Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2008, 16:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Honda salesguy just visited with new City's details and after much talk and showing the online photos of new Civic he was telling that it is coming in Jan 09 that is in 3 months.

Not much difference from outside, but many interior changes. I asked that then again the price will increase by 1 or 1.5 Lakhs, he said not that much.
Old 26th September 2008, 16:30   #32
BHPian

Does the proposed new Civic have the much needed lumbar support for at least the driver's seat ??
Old 26th September 2008, 19:44   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Honda salesguy just visited with new City's details and after much talk and showing the online photos of new Civic he was telling that it is coming in Jan 09 that is in 3 months.

Not much difference from outside, but many interior changes. I asked that then again the price will increase by 1 or 1.5 Lakhs, he said not that much.
so then when is the jazz out. the new civic does not look like its out in thailand as well. it will only be launched here after thai gets it. obviosly thailand gets more and sexy features cant dream about that in india now can we. so should i wait or get the new car now itself. what about the jazz, if civic facelift in jan then when is the jazz out ?
Old 26th September 2008, 20:10   #34
BHPian

From the picture this looks better then the current one, specially the rear needs to be worked out those jarring red tail lamps should be modified. While interior is anyway superb.
Old 26th September 2008, 21:34   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Anyone heard of a Diesel Civic? Well here it is about be launched in Paris next month. What's more interesting is that the new facelift for the european market is the same as the JDM one and not the completely different European spec one.
Vid, the news is about a new auto gearbox that will be mated to their i-DTEC diesel engine cars that includes, Euro Accord, CRV and Euro Civic Hatchback. I did not see any thing for Civic Sedan Diesel. And yes, thats a TSX interior shot (WCF has messed up?).

Last edited by Mpower : 26th September 2008 at 21:35.
Old 27th September 2008, 12:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
so then when is the jazz out. the new civic does not look like its out in thailand as well. it will only be launched here after thai gets it. obviosly thailand gets more and sexy features cant dream about that in india now can we. so should i wait or get the new car now itself. what about the jazz, if civic facelift in jan then when is the jazz out ?
He was saying Jazz is coming in 6 months, price will be below fabia. Its hard to put 100% trust on these sales guys. They can manipulate the truth as per their needs. May be as he knew I was convinced for Altis he told that Civic is coming in 3 months or may be true??
Old 27th September 2008, 19:15   #37
BANNED

Quote:
He was saying Jazz is coming in 6 months, price will be below fabia. Its hard to put 100% trust on these sales guys. They can manipulate the truth as per their needs. May be as he knew I was convinced for Altis he told that Civic is coming in 3 months or may be true??
so u getting the corolla then ???
Old 28th September 2008, 08:45   #38
BHPian

I don't think competition has given Honda a compelling reason for Civic upgrade. If at all Honda gives Civic an upgrade, I don't think there would be a significant change. I had a look at the new Corolla Altis yesterday. It is quite bland and ordinary to say the least. Civic in its current form is still ahead by miles.
Old 28th September 2008, 12:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yup i think Facelift Civic is around the corner. Im also expecting it in 2-3 months as they have to meet the deliveries of New City first. But i dont think Civic will have much increase in price. After Altis launch i think Honda would be a lil more careful.

Quote:

Jazz will come out sometime mid in 2009. It was supposed to come end of 09 as per Honda officials and it seems they have planned to launch 6 months before as per info in Business line (yesterday s edition) . I think facelift Civic in Jan 09 and then Jazz in June 09.
Old 28th September 2008, 12:26   #40
BANNED

the new city also has steering controls now and the civic does not. plus another remote as well...
Old 29th September 2008, 20:13   #41
BHPian

Karan, thanks for the insight on the new Civic.
And wow, if the new Civic is coming in October/November.

Here are additional pictures :
http://www.autoincar.com/wp-content/...orchange-2.jpg
http://www.autoincar.com/wp-content/...orchange-3.jpg
http://www.autoincar.com/wp-content/...orchange-5.jpg
http://www.autoincar.com/wp-content/...orchange-6.jpg

Commendably, Civic still manages a drool factor it had 2 years back.
My heart still beats for it.

Last edited by scorp 1 : 29th September 2008 at 20:27.
Old 30th September 2008, 11:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
so u getting the corolla then ???
These latest pictures look fabulous. I am in no hurry and can easily wait for few months. If these black interiors are coming to India then bye bye Altis. If I don't buy Altis and move towards Civic then all the credit will go to Honda's seriousness towards Indian market.
Old 30th September 2008, 14:51   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If these black interiors are coming to India then bye bye Altis. If I don't buy Altis and move towards Civic then all the credit will go to Honda's seriousness towards Indian market.
I thought you already sold on a Altis! Too much confusion i see. I think you heart says buy Altis and mind says wait on buddy! Well i dont think Indian Civic will get black interiors. Facelift Civic is 2 months away so my advice is wait for it.
Old 30th September 2008, 15:47   #44
BHPian

True. Wait for the tweaked Civic. It's worth waiting & getting more leads. Something is coming for sure by the year end.
Old 30th September 2008, 16:00   #45
BANNED

so i made a HUGE mistake should i say or a good thing im not sure, had my chequebook in hand was going to honda for the civic. and before going dropped in toyota for a corolla auto test drive, and here we are 15 laks on road a damn good car and i am in love. the power seats, the hid's, the cruise control is a crazy gadget for sure and the steering controls, it is 25k more than the civic and i dont know. so i drove corolla auto, civic auto, accord auto. came back with my chequebook and now thinking what to get ultimately... jazz is coming in dec or jan for sure the dealer told me so civic launch in 2 months im not sure either...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed