Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2024, 13:10   #8026
BHPian

Re: The Official Fuel Prices Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Am tired of people complaining here after all the things the Government is doing. Afterall,

1- We're building the nation by paying the extra CESS, it's not funding any businessman's debt

2- Fuel prices are market linked and there is no role of the government here, they have showed us mercy by reducing it by INR 2/-

3- India is the next world superpower with almost NIL poor people

4- LPG reduced by 100 and now Fuel by 2 will push the remaining poor people out of poverty
Well said. And just to add:

5. Obviously such citizen friendly measures have nothing to do with elections or electoral bonds and other such paraphernalia of a strong democracy.
pavanmadhini is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 13:42   #8027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am tired of people complaining here after all the things the Government is doing. Afterall,

1- We're building the nation by paying the extra CESS, it's not funding any businessman's debt

2- Fuel prices are market linked and there is no role of the government here, they have showed us mercy by reducing it by INR 2/-

4- LPG reduced by 100 and now Fuel by 2 will push the remaining poor people out of poverty
I like your subtle dig. Just one little problem. There are actually people out there who would believe these to be 100% true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Oh absolutely.

They have held fuel prices steady for quite some time now. A minor reduction before elections, followed by major increases afterwards once power is secured. We have seen them play this game many times before.
True that. It will scale new heights, post-elections. Among many reasons why I bought an EV, one was just to cock a snook at their fuel prices. My monthly running is only 300KMs and yet I opted for EV as I didn't want to feed their greed. Let them have others money but they ain't getting my money, however miniscule. Not on automotive fuel. I feel petrol may inch up to 125 rupee mark over a 30-day continuum.
pgsagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 13:54   #8028
BHPian

When the govt can wantonly reduce prices, I'm surprised how they can still fool the public with the age-old reason of "fuel prices are linked to the international market and govt has de-regulated etc etc..."

Just goes to prove that no govt and political party is immune to populism at the end of the day! It's just appalling that the common public is routinely taken for a ride and there's virtually nothing we can do. While we diligently keep paying taxes through our noses and everything from pin-to-panty is taxed, our tax money is diverted to subsidies for everyone but us. The tax-paying middle-class is devoid of any consideration.

We were so used to paying 106.30/- per litre for petrol by now, that this reduction of a paltry 2/- should not even be considered as news. If the govt "actually" cares for the public, show the guts to reduce the price by 10/- per litre, minimum!
IamNikhil is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 13:56   #8029
BHPian

Regardless of who is running the government, I hope the government does not subsidize fuel prices, and actually gets some profit of fuel sales. That is easy money that the government can make without too much scope of evasion. Provided that money is used judiciously, I am all for high fuel prices. Subsidies that are not targeted are a recipe for economic doom as many other economies have shown us.

Last edited by KL01toKA03 : 15th March 2024 at 13:58.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 17:22   #8030
BHPian

Pertrol prices in southern states.

Karnataka – 99.84
Tamilnadu – 101.70
Kerala 107.25
Telanaga – 107.41
Andhra Pradesh – 109.62
skumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 17:36   #8031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
Regardless of who is running the government, I hope the government does not subsidize fuel prices, and actually gets some profit of fuel sales. That is easy money that the government can make without too much scope of evasion. Provided that money is used judiciously, I am all for high fuel prices. Subsidies that are not targeted are a recipe for economic doom as many other economies have shown us.
Both petrol and diesel have never been sold for less than their cost price.

The subsidy that the various governments have spoken about in the past is a discount on the taxes they charge.

Slightly old link but you will get the picture.
https://www.news18.com/business/taxe...s-8662956.html

Quote:
Petrol’s base price (Rs 57.07 per litre) + freight charges (Rs 0.20) + excise duty (Rs 19.90) + dealer commission (Rs 3.84) + value-added tax (Rs 15.71) = Total petrol price at Rs 96.72 per litre.
Petrol, cigarettes and liquor are the top earners for both the states and union government.

Last edited by bblost : 15th March 2024 at 17:40.
bblost is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 18:06   #8032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
Pertrol prices in southern states.

Karnataka – 99.84
Tamilnadu – 101.70
Kerala 107.25
Telanaga – 107.41
Andhra Pradesh – 109.62
This is a surprise for me (given that I have never purchased fuel in these states) that KA has the cheapest prices among neighbors.

Given the high taxes on cars, I was under the impression that fuel too hall be expensive there. Wish we had such prices in MH
Old 15th March 2024, 18:16   #8033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
This is a surprise for me (given that I have never purchased fuel in these states) that KA has the cheapest prices among neighbors.

Given the high taxes on cars, I was under the impression that fuel too hall be expensive there. Wish we had such prices in MH
IIRC, it was done by BJP ruled states at that time. I think around 4-5 states which were ruled by BJP slashed prices(around 5 rupees). Not sure if there were any elections at that point.
Old 15th March 2024, 18:17   #8034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post

This is due to political reasons. Last year fuel prices were same in atleast KA, AP and TG. When the central govt reduced fuel prices by ₹10, the then BJP govt in KA reduced the price by ₹10, meanwhile the non BJP govts in AP and TG did not reduce the prices then.
Old 15th March 2024, 18:18   #8035
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
All said and done, you are living in a fairy world if you believe this statement of yours.
Where was the govt sleeping when the crude prices crashed ? Search and research before posting these baseless comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
For those who justify 2rs of price reduction, following is the historical data of Indian Crude purchase. Convert it to INR and see if we were paying as per international purchase price

Attachment 2583005
Ptaneja Sir I hate to break it to you but Sk8r's post is based on extensive research done by Teambhpians. They all can see it, if you try a little harder, you'd see it too.

Petrol pricing has more to do with supply, demand, micro and macro economics and little to do with any govt, politics or elections. I see even poor people using electric vehicles these days everywhere so whether they increase or decrease the prices it has zero bearing whatsoever on anybody's suffering, err prospering. This 2 Rs cut can buy an egg for mid day meal for lakhs of school going children for every litre bought by anybody. Unless eggs are banned to be consumed by a school.

Last edited by Fuldagap : 15th March 2024 at 18:25.
Fuldagap is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 10:49   #8036

As a middle class citizen I have zero hope of any relief from any government. 2 rupees per litre benefit to actual earners of the society and free ration|free electricity|loan waiver| to others.

We can cry as much as we want we as a middle class are doomed. I low key feel proud of people who scam the gov't and extract benefits (at least someone should )

We gonna give taxes and die without receiving any security of anysort no wonder people migrate out of India as soon as they see an opportunity.

After crying above in my post I am back in senses now and it's not that bad.
Come on guys :P
Bazooka1989 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 11:17   #8037

Just curious, the syndrome of reducing before elections and hiking post-elections can only be seen in our country?

Still, the prices have been consistent for many months, but we might see an upward trend post-elections irrespective of who forms the govt.
safariLove is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 11:55   #8038
BHPian

It is irritating to see the reduction by just 2 rupees. They still think people are fools to believe that the government is concerned about their people. After elections it will silently creep 2 times above what is reduced.
Piston_head is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 12:00   #8039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Petrol, Diesel Prices Cut By ₹ 2 Across India: Oil Minister
The following can only be written in Hindi, however owing to the rules of Team-BHP I will write a translation too. Addressed to Government of India.

“Sir 2 rupaye ka nahi balki 5 rupaye ka petrol attendant chori chakari mein kha jaata hai, aap kya 2 rupaye kum karvane ki baat kar rahe?!”

Translation:
“Sir, not just 2 rupees but 5 rupees of petrol is eaten up by attendant by cheating, what are you talking about reducing 2 rupees price?!
Old 16th March 2024, 12:14   #8040
BHPian

Quote:

Not gonna lie, you had us in the first half. Great writing
Amrit@wheels is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks