Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 09:38   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
They might come up with ad saying price increase in new year 2009 and buy in december to get best discounts.

But my plan is different, wait for a while and buy around March 2009 where there might be huge recession around globe and Automakers has to decrease the price to survive. By now they would have decreased the price but they are not.

Regards,

Ravi.
Ravi,
I hope Toyota doesn't try tricks like Honda. It is very foolish for a car company to increase prices at a time when they are unable to sell them even after discounts. I also hope potential buyers will not fall to their gimmicks.

Having said that, the dealers were always saying that the new Innova would be more expensive than the current one. But, in general I think this is a golden opportunity for buyers to force the manufacturers to bring down car prices.
Old 26th November 2008, 17:59   #47
BHPian

Toyota has no plans to launch Innova this year, it will be 2009 Jan only. This has been confirmed by one sales man at Galaxy.
Old 26th November 2008, 22:16   #48
BANNED

i dont think it makes any big difference for toyota by preponing or postponing the launch of facelifted innova.it still sells without much discount.

I dont see much difference in the facelift too.very minor changes which are not very noticeable.

Hope toyota pulls up their socks before xylo eats their market.
Old 27th November 2008, 20:57   #49
BHPian

What is the max discount offered for Innova right now?

Is it wise to buy the discounted Innova or wait for the facelifted one which is supposed to be costlier.
Old 27th November 2008, 21:06   #50
BHPian

not shedding much, just insurance is free nothing else (around 30K). They are not feeling like model is getting changed. They say few minor facelift will not attract much discounts. So as a year end we are giving Insurance free. One more news they told that production is already stopped for running model, so whatever stock dealers has they are not even going for new stock.

If you are planning for top-end model, then wait otherwise wait for another 15 days and you will get more discount.
Old 27th November 2008, 23:38   #51
BHPian

Innova is a vehicle , though for being around sometime, still does not feels like outdated other than for its bulk.

Moreover the facelift looks better
Old 28th November 2008, 17:47   #52
Senior - BHPian

Autocar made a correction in the Dec issue - saying it comes only on Jan 2009.
Old 28th November 2008, 17:52   #53
BHPian

Hardly any major changes from the exterior as through the picture. Infact changes need to made to the front.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:20   #54
BHPian

Dealer called me to say they are launching new model by Jan2009 price yet to be known
Old 29th November 2008, 18:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thats good news, I know changes are very less but much needed facelift and it would give best refresh to buyers like me who already owned Innova and who still want to buy Innova.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th November 2008, 20:31   #56
BHPian

What all new is expected in the facelifted version?
Old 30th November 2008, 10:19   #57
Senior - BHPian

I believe it has been mentioned before on this thread. The facelift is cosmetic and includes changes to headlight, bumper, climate control and audio control on steering.
Old 1st December 2008, 09:02   #58
BHPian

Innova Facelift

Just few days back, had a look at the new Innova. I do not see much difference other than the front grill that looks more like its own 2007 Avanza.
Most disappointing part is that the 2nd row seat is a like wooden bench still. Most annoying part of Innova. There is no improvement in it yet. Not sure whether in India also the same applies or they have modified it in India.

Fyi, even the Fortuner's back seat is also similar to Innova with very less thigh support. Not surely comfortable for long journeys.
Old 1st December 2008, 11:04   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmuser View Post
Just few days back, had a look at the new Innova. I do not see much difference other than the front grill that looks more like its own 2007 Avanza.
Most disappointing part is that the 2nd row seat is a like wooden bench still. Most annoying part of Innova. There is no improvement in it yet. Not sure whether in India also the same applies or they have modified it in India.

Fyi, even the Fortuner's back seat is also similar to Innova with very less thigh support. Not surely comfortable for long journeys.

Hi, did u see the inside can u tell the diff they have made anything considerably worthy?
Old 1st December 2008, 12:11   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Hi, did u see the inside can u tell the diff they have made anything considerably worthy?
Grill in the front is obvious difference. Inside I see some finishings like chrome etc (though I was there for RAV4). But I am not sure whether that is going to help in some way or other as this region get the Innovas from Thai factory.

Pls check this url : TOYOTA INNOVA

Last edited by sgmuser : 1st December 2008 at 12:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks