:22   #407
BHPian

Maruti has become too arrogant IMO. just took a TD of alto , estilo, wagon r, even the Astar last week. the TD vehicles are practically falling apart . Please visit Sai service , Andheri / SPECTRA , Borivali for this terrible experience. Absoultely pathetic condition of vehicles. I am shocked that people actually book the cars after the TD. Hats off to maruti's goodwill in the car market.....
The chevy , Tata on the other hand, give you brand new cars for TD ( Hopefully not the customer's )
Tata's service aint really bad at all. In fact i feel the advisers are actually more accomodating and forthright.
Its only the discerning user who notices very slight niggles / noise gets frustrated with the service station but the problem is usually part and parcel of the last generation of tata cars.
Old 19th August 2009, 22:27   #408
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am shocked that people actually book the cars after the TD.
Automotive trivia = More cars are booked in India without a testdrive than with. Go figure!
Old 19th August 2009, 23:02   #409
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Automotive trivia = More cars are booked in India without a testdrive than with. Go figure!
I completely agree. I find it ridiculous when companies like Skoda & Honda SR's tell you "Saar, we hardly get customers who TD the car. They come in, book & go back. You need to make a prior appointment for a TD car so that we can arrange for a customers". I mean, wth? ARAI should make a rule or something, saying you cannot not deny a customer a TD car if asked. Tafe flatly refuses to give TD of the RS & the Superb.. Atleast those buying an 800 or alto don't have much choices. As a first car, probably that is all they can afford to buy.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 19th August 2009 at 23:03.
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:26   #410

My vote goes to the Indica Vista Quadrajet. None of the other two come close to this car when it comes to space, ride quality and the ease at which it munches away the miles on a long drive. Amazing VFM too. The Swift is a fun-to-drive car, but short on space and it could do with a better ride quality. The Palio, well though its a decent car, it cant match the USPs of other two.
Old 23rd September 2009, 14:38   #411
Senior - BHPian

With so many recent MJD launches, such as the ritz and the punto I believe this thread has served and outlived its purpose

Requesting that it be closed
Old 16th October 2009, 09:51   #412
BHPian

@ greenhorn;
Hi buddy ! was in Fortune motors , powai recently in the counter sale dept. The gent over the counter told me that the vISTA spares are around 20 % cheaper than the Indica spares.
That makes it excellent value ; so how true is that statement? though i dont see any reason why he would be lying ?
Apart from that it gives neat looks , wonderful interior space and good fuel economy.
Old 16th October 2009, 10:05   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
@ greenhorn;
Hi buddy ! was in Fortune motors , powai recently in the counter sale dept. The gent over the counter told me that the vISTA spares are around 20 % cheaper than the Indica spares.
That makes it excellent value ; so how true is that statement? though i dont see any reason why he would be lying ?
Apart from that it gives neat looks , wonderful interior space and good fuel economy.
But what about the most frequently needed spare - the oil filter?
Old 16th October 2009, 10:36   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
But what about the most frequently needed spare - the oil filter?
what about it ?
is it exhorbitantly priced over other mjd competition ? or unavaliable ? or of poor quality ?
Old 16th October 2009, 10:48   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHNOON View Post
what about it ?
is it exhorbitantly priced over other mjd competition ? or unavaliable ? or of poor quality ?
No. But in fact the post said 20% lower than Indica prices. And I am a happy owner of a Vista for nearly a year and never had to go to the service centre other than for periodic maintenance! (BTW, I think TATA charges more for the filter than Maruthi, and charges for 3.7 litres of oil while the manual specifies maximum oil capacity as 3.2 litres)
Old 16th October 2009, 10:59   #416
BHPian

I am quite surprised that so many have complained of Tata Motors SS filling more than 3.2L of oil. In my case they filled-in exactly that much. In fact I was skeptical that they were filling less :-)
Old 16th October 2009, 11:14   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
I am quite surprised that so many have complained of Tata Motors SS filling more than 3.2L of oil. In my case they filled-in exactly that much. In fact I was skeptical that they were filling less :-)
I was more worried about them overfilling than the cost. But it was just upto the top level. Also somewhere else in the manual, the oil quantity is mentioned as 3.7L!
Old 17th October 2009, 10:07   #418
BHPian

Quote:
No. But in fact the post said 20% lower than Indica prices. And I am a happy owner of a Vista for nearly a year and never had to go to the service centre other than for periodic maintenance! (BTW, I think TATA charges more for the filter than Maruthi, and charges for 3.7 litres of oil while the manual specifies maximum oil capacity as 3.2 litres)
The counter sale guy quoted that .
BTW , tata also charges for 5.5 lit oil for indigo diesel. while it doesnt take more than 5.2 lit when you put it urself incl. new filter.
I think they round it off to the next quarter like glass measurements
Old 17th October 2009, 10:10   #419
BHPian

Quote:
I was more worried about them overfilling than the cost. But it was just upto the top level. Also somewhere else in the manual, the oil quantity is mentioned as 3.7L!
Maybe tata modified the engine to take more oil than the one designed by fiat . Somebody ought to pull up telco for this.
Old 11th November 2009, 01:09   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Must say, I am pleasantly surprised by the poll results that show the Vista in the lead. My choice would be the Vista Quadrajet over the Swift any which day. Way more solid, far more room on the inside (rear passengers included) and better ride comfort.

Of course, as an Indigo owner, I can attest to the niggling issues that seem to plague Tatas. But there isn't a doubt that they still provide terrific VFM.
Despite all great reviews (Vista is actually not a bad car), Vista could not set roads on fire, i10 which came much later has hammered it down, Vista despite all its feautures could not take on Swift. The Safire Vista is even more rare. Despite its neat looks, great cabin space, decent interiors, so many features, good engine, good mileage, vast dealer network, Vista is not a very popular car. Is it simply because it is associated with Tata Indica? (I dont know why Vista has to be ashamed of its parentage, Indica despite its reputation was a quite ok car). Maybe because Tata's have a poor ad agency? Or is it bcoz they are not able to swing opinion in their favour through TV shows & Auto journals? Or is there any conspiracy by Japanese & Korean companies to keep Tata out? Maybe it is peer pressure? Or is it because of the slothful dealers?

Last edited by arunpn : 11th November 2009 at 01:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks