Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2008, 13:56   #121
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
We had a member here HSV, who was waiting and waiting for a Scorp with an auto option. Now that its come, where has he vanished?
I am here (now)... did vanish for a while.

I waited... and waited... and waited... and waited - but it never came sooner. So I just gave up and bought a Corolla A/T in Feb this year.

One important factor was that the Corolla was more time tested whereas I figured that even if the Scorp did come, I'd just be a guinea pig. So didnt want to wait that long.

However I swear there are times when I REALLY wish I had a Scorp...
Old 25th December 2008, 19:39   #122
Senior - BHPian

Trust me, considering the current 'box you haven't lost out on much by not buying the Scorpio.
Old 25th December 2008, 22:50   #123
Senior - BHPian

have you driven the scorpio AT iraghava?
Old 26th December 2008, 03:49   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
have you driven the scorpio AT iraghava?
Yup, drove one last month for a review I was doing. Not impressive at all, very disappointing in fact.
Old 2nd March 2009, 10:16   #125
Senior - BHPian

Has it losted glory and passion it was launched for ?? As i cannot see any one buying an Automatic Scorpio !!

Last edited by ashthedivx : 2nd March 2009 at 10:17.
Old 2nd March 2009, 12:43   #126
BHPian

4x4 AT scorpio query

Any scorpio lovers have idea about whether a 4x4 AT scorpio is available .
Old 19th March 2009, 10:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayygeorge View Post
Scorpio AT doesnt come in 4x4.
Old 3rd April 2009, 16:07   #128
BHPian

VLX 4x4 Automatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Scorpio AT doesnt come in 4x4.
Check this link out ! The VLX Automatic spec. sheet page does mention 4x4. Now whether the dealers are willing to get one for you in another question. (Check suspension specs,. and Gross Vehicle Weight for VLX automatic and you will see data for 4x4 also).

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::
Old 4th April 2009, 11:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque-ative View Post
Check this link out ! The VLX Automatic spec. sheet page does mention 4x4. Now whether the dealers are willing to get one for you in another question. (Check suspension specs,. and Gross Vehicle Weight for VLX automatic and you will see data for 4x4 also).

:: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio Refresh ::

When Mahindra had launched Scorpio AT, it was to be sold in VLS and VLX models.

However, there was no such actual option of buying VLS, I checked with all the dealers. It had only VLX AT.

Best option is to check with the dealer.
Old 4th April 2009, 14:55   #130
BHPian

I too checked with all the dealers here in Mumbai and also called up on the company helpline. There is no information readily available and instead of denying , the standard reply is - "we will get back to you with more information in 1-2 days".
Perhaps they would wish to guage customer base available for such a trim and based on the enquiries they may seriously consider to launch VLX AT, 4*4 with Micro hybrid with Airbags and all other creature comforts missing till now in the vehicle. Keep waiting till then. Just too bad.

Worse is that still the dealer says 4*4 is not available with Mhawk engine option and if I confirm the order then he can get a 4*4 with 2.6 L Crde engine and after driving Mhawk , there is no way that I would downgrade to older generation engine.

Last edited by shatrughna : 4th April 2009 at 15:03.
Old 6th April 2009, 14:53   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayygeorge View Post
The Scorpio 4X4 AT is not productionised. Infact m Hawk engine variant is still not available in 4X4. If one wants to buy a Scorpio 4X4, the only option is to go for the 2.6l CRDe model.
This is a big turnoff.
Old 6th April 2009, 17:12   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttler View Post
The Scorpio 4X4 AT is not productionised. Infact m Hawk engine variant is still not available in 4X4. If one wants to buy a Scorpio 4X4, the only option is to go for the 2.6l CRDe model.
This is a big turnoff.
Hi Throttler, How credible is this information? I am asking because many people post here after talking to some dealer and the dealers generally know much less about the vehicles that is available on this forum.

If your information is credible, it is quite disappointing for me personally. Any idea if/when they will launch the 4WD with the Mhawk engine? Why do they also have the specification for the 4WD version in the new Scorpio brochure.
Old 7th April 2009, 10:38   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hi Throttler, How credible is this information? I am asking because many people post here after talking to some dealer and the dealers generally know much less about the vehicles that is available on this forum.

If your information is credible, it is quite disappointing for me personally. Any idea if/when they will launch the 4WD with the Mhawk engine? Why do they also have the specification for the 4WD version in the new Scorpio brochure.
4X4addict,
Unfortunately the information is credible as it is from M&M itself and not a dealer.
There is work going on to productionise the 4X4 version of the mHAwk AT but there is no news on the mHawk manual.
Apparently there is almost no market for 4WD vehicles in India and the company does not want to got through the tooling costs.

I feel bad breaking this news to a"4X4 Addict".

It have heard of some people in chandigarh who have modified the 2WD m Hawk to make it a 4WD. This can be done by modifying the chassis and all other parts like Transfer Case and front axle parts are taken from the 4WD CRDe.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:39   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttler View Post
4X4addict,
Unfortunately the information is credible as it is from M&M itself and not a dealer.

I feel bad breaking this news to a"4X4 Addict".
That's too bad. Scorpio Mhawk 4WD would have been my first choice, guess I will have to live with the Safari 4WD. In some ways Mahindra maybe helping to generate some Safari sales by leaving the 4WD market to them.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, little off the track.
Is micro hybrid absent in AT? (vlx)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks