Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 19:13   #61
BHPian

Guys, I know this is off topic, but I need some help here with this. I need to buy an Innova on a priority basis within this week as I just sold my 5 year old OHC after doing about 1.06 lac kms on it.
Now I know that a facelifted version is just around the corner, but I do need the vehicle .

The problem is that , till last month, I was getting a cash discount of about 40k off the Innova, but now its just the insurance (bout 31k) or 25,000 cash. Even though this is December & companies usually offer better discounts, they (Toyota) aren't offering any.

Now can some one please find out if they are getting a better deal from their local Toyota dealer?

Besides, even as I buy this, I don't think the resale value of the vehicle (3 years down the line) in question will be drastically lower than the facelifted model.

Any comments would be welcome.

cheers:
Old 4th December 2008, 20:27   #62
BHPian

Update: Its raining discounts season:

Just got a call from the Toyota Dealer here in Delhi. Discount on Innova Has Been upped to 55,000 now. I think I can wring out about 60,000 off the sticker price from him.

Should I go in for the Innova Now?
Old 4th December 2008, 20:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

Expect almsot 1 lac. discount on Innova in couple of weeks. I heard huge stock is there from unknown source.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th December 2008, 21:12   #64
BANNED

1L on Innova would be great, as its not many times that Toyota hugely discounts a good selling model.
Old 5th December 2008, 00:09   #65
BHPian

1 Lac Discount?? Ravi are you sure?

Because I do believe that if Toyota gives such a discount, then all of their stocks will be lapped up by the local Taxiwallah's / tour operators.

However I do know that the sales have been going downhill for the Innova & they are gonna launch the facelifted version, hence I'll try to wait to wait for about 2 weeks time. (Gotta manage without one car)

Hoping for the best!
Old 5th December 2008, 10:27   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
1 Lac Discount?? Ravi are you sure?

Because I do believe that if Toyota gives such a discount, then all of their stocks will be lapped up by the local Taxiwallah's / tour operators.

However I do know that the sales have been going downhill for the Innova & they are gonna launch the facelifted version, hence I'll try to wait to wait for about 2 weeks time. (Gotta manage without one car)

Hoping for the best!

pls inform us, after getting the best discount as i am also looking for a disounted innova this mth
Old 8th December 2008, 11:18   #67
BHPian

I had a chat with Toyota sales representative yesterday as per them Toyota has delayed the launch of facelift till the time they cleared there huge huge stock. So launch will not be soon guys it will take 1-2 months in new year too.
Petrol production and deliver too stopped only Diesel model is available now.
+ point as Ravi said more and more discounts in coming days
Old 8th December 2008, 11:58   #68
Senior - BHPian

Right sam003, I too heard huge stock build up in every car maker's factory, so its nothing new in Toyota too.

They said Petrol Innova production stopped in September itself and only Diesel is available.

After this 4% price cut If Toyota also pass this to customers expect 1+ lac reduction in price which includes discount too.

I would buy brand new top end Petrol Innova If it comes for 10.2 lac on road in Bangalore else I will settle for Diesel.

Please remember at present Innova costs more than 10% its on road price since its launch (early 2005) because of increase in ex showroom price, more tax so on.

Considerring toyota's good planning strategies and current economical slowdown If they delay in launching new model i won't get surprised but everyone knows new Innova around the corner so i feel they will launch it max by feb 2009.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:50   #69
BHPian

Now that Toyota has officially reduced the price for Innova by 28,980- 32,780, Do you still think they will be offering the same discounts as earlier (i.e about 2 days ago , it was 55,000).

Ravi/ Sam do you have any idea ? As I am traveling & don't have the dealer's number on my cell.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 8th December 2008 at 19:56.
Old 8th December 2008, 20:26   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Now that Toyota has officially reduced the price for Innova by 28,980- 32,780, Do you still think they will be offering the same discounts as earlier (i.e about 2 days ago , it was 55,000).

Ravi/ Sam do you have any idea ? As I am traveling & don't have the dealer's number on my cell.
I guess yes as that was different than this, as this is from Govt not from Toyota. Anyways will check and let you know tomorrow. or I have number of one sales person in Galaxy his name is Manish 9313803897.
Old 8th December 2008, 21:39   #71
BHPian

Slightly OT, but its a must-read.

Toyota might be soft-launching the facelifted Innova in the US market. "The Truth About Cars" (TTAC), one of the best "In your face, no holds barred" reviewers out there, has this to say about the Innova:

* when you get up close, third-world horrors abound in a way I haven’t seen since the last National Geographic special on Rwanda.

*See those cool swage lines arching over the fender as if directly inspired by the Fiat Coupe Turbo? Look closer, and see that they aren’t quite straight, and there a few paint runs where the undercoating was most likely sprayed by someone making a buck a day. The rest of the body seems well screwed together, despite the large panel gaps reminiscent of the 1970’s

*Just like native trinkets, each Innova in my military fleet proved slightly different. My dashboard showed scratches where it was literally filed down in places to make it fit snug against the airbag. Another Innova showed melted patches on the door where it looks like it was burnt with a cigarette lighter to ensure it would fit smoothly against the armrest. I would find these oddities charming in a rug from Afghanistan, but not in a vehicle that might meet the wrong end of a speeding BMW on a Middle Eastern highway

*You sling the incredibly vague steering wheel and hope that you placed the heavily rolling beast on the correct line, for you have no hope of correcting your turn in mid-arc.

*From what I saw in India, these third-world Toyotas (for lack of a better phrase, no disrespect intended) have far inferior build quality and material selction to the ones found in other parts of Asia, Europe, USA.

This review has me flabbergasted!! Are Americans really so spoilt for choice? Are we being fed inferior stuff, and are we too naive to know about it...?

Unfortunately, I respect this website's opinions tremendously (the user/fellow author comments after every article are extremely insightful). It has, by far, the best commentary and analysis on the Big 3 (Death Watch Series) and is Forbes magazine's 'Best of the Web' winner.

Can someone shed some light? :(

LINK:
Review: Toyota Innova | The Truth About Cars
Old 8th December 2008, 22:32   #72
BHPian

^^

Yes, they are spoilt for choice. Many, many cars to choose from in every segment and at every price range. Very very few diesel cars though.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:05   #73
BHPian

Again on more facelift Toyota Shell out some money on R&D and bring some newer model to India, How many year will you sell your old horse to Indian Customer. Changing the Front Grill will not work in long run.
Old 9th December 2008, 12:45   #74
BHPian

Just updated by Galaxy Toyota in Kotla Delhi:

Discount of 55,000 on the current G4 model (if I confirm today, which I denied), plus whatever is the price reduction due to tax cuts by the company. As he said the exact reduction details have not come as yet (which I think is untrue).

Moreover he said from tomorrow, they will be offering a 45,000 discount only, which I think the salesman said to close the deal ASAP.

He too said that the New Innova (facelift ) is gonna be delayed by a couple of months.
Old 9th December 2008, 14:53   #75
BHPian

G4 model in Delhi has come down by 29K and as Galaxy is selling for 10.13 Lakh on road + 40K discount which was 55 K earlier.

As per them 40K is from dealer not from Toyota.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks