Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2024, 03:41   #8056
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

This thread reminds me that classic scene from Ted Lasso, where is playing darts.

Added the Link .
Enjoy
neofromcapone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 08:43   #8057
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

This post is really gotten more than “my two cents” or should I call “my two rupees” which you will save as per GoI.
But the real issue is unhandled.
Fixing a fuel pricing policy.
I say do it for 5 years, but have the brains to chalk out and guts to implement.
The real people who suffer are people who have to compulsorily use two wheeler as their means to earn. I know many of the members would jump and cross me over this. But I will give an analogy.
The tax structure is not same for every earning bracket.
Then how dare the govt loot the poor by putting exorbitant taxes on petrol!
The biggest part missing is brains and guts to fix a pricing policy, plan out a scheme to give the most benefit to that category of two wheelers for example 100 cc max 125cc and might as well throw the fuel efficiency figures. Say at least 50kmpl fuel efficiency.
Create a special GST bracket for these. Remove all taxes and charge them only based of the special GST.
These folks will love the extra thousands of savings per month and in fact use it for spending, home EMI or what ever.

This is the discussion or debate needed.
My two cents!!
RunGaDa is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 09:03   #8058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltinsane View Post
Cut in fuel price doesn't directly affect middle class much. Maybe logistic cost would go down and that would trickle down to groceries and such.
If you are planning a long road trip, where say, you end up using 300 liters of fuel, you will save 600 Rs. That's less than you would spend on Pizza for two.
I think for 60-70% of the population, pizza is a luxury. Remember, media showing farmers eatling pizza and asking how are these farmers poor when they can afford pizzzza.
And media is a voice of govt in today's date.
So, this means the govt also thinks that 2 rs is good amount.

Gone are the days when before elections, you would hear fuel prices being cut by 8-10 rs to bring down the inflation. But, now 2 rs ???

Gone are the days when govt used to be wary of people's problem, at least before elections.

But wait a sec, they have already done so much.
They know what sells. Jobs, employment, inflation.. are these even relevant today?

I rememeber a reporter in UP asking a fruit vendor. Converstaion was something like this :-

R: Are you happy?
FV: Yes. (Big grin on his face.)
R: Why ? Has your sales increased ?
FV : No.
R: Has sales gone down?
FV: Yes
R: Then ?
FV: I am happy. See around whats happening.
R: Ok. Are you able to save more for your family?
FV: No
R: Then ?
FV: bas. aise hi...

turbo_delight is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 10:49   #8059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post

Gone are the days when before elections, you would hear fuel prices being cut by 8-10 rs to bring down the inflation. But, now 2 rs ???
The main reason would be the current govt is confident that they would come back to power.
rakesh_r is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 13:34   #8060
BHPian

This price cut couldn't have come on any other right time for me at least.
The day this was announced I was going on a long drive - Pune Indore and back.
Guess what? I have saved almost 250/- + in two days flat with three full tanks in my car.

Hope this continues for another one week as I have another long trip planned for upcoming long weekend.
Old 18th March 2024, 14:31   #8061

It is ridiculous how the government is playing with people's emotions by just reducing 2 Rs. per liter when the crude oil prices have went down, just to make sure vote banks are increasing during the time of election, where people would get carried away by the reduction. later the government once won in the election would increase humongous amount and put the burden on the middle class and upper middle class, who are the sufferers . We should vote keeping the whole tenure in mind, and also make sure that the current reduction is not taken off until next one year. just my 2 cents.
ArjunCh_Atharv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 18:08   #8062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_delight View Post
I think for 60-70% of the population, pizza is a luxury.
So, this means the govt also thinks that 2 rs is good amount.

Gone are the days when govt used to be wary of people's problem, at least before elections.
According to government, everything is a luxury. Why else would everything be taxed? Even interest charged by Banks on EMI's is taxed.

2 Rs is very little considering Petrol is over 100 in many parts of the country that makes it less than 2% change.
India annually consumes around 68 billion liters of Petrol. With 1.42 billion current population, that comes roughly 48 liters petrol per person per year.
Everyone doesn't use petrol, if 1 in 20 uses petrol that makes it 960 liter per user per year. With recent cut, that makes it Rs 1920 saved a year.

With average salary in India being 31,900 average Indian will save 0.5% income annually.

But hey, it's not thing. Every cent counts.
Ltinsane is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 00:45   #8063
Team-BHP Support

Note from Support: Please do not drag politics into this thread. Disagree, but with respect, and move on once you have made your point. Political posts will attract infractions/bans.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 01:33   #8064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitthebest View Post
This price cut couldn't have come on any other right time for me at least.
The day this was announced I was going on a long drive - Pune Indore and back.
Guess what? I have saved almost 250/- + in two days flat with three full tanks in my car.

Hope this continues for another one week as I have another long trip planned for upcoming long weekend.
Kya kariyega itni dhan-rashi ka?

(Translation - what will you do with such a large amount of money - in Amitabh Bachhan's KBC voice).
Candy$Cars is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 11:10   #8065
BHPian

Why are people so disappointed about the Rs 2 cut in petrol prices? I just topped up about Rs 3700 worth of petrol and would like to think I got a discount of 70 bucks on 35 liters of petrol. Whichever party comes to the center, they all like to milk fuel prices except for the Left who actually did get Congress to pull down the petrol prices.
jomyboy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 11:52   #8066
BHPian

Everyone needs to accept that fuel prices are one of the primary sources of tax income for both state & central governments. Even the opposition knows that- and that's why we haven't seen any major agitations against fuel prices in the recent past.

Also, expect a hike as soon as the new central government takes oath.
Geo_Ipe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 13:06   #8067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Once election steps out ...
Haha, well let's enjoy it while it lasts. At least we get something from the election fever.
BrakHorseBarhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 00:38   #8068
Senior - BHPian

I am a regular customer for BP Speed petrol. The price in Chennai used to be Rs 102.xx for petrol and 105.xx for Speed. So when I filled the tank of my car today with Speed, I was expecting to pay ~ Rs 103.xx, because normal petrol price now is Rs 100.xx

But my balloon was pricked when I saw the bill. Price of Speed petrol has gone up to 107.84, only normal petrol price has reduced to 100.25 or so.

Last edited by Gansan : 13th April 2024 at 00:39.
Old 13th April 2024, 06:51   #8069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
But my balloon was pricked when I saw the bill. Price of Speed petrol has gone up to 107.84, only normal petrol price has reduced to 100.25 or so.
The reason behind that is only regular octane fuel sold by PSUs are governed by price regulation. Premium fuels are not and hence each entity (public or private) can set it at whatever rate they want.
Old 13th April 2024, 06:54   #8070
Distinguished - BHPian

How much and why is the difference in fuel prices across cities within the same state? I knew the difference was a few paise as we moved away from major cities, probably to account for higher transport charges. But I was surprised to see a 2 rupees higher price per litre in Karwar compared to Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks